Revenge of the Sith

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Yonke »

Butters wrote:I find it so strange that Vader never found Kenobi since they were so close to each other that they could feel where each other was and if the other was in danger.
maybe they brocke the link the use to have when Anakin make the step to the darkside................
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Yonke wrote:
Butters wrote:I find it so strange that Vader never found Kenobi since they were so close to each other that they could feel where each other was and if the other was in danger.
maybe they brocke the link the use to have when Anakin make the step to the darkside................
It's not like you can just tell someone is on another planet all the way on the other side of the galaxy through the force. Sure you can feel people accross humongous distances, but only if the 'aura' is compouned, like the death of billions on Alderaan. Anakin/Vader can still feel Kenobi, but only when he is relatively close, like on the Deathstar, which, keep in mind, was about the size of a small moon. So they can still feel eachother across fairly large distances.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

But in the film theyre on differant planets & can sense each other when in trouble, add to this Yoda sensed what was going on with a lot of the Jedi near the end as well. And seriously Vader has family on Tatooine, surely he'd look for his kid & thats a damn good place to start yes? especially with the strength Luke has in the force. Once again Lucas has choked when it comes to delivering the goods
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

However, as far as Vader knows Luke died with Padme, and since luke isn't trained in the force, and they never formally met there is no reason why Vader should sense/look for Luke. Also as for him sensing Obiwan - They can sense when there in danger - Obiwan is not in any danger on Tatooine. The only thing that really doesn't make sense is that Obiwan was there when Padme delivered, but yet when Luke leaves Dagobah he says to Yoda that Luke is their last hope, then Yoda says "there is another".

My guess for him not knowing is that he may have thought Leia was on Alderaan when it blew up.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Or he didnt know Leia was also strong in the force, Yoda is stronger than Ben & we know he sometimes see's the future. As for vader not knowing if his child died or not he said he couldnt see that so surely he'd want to find out, I sure as hell would, at the very least not doing so means abandoning all hope of an heir

Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Ah, but the Emperor can be quite persuasive :wink:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

When I re-watched ESB just the other night, i pondered that quote 'there is another' and thought it makes a LOT more sense if it were to mean that vader was still not a lost cause. Not that there is another person per se, but that there is another hope.

Also, obiwan saw leia on the death star. even if he didnt know who she was, he had been watching over luke (if not how would he know when to tell him to run, or when to tell him that he had to use the foce) and most definetly knew about leia.

as for vader, my assumption is that he wanted to have luke as his apprentice to overthrow the emperor the entire time. given that it would probably be impossible to hide him from the emperor if he found him for enough time for him to be trained properly, i would think he would only start looking around when luke would be 16 or so. Had he found him prior, the emperor could have either had him killed, or had luke become HIS apprentice to replace vader.

The basic theory from this comes from the graphic novel "Vader's Quest" which takes place directly after the battle of yavin where vader learns that it was luke who blew up the death star and hides that fact from the emperor.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I hated this movie. Knowing Anakin is vader destroys the movie there isnt any suspense.We all knew how it would end.
Knowing the ending doesn't necessarily preclude suspense or interest in a well-written story. For example in Babylon 5 we are shown rather early on that the Shadows come to Centauri Prime and that G'Kar kills Londo. The interesting things are their causes and consequences and the motives of the people surrounding these events. And there are countless stories that are told "ending first" presenting some intriguing state or event, and then the story of how it came to pass is told.

Of course, not having seen it, I have no solid idea whether RotS is well-written in this regard.
My guess for him not knowing is that he may have thought Leia was on Alderaan when it blew up.
Maybe he simply never considered Leia as having the potential. I've never really dipped into the extended universe, but from the little bit I've heard/read it sounded like Leia's command of the Force was never especially strong. Even if it's true, though, maybe this is just due to lack of proper training.
as for vader, my assumption is that he wanted to have luke as his apprentice to overthrow the emperor the entire time.
Well, he explicitly told Luke that was his plan in ESB, and as long as the Sith "master and apprentice" tradition stands, a power struggle is inevitable, so he may as well side with his son and become the master rather than stay apprentice to a guy who was essentially a very successful politician. Also, his superiority complex could very well have survived his transformation (which is another angle on his proclamation that "now I am the master", though this could easily be reading into it something that isn't there, or just a clever meshing of the themes by Lucas), and he probably resented being subordinate to Palpatine the whole time.
the emperor could have [...] had luke become HIS apprentice to replace vader.
I think he pretty clearly says that this is his intent during the final Luke-Vader duel.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
as for vader, my assumption is that he wanted to have luke as his apprentice to overthrow the emperor the entire time.
Well, he explicitly told Luke that was his plan in ESB, and as long as the Sith "master and apprentice" tradition stands, a power struggle is inevitable, so he may as well side with his son and become the master rather than stay apprentice to a guy who was essentially a very successful politician. Also, his superiority complex could very well have survived his transformation (which is another angle on his proclamation that "now I am the master", though this could easily be reading into it something that isn't there, or just a clever meshing of the themes by Lucas), and he probably resented being subordinate to Palpatine the whole time.
the emperor could have [...] had luke become HIS apprentice to replace vader.
I think he pretty clearly says that this is his intent during the final Luke-Vader duel.
what i was referring to with both of those statements was in the whole time since luke was born. The movies really have no proof of premedition beyond themselves. when i said those two things i meant to say them as that the fact that luke was never found was purposefully done in order to facilitate the first, and prevent the second from happening.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I loved it.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I just seen it today. Going on a Monday at 3:00 in the afternoon was a great idea. There were only about 8 people in the theater total. Much better than my friends, who went to the midnight showing and ended up not sitting together since the place was packed.

