- Code: Veronica -

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by FETUS »

hey if you can beat the battle game with wesker than I bow to you I did it once out of sheer luck
Grooverider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Grooverider »

I love the game - best RE game ever. But I think you have to buy into the RE mindset (be ultra conservative with weapons, save often, hoard weapons) or you can get into situations where you just have to reset. It is harsh but probably deliberate to intensify the isolation and fear factor.
Smirre
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Smirre »

mmboy wrote:Alone in the Dark: the new nightmare
That game has a major flaws. I don't hate anything more than respawning monsters in this kind of games. Code Veronica had respawning enemies on 1 (or 2?) situtations and that was annoying. Now this Alone in the Dark has respawning monsters in almost every freaking room! :evil:

It takes 9 shotgun shells to kill one pesky zombie and usually zombies moan in groups of 3 to 4. Yippee 27 or 36 shells wasted in 1 room and when I come back I have to waste same amount of shell again! Pfft. And you say in Code Veronica there was not enough bullets.... :roll:

Also it's horrible that player can't tell if the bullets really did damage to mini-bosses or normal enemies (for instance flying gargoyle in library and those shadow monsters very start of game). I shot all my 70 shells, 30 bullets and couple of grenade shells to the gargoyle. Status: Gargoyle didn't get a scratch and I was lying killed on the floor. After that I went to gamefaqs.com and read you have to shoot excactly right moment (1sec time to shoot). Well it would be fun to know that my bullets didn't harm him at all even though he "screamed" and got pushed back of my bullets.

AITD is a good game on best moments but it's horribly frustrating game too many times. AITD is VERY hard game compared to CV. CV is better and very nice game.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Smirre wrote:
mmboy wrote:Alone in the Dark: the new nightmare
That game has a major flaws. I don't hate anything more than respawning monsters in this kind of games. Code Veronica had respawning enemies on 1 (or 2?) situtations and that was annoying. Now this Alone in the Dark has respawning monsters in almost every freaking room! :evil:

It takes 9 shotgun shells to kill one pesky zombie and usually zombies moan in groups of 3 to 4. Yippee 27 or 36 shells wasted in 1 room and when I come back I have to waste same amount of shell again! Pfft. And you say in Code Veronica there was not enough bullets.... :roll:

Also it's horrible that player can't tell if the bullets really did damage to mini-bosses or normal enemies (for instance flying gargoyle in library and those shadow monsters very start of game). I shot all my 70 shells, 30 bullets and couple of grenade shells to the gargoyle. Status: Gargoyle didn't get a scratch and I was lying killed on the floor. After that I went to gamefaqs.com and read you have to shoot excactly right moment (1sec time to shoot). Well it would be fun to know that my bullets didn't harm him at all even though he "screamed" and got pushed back of my bullets.

AITD is a good game on best moments but it's horribly frustrating game too many times. AITD is VERY hard game compared to CV. CV is better and very nice game.
I know now not to buy Alone in the Dark. That Eternal Darkness is really hard. The monsters are there shoot stuff at you that you can't even dodge.

I loved RE 2 on Dreamcast, on easy mode it was VERY easy as far as not getting killed. When I play RE games I am more interested in exploreing the area's and solveing puzzles, not trying to run from every damn monster I see. That is why I hate CV, stuff respawns and ammo is scarce.

RE on GC was really good also. The hardest part was actually the beginning. After I got about 3 clips I was straight. I wish more modern games would make use of the EASY or HARD mode options. Metroid Prime really needs one of those.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

I like alone in the dark personally, CV is only good for the battle game
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

ShadowofBob wrote:I'd play RE games more if they got rid of the crappy control system.
I thought this at first too. Infact, I died to the first zombie the first time I played RE 1. I was so pissed at the controls I did not play it again for months. Then out of the blue, I decided to give it another try. Took me a while to get use to the controls, but it was worth it since I enjoyed the game very much and have been playing the series since. I love RE :D
s700pid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by s700pid »

That Eternal Darkness is really hard. The monsters are there shoot stuff at you that you can't even dodge.
Anyone else tried Ethernal Drakness?
Sorry to talk about GC in the DC forum
Stupid is as Stupid posts
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

Sorry for the long silence. Had to move house.

To the guy who said that he killed the badass at the end of CV disc one WITH NO AMMO....

* Begin totall bewilderment *

:o :o Just which of the 9 million Indian gods' powers did you steal??? :o :o

I mean, that was the hardest part for me! I started off with just two exploding arrows...

NO AMMO???!!!! :o :o :o

I tried that level like 50 times without resetting!! (yeah I'm a glutton for punishment... Or maybe I just don't like losing,) I tried dodging that thing, but it would just follow me. I had a first aid spray and green herb. Once I dodged it once, then it came with that "stupid" one-two combo, I dodged it again, then it came to me 3 more times!!! Like WTF??!! It's like Capcom programmed it to relax only after hitting you a number of times. You must have had like 10 first aid sprays dude!

* End total bewilderment *

Anyway, if what you say is true, I bow down to ye, oh Resident Evil master. :D
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Yes, it really can be done. Every time you launch a crate at him he takes damage. You just have to dodge his attacks the whole time. To do this, you have to be very quick with the controls. Otherwise, just save all your explosive arrows and blast away, before launching the crate.

There's one more way, quicker, but very tough: lure him to the back of the plane, stun him with BOW grenades, and run like hell to launch a crate at him. He'll fall off right away. That's how I beat him, but it was pure luck, I wasn't planning on killing him that way. :D
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth