Gameboy Micro

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

i have an original gba, and if i would have the option i would get an afterburner, since i think the sp is a bit costly

but before the sp launch i wasnt so mod-minded and wouldnt risk it, and by now AB's are impossible to find
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

The PStwo over heating is BS. It's not an issue.
Very sexy hero, omg
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

DrFreeze wrote:i have an original gba, and if i would have the option i would get an afterburner, since i think the sp is a bit costly

but before the sp launch i wasnt so mod-minded and wouldnt risk it, and by now AB's are impossible to find
My GBA has the AB mod. I almost did it perfectly except that I let dust get inside. That was a huge factor for me buying the SP.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

einbebop44 wrote:The PStwo over heating is BS. It's not an issue.
Is true, mine gets hot, but it doesnt stop its ability to read discs or cause random crashes.
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

I've never owned a GameBoy of any type, but the smallness of this one would give me a reason to finally buy one (I've always wanted a GBA since the homebrew games started popping up).

This would be the perfect excuse to buy one. I'm sure that would fall in the same reason for a lot of people too.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

For me it will be the smallest NES ever.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Unless we burned NDC SE to a minidisk when you finish it. Now get back to work, toby!

Umm, I would buy one if it came with a flash cart. I am in the market for one right now.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Ya know, after I thought about it, I find it quite amusing how Nintendo is always bunking the trend. I mean, look at the PSP. It has the largest screen on a portable ever, almost twice the size of the DS's screen. So how does Nintendo combat it? It releases the smallest freaking portable ever. Nintendo isn't following the crowd, it's full-on battling it. Can any other game company say that?
lynx44
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lynx44 »

Gmc wrote:
Is true, mine gets hot, but it doesnt stop its ability to read discs or cause random crashes.
I don't know, I have a friend with a PSTwo that I was playing somewhat extensively (maybe 4 hours straight) and it was having a lot of problems loading discs on NBA Street Vol. 3. Even just searching through players had quite a delay. It was standing on its side if that makes any difference. I don't know if it was a heat issue or just a bad PSTwo, but I've never had problems with my V4 (old style) like that.

I'm sure not all of them have problems, and again it could just be a faulty system, but it was definitely having problems that weren't part of normal gameplay.

-Matt
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

lynx44 wrote:
Gmc wrote:
I don't know, I have a friend with a PSTwo that I was playing somewhat extensively (maybe 4 hours straight) and it was having a lot of problems loading discs on NBA Street Vol. 3. Even just searching through players had quite a delay. It was standing on its side if that makes any difference. I don't know if it was a heat issue or just a bad PSTwo, but I've never had problems with my V4 (old style) like that.

I'm sure not all of them have problems, and again it could just be a faulty system, but it was definitely having problems that weren't part of normal gameplay.

-Matt
Can we have one week where this arguement doesn't appear in any topic? Some overheat and some don't. End of story.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I played FFX last night for 4 hours straight, and I've had no problems whatsoever with my small PS2. Mine must be magical :o
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

melancholy wrote:Ya know, after I thought about it, I find it quite amusing how Nintendo is always bunking the trend. I mean, look at the PSP. It has the largest screen on a portable ever, almost twice the size of the DS's screen. So how does Nintendo combat it? It releases the smallest freaking portable ever. Nintendo isn't following the crowd, it's full-on battling it. Can any other game company say that?
The GBA micro has nothing to do with the PSP, it's to keep people interested in GBA games.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Raijin Z wrote:
melancholy wrote:Ya know, after I thought about it, I find it quite amusing how Nintendo is always bunking the trend. I mean, look at the PSP. It has the largest screen on a portable ever, almost twice the size of the DS's screen. So how does Nintendo combat it? It releases the smallest freaking portable ever. Nintendo isn't following the crowd, it's full-on battling it. Can any other game company say that?
The GBA micro has nothing to do with the PSP, it's to keep people interested in GBA games.
Sure, sure, it was made to keep interest in GBA, but I'll bet it's fall release is not a coincidence. This will be Nintendo's first year having a rival portable fighting for Chirstmas dollars. So if Nintendo releases another handheld that's atractive to kids and probably cost efficient, it will definately steal a chunk of PSP's gift appeal.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Oh, no kidding. A cheap, cute GBA? Stocking stuffer for every affluent caucasian youth from Boston to San Dimas.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I guess my PS2 is magical as well, having left it on 5 days straight playing a DVD and 1 day straight playing God of War (in game, progressive scan), with it barely being warm.
Very sexy hero, omg
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Just bumped to say that Ninty says:

Adjustable Brightness

Out this fall