Sailor Moon

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

Excuse me if I missed something there, but why is it so important to release the mods on the 10th ? Imo, a major project like this (three Sailor Moon mods at once) deserve the time they need ! Considering the DC scene will stay around for a long time, there's no need to rush anything.
In my expierence, the final ten percent of a project need like 90% of the time. Think of beta testing, fixing wrong offsets, bboxes, checking enemy balance, adding the final touches, etc.
Insane homebrew collector.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
Has thanked: 0

Post by kungpow12345 »

Actually, October 22nd doesn't sound too bad. That would give me all the time i need to finish three of the games (and gives me a chance to practice on actually beating the first Sailor Moon game on snes)

The first two aren't so bad but...It'll especially give me time to finish up DR for sure. Also, the Sailor Moon Games Project has a new home: http://www.smgames.sailor-games.com/ (still wip)

...expect to see more goodness later :)
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

kungpow12345 wrote:Actually, October 22nd doesn't sound too bad.
Sailor Venus it is then. :lol:
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
Christuserloeser

Nice site, Kungpow :D
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

80 frames!!!! that's what's left of the cinematics...

and dave, once again i'm having actress' issues so I'm trying to get my cinematic artists to do double and be the missing parts...or at least find people that could voice.

...I don't know how we're going to get out of this one alive. At least the remakes aren't that bad.. :lol:
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

kungpow12345 wrote:and dave, once again i'm having actress' issues so I'm trying to get my cinematic artists to do double and be the missing parts...or at least find people that could voice.
Told you it's the biggest pain in the ass. I may have been delayed with getting you the Sailor Jupiter clips but at least I got the talent in place a long time ago. :lol: Just remember...

1. Make sure there is no ambient (background) noise - TV's, phones, radio, etc. Also make sure windows are closed if present to prevent sound pollution showing up on the recordings.

2. Make sure you're not swallowing the microphone which leads to sharp pits in the recording. Do some test recordings to get an idea of the ideal position of your mouth to the mic in which you are recorded at a good even level.

3. BE COMFORTABLE when recording. For instance in my three years of tech radio I did it all while standing, I simply could not sit behind a desk when on the air - same thing with animation and film dubbing. If you take a look at most high level VO productions you'll see that usually everyone is standing. Find the position you are most comfortable at and work from there.

4. Have fun - ridgid VO work shows. Loosen up and do the lines. Wink
Christuserloeser

Those are very good hints InsaneDavid :D

Kungpow, AIM me the finished recordings and I'll have a look at mastering them. :wink:
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I've decided that since some of my key artists are coming back in 2 weeks after their transition into college and are doing other things, I'm going to take a break and "lessen" the load on me as far as what I do on Destiny Revival for a while.

I will, however, work on the Sailor Moon and Sailor Moon R remakes and figure out a good strategy of beating Sailor Moon to rip the sprites for the rest of the game. :D GameFaqs gave me some good tips on moves I never even knew about! ...so hopefully that'll help me.

...one question for you guys, in Sailor Moon R, there's a Chibi-usa mode of ...you guessed it Chibi-usa and she isn't in her sailor form, should that still be included or no?

Edit: I BEAT SAILOR MOON! Now I can definitely see that this game is indeed even harder than most beat em ups...I can't believe I beat it. :D Now hopefully I can go back with more confidence and beat it a few more times or at least get a few good "spurts" every now and then...just as long as I can beat it again. :) I wish there was a hack that gave me infinite lives...
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Happy 6 year Dreamcast US release anniversary everyone!
SSJMihoshi
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SSJMihoshi »

Hey, Kungpow finally gave me the link to this site! Hey everybody, I am SSJMihoshi, or Mihoshi for short. ::bows:: Currently one of the people helping with cinematics for the game. I'm pretty good with various oekaki programs, but Kungpow seems to think I'm some kind of Sailor Moon goddess or something. ^^;

Like he said, I'm currently trying to transition into my first year of college. We drive up Tuesday, and classes start the 21st. Hopefully my schedule won't be too hectic. But for this game, I'll make time if I have to.

If you guys wanna see some art samples, feel free to visit my DA account, just click on the WWW button down there. There's also some game cinematics in my gallery for anyone who's patient enough to look. ~_^
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

SSJMihoshi wrote:Hey, Kungpow finally gave me the link to this site! Hey everybody, I am SSJMihoshi, or Mihoshi for short...

