Dream On Feedback Topic

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darksaviour69
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Darksaviour69 »

JohnnyB wrote:Dude just take the money and leave. Are you hoping to scam people out of money for the second nonexistent issue or something?
since he has offered the second issue for free to the first issue preorders ( and is still offering refunds for the first issue), i think you should STFU ;P

also i think it would be really helpfull the everyone should say if they have preordered before they post, because i am sick of fcuknuts that never ordered the mag posting crap.

(i preordered the mag ;) )
Gamegeezer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Gamegeezer »

I preordered and honestly forgot about it since it has been so long. I've been following the emulation scene and this site for probably 10 years and I've seen other people have great plans and then have some part of it fall apart. In think past internet sales efforts of by developers and others have made people skeptical and often hurtful (propeller arena and others).

I think Metafox had the best of intentions in pursuing this project and I actually believe what he's saying about his real life problems.

There is a lesson that should be learned here though, especially if you are going to run a business of your own. If you make a commitment to your customers you need to follow up on your commitment once you make it even if you need to beg, borrow, and steal. Selling things here is kind of like selling stuff to your family. People will be forgiving regardless of the circumstances and will not judge you. In your "real" business you could lose your reputation and your business over similar dealing. Trust or at least the perception of trust is important.

I'm not flaming you though. I've been reading this forum almost since its inception and do respect your ability as an idea person and cheerleader for this scene. Just make sure that if you try to implement your ideas you follow through...or hire someone else you trust who will and get back to developing ideas.

I don't want a refund and look forward to seeing the finished product.
Gamegeezer

Young enough to play, old enough to geeze
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Okay guys, Meta posted his okay on releasing the Sandman as a public download at DCEvolution's DreamCon forums.

That means I will upload my current version to the DCEvolution server tonite so the staff could beta test the thing.

It won't be called Sandman anymore, as it most likely won't represent the final disc that will accompany the magazine. It will have a different menu theme, it will use a different menu system, it will have a different name, and some content will be changed (which is what I'll be working on right now).

I will do my best to get the release including covers done and out by the weekend so stay tuned. :)
Insane homebrew collector.
Christuserloeser

I uploaded the latest DreamInducer version to our server for the staff for testing... but I got an alternative version waiting for some tiny modifications that should be what we will release soon :)

The only modifications it needs is that Meta and me agreed that it shouldn't be called 'Sandman' so I have to get rid of the logo on menu & covers and call it something different...
Christuserloeser

Yay for triple posts ! :lol:
Christuserloeser wrote:...and call it something different...
Atm, I am thinking of calling it 'The Swirl' or 'Dreamcast 2006' or 'The Cast'. If anyone got a better idea or a favorite please post ;)

I had a quick look at this topic for a name:
http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52634

...maybe you find something you like there ? - or something that inpires you for a different name ?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Obvious suggestion: SwirlCast?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Swirl makes me think of that game )()(

DigiCast
Christuserloeser

Thanks for your ideas :) I think I settled with the name MetaFox came up with: Sweet Dreams :)
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

Sorry for the Off-topic, but it would be nice to have news of the Dream On Contest 3.
Please, Metafox, if you read this, can you just give us some feedback (namely perhaps you had to cancel it, or you had to postpon the results...) ? Thanks.
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Sorry for the Off-topic, but it would be nice to have news of the Dream On Contest 3.
Well, the original topic is here.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

Fragger wrote: Well, the original topic is here.
I'm really sorry, I just saw that Metafox was present in this topic, and as he doesn't answer my PM, he doesn't answer in the right topic, I thought that he could just see this and give some little feedbacks.

Sorry again for the Off-topic
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

No problem patbier :wink:.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Updates at all?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Yep. I'll give an update of everything now:

I have added some stuff to issue #1 to make it up to date. It is now ready to be printed as soon as I get the money to do it.

DCEvolution is finishing up Sweet Dreams, which will be a preview of the Sandman demo disc that will be available for free. It's just a sampling - the pressed disc will contain more, and will use a menu system I've dubbed Sandmenu rather than DreamInducer.

The Sandman demo disc still needs to be finalized. There are a few additions to it that weren't going to be on the disc originally. The extra time has allowed the disc to be more stylized and original as well as contain more content than before.

I'm currently working on Dream On issue #2. As I promised before, this will be sent to everyone who preordered for free. I don't know yet if this will be included with issue #1 or sent out seperately.

I can't give any estimates as to when this will be released, as I don't want to disappoint anyone again. It all comes down to when the money I'm expecting comes in.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Screenshots?
Christuserloeser

something dumb for awhile wrote:DCEvolution is finishing up Sweet Dreams, which will be a preview of the Sandman demo disc that will be available for free.
Well, I have it finished since a while, just needed to redo the menus & covers with a 'Sweet Dreams' logo. We were discussing to add some more games that initially didn't make it to the Sandman - but I am sure that these could still be added to future updates of Sweet Dreams.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

fackue wrote:Screenshots?
I'm not going to release any screenshots for Sweet Dreams, as that's mainly Christuserloeser's work.

I'll leave it up to him if he wants to release some.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

What happened to the pictures of the magazine that you promised to post a few weeks ago?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Quzar wrote:What happened to the pictures of the magazine that you promised to post a few weeks ago?
That's what I meant I didn't want screenshots of Sweet Dreams.
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

there were some i think in this thread....