Go on then, let's talk about Grand Theft Auto V

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Wagh
Wagh
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Go on then, let's talk about Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Wagh »

Specially Cork wrote:
Wagh wrote:I bought this on PS3 and well it's fun and all. I just cannot stand the controls. The game feels clunky with a controller, especially driving and shooting. I'm only about 2% of the way into the game because of this. I guess I'll just wait for a pc release for something that is actually playable.
I think the controls are fine. The cover mechanics aren't perfect, but the driving is superb this time.

The driving is pretty tight. My issue is with driving and shooting. I get what they buttons they are expecting me to press i just can't seem to execute it.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Specially Cork wrote:
melancholy wrote:Played about 3 hours last night, and I'm starting to get worried. I have been doing mission after mission with Franklin, and can't unlock any other characters. I think I have to go to that car dealership to actually progress the story, but I can't enter any doors and the garage door at the back where I have been entering is shut. I have no idea how to get inside, which makes me wonder if my game is glitched. I finally gave up and turned it off, so hopefully when my game reloads I have some kind of way of finally moving along.
There should be a small yellow circle outside the dealership...I think there's a glitch where it doesn't show in the map sometimes but you can still activate the mission.
Turns out there was a cutscene that occurs at the front of the car lot outside the building that wasn't loading. Once I started playing again last night, the cutscene finally worked. So yeah, it bugged out but a console reset fixed it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

As much as I love the single-player I think GTA:Online is pretty rubbish. I don't want to level up my character and earn money. I just want to go crazy in a sandbox with loads of other people, a full arsenal of weapons, fighter jets, whatever.

Everyone's characters are being deleted anyway... :twisted:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

If I'm not doing missions, races, whatever with a bunch of friends then yeah I just fuck around in free mode and kill people. I hate when assholes get a bounty on them so they'll just hide in their apartment. Pussies!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I'm probably going to sell my copy while it still holds value. I absolutely love the game, but can only play it for a very small window of time after my son goes to bed, so it take me forever to get anywhere in the game. Every time I finally have a chance to pick it up again, I practically forget the controls let alone what the hell I was doing in the game.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:I'm probably going to sell my copy while it still holds value. I absolutely love the game, but can only play it for a very small window of time after my son goes to bed, so it take me forever to get anywhere in the game. Every time I finally have a chance to pick it up again, I practically forget the controls let alone what the hell I was doing in the game.
I feel ya. Luckily I work afternoons and evenings so I never have to get up early I the morning. My son usually sleeps 11-9 while I usually do 3-10 so there's a good few hours there for me. It I want to play while he's up I stick to the the driving-related stuff. So at least there's that.

I would love to sit down and do a massive session, but I knew that would be a sacrifice I'd have to make when I decided to have a kid.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Finished the story after 40 hours, but I'm still less than 70% complete.

Absolutely brilliant world, solid mechanics, decent story and infinitely better than GTA4. Plaudits I can also give to Red Dead Redemption. I also share the same two criticisms though...

1) It's too easy. I have no problem with checkpoints - they make the game more manageable, but for games where cover-shooting is such a common mechanic you'd expect the AI to be better. Everyone will happily wait around for you to pick them off. To contrast, The Last of Us has similar combat but can be brutal at times, because the AI will destroy you for any opening you leave.

2) They play their hand too early...or their hand isn't good enough. Both GTA5 and RDR peak in the middle. After that, the set pieces and new mechanics completely dry-up and you're just left going through the motions. Their fun motions, so that's fine, but it feels like a lazy bait and switch when the grand finale can't match the challenge or excitement of something you did 10 or 15 hours prior.

Aaaanyway. Brilliant game, and I've still got the best sandbox ever made with 30% of the content left untouched. I'm not sure yet if I'll hit it straight away or take a break for Pokemon and stuff. Will see how long it takes before I start missing San Andreas. Definitely up there with Skyrim as the two best open worlds ever created.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I actually like this game. I was really let down by GTA IV. Only thing I wish they would have stuck with the cop system from the original PS2/Xbox games.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm still chipping away at this. It's a weird 100% though...there's plenty of decent content that doesn't count towards it, and some really dull collectible missions that do.

Oh, also, the Online stuff has been an absolute clusterfuck. Dull to begin with, then ruined and abused by glitches. It was something I was really looking forward to but it was just something average, then left broken for over a month.

It's really soured my overall opinion of the game.