...There's also some game cinematics in my gallery for anyone who's patient enough to look. ~_^
Those are looking very nice! Just an important note (hopefully an easy fix at this point) - Sailor Jupiter / Makoto's eyes are GREEN and Sailor Mars / Rei's eyes are RED. I'm not nitpicking at your art or anything, just doing what I've been since the start of the mod, accuracy check. Believe me you don't want to piss off the moonie fanbase. :roll: These two things are very important in the cenematics, it's the originality / accuracy balance. Also make sure not to leave out Sailor Jupiter / Makoto's long ass flailing sideburns from scene to scene, again, just an accuracy check. :wink: I don't mean to sound like an A*hole or anything. :lol:

In other news I'm thinking of changing some things and making the BASIS (not the scripting or flowcharts, those took YEARS) of that hentai game / dating sim that I was working on that got abandoned years ago public. I've been talking to a couple of the programmers that were part of the project and they're thinking about seeing if it could be ported to a console environment. Has there been anything out there close to a homebrew Dreamcast dating sim that I haven't come across? Cyanide High may yet live.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

...Don't worry I've told her that myself when she's done the game renders. I don't really need anyone else fussing at us ...or just telling us :? telling us which way something is. Believe me, I already get enough from genvid. They nitpick about every tiny little detail. We're talking down to the danged pixel.

...and good luck with that project. I hope it does come back.
Xenox
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Xenox »

it looks like I miss out a lot in bor scenes or maybe not but because of my busy schedule going in to this year and the next i wont be able mod. but kunpow this mod is looking good just wishing u best of luck :) and sorry if i cant do wat u ask me long ago for this mod since i'm away busy. okay catch u later BYE!!!!!
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Hey it's alright man. I know exactly what you're going through. I really want Sailor Moon to be good so that's why I'm taking so long on it. Plus, I'm releasing two remakes at the same time so 3 complete mods at once. That's saying that Sailor Moon is here to stay :mrgreen: You guys will definitely see that this mod isn't just the usual "slap-it-together" remake mod. This is about as original as you can get with all of the additions and things I'm doing. :lol:
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Yeah I'm double posting...but this is important! :)

:lol: Hey!!! I'm back! ...somewhat. Here's where I stand on the "now" 3 projects:

Sailor Moon: Ripped all of the remaining backgrounds today and looking very good. (I beat SM again on VBA...man it's like i'm making the game look easy now) Should be adding in the translated text for the ending some time this weekend and it's looking likely that in 2 weeks, this game will be ready for release! ...after I rearrange some music and things.

Sailor Moon R:All of the backgrounds are now in-game and the only person I have to do anything with is Prince Diamond. Once he's done, I just have to rip the ending and then add the stage tags. I'm also thinking of adding something special to this edition to the game and if you guys like it, I'll carry the idea on and do similar "additions" to the later releases. Not much left at all to do on this one. Minor fixes if anything...

...and just to let you know, there will be a Chibi Mode in SMR, but it won't be the same ole "I'm a tiny Chibi" :D

...plus a lot of fans gets their wish as another key member of the sailor team gets to be a hidden character but I won't say who but if you think hard, you can probably figure it out...

Destiny Revival: Still working on the cinematics, but game element wise, there's not much left to do. Just a few minor things to take care of, so we're looking very good for the next "window deadline"...

...when's the window deadline? Ok here it is:

OCTOBER 29th :D (Sailor Pluto's Birthday...catchy huh?)

I will not be prolonging these projects any more than I am right now and I will not delay Destiny Revival any longer either. I'm very confident that we'll make this deadline and if we do finish earlier, then we'll release on October the 22nd, Sailor Venus' birthday.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Just wanted to show you guys something...

This is the Sailor Moon R remake being "emulated" with an PSP Emulator! I wish I had a PSP so I can show you guys that it'll work on actual hardware but any "original" bor mod or homebrew will work on this emulator as well. :D
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Looking good. :)
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

NEW SCREENSHOTS! :lol:

Sailor Moon Remake

Sailor Moon R Remake

I would show another pic from SMR, but it'd ruin the surprise I have for you guys :wink:
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

Beautiful!! Beautiful!!!! :D
Keep up the good work! :D

Gt.
Jesus Saves...
And passes to Moises...
HE SHOOTS AND...
GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
Mrgrill247
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mrgrill247 »

kungpow12345, Your Sailor Moon mods looks very nice. Its inspired me so much that I have been watching "Sailor Moon Season 1 Uncut", just to know the story plot and characters. On top of that, I even purchased the Sailor Moon Playstation 1 fighting game.

Are you currently using the Japanese voices or the American voices? :D

I cannot wait to play this game :D