Final Fantasy XIII-2 Announced!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Announced!

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:But 10 and 10-2 were both awesome games. Especially 10, my favourite Final Fantasy. :P

It was a tunnel. Not as well-lighted as 13, but a tunnel nonetheless.
That's not really fair. The towns, and certainly the temples did a good job of breaking things up. Also, I only ever played the International version, so all that extra non-linear endgame content was the normal game for me. I know the lack of a world map pissed a lot of people off - but that never made anything any less linear in the world of Final Fantasy.

Not always the case on the world map... There were large portions in FF7 that gave you no clue whatsoever on where to go next, at which time you'd just jump in the Highwind and start searching the world-- either for the next leap in the storyline, or acquiring hidden characters and loot. AKA sidequests.

Not to mention the option to grind your heart out... Which I absolutely require in any RPG.
Hmmm, whenever a game doesn't tell me where to go next I just log onto GameFAQS and find out :wink: But I can't really recall large sections in FF7 where it wasn't clear where to go next. As for sidequests and grinding...again, I played a version of FFX that was full of both. Getting your party ready to beat Penance involved a considerable amount of globetrotting, customizing, grinding etc.
The only two trouble spots in FFVII was finding the Temple of the Ancients and knowing that you are supposed to go to Mideel. Those two are usually the places that messed people up.

As for Final Fantasy X, I will say that it's the only RPG I've ever played where the entire game took me 60 hours from start to finish, but just leveling for one bonus boss fight took me another 60 hours. It was when my son was just weeks old and I was stuck in the house at all hours feeding him and taking care of him, and I just needed a game that I could use one hand to play. Thus my two month leveling fest began. Beating Penance was probably my biggest gaming accomplishment.