Anyway, this movie was a lot like the other two; lots of eye candy, but doesn't really feel like Star Wars. That, and the script was pretty bad in parts. It was almost painful to watch the first 15 minutes of the movie. Those actors did the best they could with what they had, but George wasn't doing them any favors with that script. I also love how they answered all of the plot holes brought up in Clerks by tacking them on in the last 2 minutes of the movie. :lol:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

melancholy wrote:I also love how they answered all of the plot holes brought up in Clerks by tacking them on in the last 2 minutes of the movie. :lol:
which? i only remember the independent contractors on the death star thing.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by ASCIIN »

lol the funniest thing happened at work today:
well i work at bk so we have those starwars toys, so this guy comes in and i take his order and hes waiting, then this woman comes in asking what new starwars toys we got in, i told her they change every week and she was dissapointed and leaves, so the guy says "jesus, those people who collect that starwars crap need to get a life." :lol:

CLASSIC
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

I watched this yesterday. It's probably #2 on my list, between ESB and ROTJ.

(*spoilers*)

The scene at the beginning in which ObiWan and Anakin storm the ship to save the chancellor - that just seemed too outlandish. Perhaps after I watch the Clone Wars series (just bought Vol 1, waiting for the rest) I'll feel differently. The introduction of Gen. Grievus seems too sudden.

The Anakin/Kenobi climax was pretty gut-wrenching. Probably the most well executed part of the film.

Yoda now looks like he does in the original series, unlike "teen Yoda" shown in TPM. Perhaps his visible aging is induced by the burden of the events of Ep 2-3?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

impetus wrote:(*spoilers*)

Yoda now looks like he does in the original series, unlike "teen Yoda" shown in TPM. Perhaps his visible aging is induced by the burden of the events of Ep 2-3?
I thought it was funny how after he fell those like... 4 floors he stood up and had the hunchback that he did in esb. Also, yoda had fought sith before and lived through the greatest tragedy of the jedi prior to their extinction (the crash of the chu'unthor), so it could simply be that he had been reaching the old age of his species.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

quzar wrote:
melancholy wrote:I also love how they answered all of the plot holes brought up in Clerks by tacking them on in the last 2 minutes of the movie. :lol:
Er...I meant the animated series, ya know, where he calls George to the witness stand and brings up things like the droids not remembering Obi Wan, or how he was trained by Qui Gon, but he tells Luke that he was trained by Yoda. In about the last scene of the movie, they just tack it on with Yoda saying something like "I've got training for you" and then they send the droids away to get their memories erased. I don't know, it just seemed like George finished the movie, and then though "Oh crap, I forgot to fix that!"
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Ex-Cyber wrote:Maybe he simply never considered Leia as having the potential. I've never really dipped into the extended universe, but from the little bit I've heard/read it sounded like Leia's command of the Force was never especially strong. Even if it's true, though, maybe this is just due to lack of proper training.
Ah but Leia is force sensitive and has the potential to be very strong in the force - as they wouldn't have as much reason to split up the kids if they weren't both in "danger". Not to mention that if Bail Organa and his wife wanted the boy instead of the girl ep 4-6 would be more focused around Leia.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

& she does get proper training, though she isnt the strongest in her family in the ways of the force of course

Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

melancholy wrote:
quzar wrote:
Er...I meant the animated series, ya know, where he calls George to the witness stand and brings up things like the droids not remembering Obi Wan, or how he was trained by Qui Gon, but he tells Luke that he was trained by Yoda. In about the last scene of the movie, they just tack it on with Yoda saying something like "I've got training for you" and then they send the droids away to get their memories erased. I don't know, it just seemed like George finished the movie, and then though "Oh crap, I forgot to fix that!"
ah, i forgot about that. either way the memory wipe is still up for grabs because if their memories had been wiped, they would not have had personalities by ANH( lack of memory wipes are what causes that) and, the droids TV show, which takes place during the empire yet before ANH has them going on adventures while not in the service of captain antilles, and with memories prior to the empire. It is also stated in the marvel comics and newspaper comic serieses (two more things that I don't consider to even be EU) that they had not had memory wipes in man many years.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Hawq wrote:& she does get proper training, though she isnt the strongest in her family in the ways of the force of course
and she's not half bad with a lightsaber(Splinter of the Mind's Eye)