NO CAFFEINE FOR ONE WEEK CHALLENGE!!111

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: NO CAFFEINE FOR ONE WEEK CHALLENGE!!111

Post by Calavera »

It's hard to quit anything, especially when you have such easy access to it. Try to pull through it, it will be rough the first week or so but after that I would say you will feel much better.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NO CAFFEINE FOR ONE WEEK CHALLENGE!!111

Post by DanteJay »

It really goes to show how different chemicals have different impacts on people. I turned 30 this year and have been a regular caffeinator since I could eat solid food. Growning up in an Italian house, coffee and cookies for breakfast was the norm. Up until 4 weeks ago I consumed several cups of coffee and tea a day and a couple of glasses of Coke.

Incidentally, I'm an extremely light sleeper and since my teenage years have had trouble sleeping. This last year it got worse. Im always tired. So 4 weeks ago my doctor asked me to give up caffeine to see if my sleep improves (as well as attend a sleep clinic). I weened myself off caffeine within two days and had a slight headache. So 4 weeks now Ive been 100% completely off it (not even consuming chocolate or anything even decaffeinated), and I've felt pretty much the same. The only exception as darc mentioned, my sleeping has gotten slightly worse, which in itself has resulted in me sleeping slightly less, causing me to be slightly more tired than I usually am throughout the day. But I haven't experienced anything like BoneyCork has. Aside from missing the taste of coffee, coke and tea, I've had no real effects, except the slight headache I had 2 days later.