Ramen Noodles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MidnightObsidian »

Ramen Noodles... ::drools::

<3 <3 <3
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

There was a topic in this forum months ago about what food you eat while visiting the DCEmulation forums. Why was I the only one to say ramen? http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=59961
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

My mom stopped buying those a while ago, probably like 2 years ago.
I miss them so.

When I get money, I am SO buying ramen noodles.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

atf487 wrote:My mom stopped buying those a while ago, probably like 2 years ago.
I miss them so.

when you get money, theyre pennies apiece....

you must be REALLY broke.... :o
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

kaioshade wrote:
atf487 wrote:My mom stopped buying those a while ago, probably like 2 years ago.
I miss them so.

HAha :D
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

kaioshade wrote:
I miss them so.

I am. I just spent it all on shipping :(

Lemme see if I can rummage up some quarters.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Get a few Quarters and go buy a dozen. Buy the Top Ramen brand if you must. I know Maruchan is more expensive, but to me, anything less is uncivilised.

And btm4k, just use mine or azathoth's directions, but microwave the water instead. Lazy bastard.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

You know, last time I had Ramen noodles was years ago, and I *cough*didn'tlikethem*cough*.

Reading all these posts, though, I'm kind of inspired to go have some more. I think we've got some in the cupboard, so I am going to give it a shot tomorrow.
TheSimms
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by TheSimms »

This should be a sticky......especially becuase of fatheadpi's "Ramen Tutorial". I love Ramen, but obviously don't have as much experience as some of the people on the boards.....

I think Ramen have the biggest cult following out of any noodle, maybe even any food, period.......Hey, I'm really going to try some of the things in this thread. I have about 12 packs in the basement.

Everyone should take a couple minutes to learn the history of the Ramen noodle here: http://www.konzak.com/ramen/ramhist.html (The main page is also good)

If anyone needs anymore info on Ramen go here : http://mattfischer.com/ramen/. It's great. There are 218 recipes there, and some are pretty complicated......
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

TheSimms wrote:I think Ramen have the biggest cult following out of any noodle, maybe even any food, period...
I dunno, Pot Noodle has a pretty huge following, it is after all the Slag of all snacks. anyway pie is better ;]
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Lupin, you and your friggin pie.

I guess we could sticky this topic, not just to shamelessly promote myself in another forum outside of the homebrew apps, but as TheSimms said:
This should be a sticky......especially becuase of fatheadpi's "Ramen Tutorial".
God I love shameless self promotion.

COMING SOON: An official microwave-based tutorial for people like btm4k that are too lazy or possibly too incompetent to use a stove to cook Ramen. Or those who just have access to microwaves, and not stoves.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

fatheadpi wrote:COMING SOON: An official microwave-based tutorial for people like btm4k that are too lazy or possibly too incompetent to use a stove to cook Ramen. Or those who just have access to microwaves, and not stoves.
:oops: btm4k isn't the only one
But anyways i hope the guide will be good... or else i'll have to starve... lupin jacked all my pies : ( *cries
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

fatheadpi wrote:Lupin, you and your friggin pie.

I guess we could sticky this topic, not just to shamelessly promote myself in another forum outside of the homebrew apps, but as TheSimms said:
This should be a sticky......especially becuase of fatheadpi's "Ramen Tutorial".
God I love shameless self promotion.

COMING SOON: An official microwave-based tutorial for people like btm4k that are too lazy or possibly too incompetent to use a stove to cook Ramen. Or those who just have access to microwaves, and not stoves.
Do you work for Ramen Noodle???

Also, you don't need a microwave, or a stove to cook Noodles. All you need is a kettle. Thats right boil your water, put it in a bowl with your noodles, leave for a few minutes. Presto, cooked noodles
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Lupin[lvl] wrote:
TheSimms wrote:I think Ramen have the biggest cult following out of any noodle, maybe even any food, period...
I dunno, Pot Noodle has a pretty huge following, it is after all the Slag of all snacks. anyway pie is better ;]
i always wondered this, what is it with you and pie ? :lol:
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

fatheadpi wrote:COMING SOON: An official microwave-based tutorial for people like btm4k that are too lazy or possibly too incompetent to use a stove to cook Ramen. Or those who just have access to microwaves, and not stoves.
YEAH!!

Does anyone have one of those 190 degree hot water faucets in their kitchen? Those are so nice. It's instant burning water, which makes the ramen cook faster :P .

BTW, evangeilion is cool.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

ALright, I'm getting ready to do a test - run with microwave ramen. THis first run will be a hybrid microwave / my ultimate method test. Expect the result to be similar to my dc divx / gypplay test results, and therefore slightly comical, but also very informative and satisfying.
Do you work for Ramen Noodle???
No, I tried to get on at Maruchan, but they said I couldn't work there, something about a recently enacted restraining order. And Top Ramen is just too inferior to Maruchan for my tastes.
Does anyone have one of those 190 degree hot water faucets in their kitchen?
I have three equally good replies for this one.

1. Didn't Red Green try this once?
2. No, I ran out of duct tape and I didn't have enough crazy strams to run a line directly to the water heater.
3. No, I tried that once, but it didn't work out when i wanted to cook Ramen and someone was taking a shower.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

:o you have water problems
thanks btm4k :)
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

I mean a special faucet that has it's own water heater. It's made by ISE - In Sink Erator.
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

I...just follow the directions on the package. And DO NOT DIS CREAMY CHICKEN!
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

EvilSporkMan wrote:I...just follow the directions on the package. And DO NOT DIS CREAMY CHICKEN!
what instructions?