E3

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cyphix »

melancholy wrote:I don't understand the speaker. How will that inhance gameplay? I mean, sure, you could make it have a gunshot sound in a FPS, or maybe a tennis racket sound in the tennis game, but...well, it just seems kinda useless.
They mentioned something about hearing the sound on the controller, then on the TV. (Like shooing an arrow, you will hear the swoosh on the controller speaker fade into the TV's speaker.)

Still though, seems kind of awkward to have a speaker on the controller.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

ASCIIN wrote: but yet they get more shelf space than gamecube games but please name 20 of these crappy games on the shelves that go for 1.99 to 9.99

what a bunch of hypocrites you complain about sony using the same ps1 controller over again but yet nintendo just takes a snes and puts anolog sticks on and say its "cool" which could easy said are placed in identical place as they are on the ps controller OMG THEY STOLE THERE IDEA!!! :roll:

sometimes i forget how many nintendo fanboys are here
old sports games. there a billion of them.
snes controller with analog sticks? basicly, yes. but that design's never been attempted, and the analog control and rumble are nintendo's ideas to begin with.
in this case, the point isn't to be innovative-the z button on the n64 can become either the l or r button depending on the game you're playing and the original mappings on the game. the left analog stick can become the camera buttons on the n64. the a,b,y,and x buttons can become the genesis' abc,the snes' button design, or the NESes.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Cyphix wrote:Still though, seems kind of awkward to have a speaker on the controller.
Why? It's not like you have to do anything with it.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

If theres a mic, might as well be a speaker too
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

BlackAura wrote:
Cyphix wrote:Still though, seems kind of awkward to have a speaker on the controller.
Why? It's not like you have to do anything with it.
It's just a feature that I thought would be useless, or impractical.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Cyphix wrote:
melancholy wrote:I don't understand the speaker. How will that inhance gameplay? I mean, sure, you could make it have a gunshot sound in a FPS, or maybe a tennis racket sound in the tennis game, but...well, it just seems kinda useless.
They mentioned something about hearing the sound on the controller, then on the TV. (Like shooing an arrow, you will hear the swoosh on the controller speaker fade into the TV's speaker.)

That speaker thing is simply not going to work for me because of my audio setup, I don't even use the TV speaker anymore because it sounds crap compared to even a normal stereo set with an AUX option to which I connect some simply red and white cables, just like I do with the DC.

About the PS3 and its price:
I can understand to a certain degree about the damn thing costing what it does in the US, however, as a European gamer, we will most likely get ripped off even more than usually. And I will definately NOT pay 600 Euros for the thing. That's about 750 USD... For that price I could buy a US system, have it shipped and save money for a game or two.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Cid Highwind wrote:
Cyphix wrote:

That speaker thing is simply not going to work for me because of my audio setup, I don't even use the TV speaker anymore because it sounds crap compared to even a normal stereo set with an AUX option to which I connect some simply red and white cables, just like I do with the DC.
It's not like its a full size speaker that blasts every sound in the game, it's just to add to the ambiance in the game... adding to surround sound, by putting a tiny speaker right next to you for small little effects.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Well that's exactly what I mean. Now you have to adjust your audio volume so it's perfectly matched to that internal speaker. I don't know about others but I prefer to have the volume of the music upped quite a bit because I like getting a full sound experience. But now that there's this tiny speaker in the controller, I might have to balance the volume, meaning I'd have to lower volume otherwise I won't even hear the controller.

But of course I haven't played the system, so I'll wait and see how it will work, I just hope it will be implemented wisely instead of them using a cheapo thingie. Otherwise it might end up as the VMU screen/beep, which saw a few nice implementations, but for most games it only displayed the logo.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Theres quite a few gameplay possibilities for each person having their own 'buzzer' in their hand, especially in a mario party type game.

Or maybe its nintendos answer to losing your wiimote down the back of the chair - "Where is that thing?" "BZZZZZZZZT" "Oh yeah.."
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

The first thing I thought of was to have it make that lightsaber noise. BZZZZZZ wooooooooooooooooooo.

I'd be in heaven.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Or maybe its nintendos answer to losing your wiimote down the back of the chair - "Where is that thing?" "BZZZZZZZZT" "Oh yeah.."
I hope it doubles as a TV Wiimote. :)
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

This is to asciin. Bashing nintendo for recycling one of their designs for use with CLASSSIC TITLES, yet you don't seem to bash Sony at all for their recycling of the PS control pad for the THIRD time, which is just a SNES control pad with 2 prongs hanging off it anyway. :evil:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Vlame
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Vlame »

Skynet wrote:This is to asciin. Bashing nintendo for recycling one of their designs for use with CLASSSIC TITLES, yet you don't seem to bash Sony at all for their recycling of the PS control pad for the THIRD time, which is just a SNES control pad with 2 prongs hanging off it anyway. :evil:
It's like the best controller was the PSX (DC IMO) everyone copied it.
Sora Aoi, DoB : Nov. 11/83
Three #s : B35 [F Cup]-W23-H33
Ht : 5"1', Wt : She Ain't Telling
Eyes : Brwn, Hair : Brwn
Natural Bust : Disputed, Blood Type : B
Sexual Orientation : Heterosexual, Stage Names : Sola Aoi
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Yeah I would be quite disappointed if this was the big secret they were to reveal about the controller at E3. I guess it is kind of cool, but hardly something that will change how games are played. Big deal, so the controller makes the noise of pulling a reel in when you are fishing in Zelda, or the woosh of an arrow. It's not a bad thing that it's there, but would be a let down for me if that was the big news.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

There was once a mouse made by Logitech with a small speaker included, and by outputting certain frequencies of sound it would vibrate gently in your hand at different frequencies, simulating textures - so you could run your mouse pointer over something and the mouse would feel different.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Or maybe its nintendos answer to losing your wiimote down the back of the chair - "Where is that thing?" "BZZZZZZZZT" "Oh yeah.."
BRILLANT!
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

az_bont wrote:There was once a mouse made by Logitech with a small speaker included, and by outputting certain frequencies of sound it would vibrate gently in your hand at different frequencies, simulating textures - so you could run your mouse pointer over something and the mouse would feel different.
Thats the one that only really had that function used by Black & White if memory serves yes? shame really as it was pretty decent idea
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I watched all 3 conferences and Im the most excited about what MS has in store.

I'm really looking forward to Forza 2, Gears of War, Too Human, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Moto GP 3, Lost Planet, Alan Wake, Dead Rising, Crackdown , Prey, and Saint's Row.

And of course Halo 3 and GTA4 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That Gears of War demo looked amazing, I can't wait to try the game out.

Its a shame nothing was shown for GTA4 though, I'd love to see what it will look like. If it's at least like Saint's Row then I'd be happy.

That camera seems neat too. It'll be cool when people start putting up pics of themselves on their gamercards. It would be so awesome if some games start incorporating video feeds into them too, like an online GRAW type game where you'd see the other guy on the crosscom.

MS also put up a bunch of trailers and a few demos from E3 on XBL Marketplace so it was cool to check out. The low-res stream of the Halo 3 teaser I saw didn't do it justice, go see it in HD :D
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I thought Nintendo did pretty well too. Seeing the Wii in action was nice, it cleared up a lot of questions I had about it. That tennis game looked fun, and I can't wait to play Red Steel. The racing game Nintendo showed off didn't impress me though, the steering method looked awkward and the guy demoing it looked to have had trouble with it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I didnt understand that racing game either. "Remember how you used to move the controller like handlebars when playing Excite Bike? (actually no) ...well now you can do that with Excite Truck" Wouldve made a lot more sense to be an Excite Bike sequel to me.