Beats of rage version 1.0028 for Dreamcast version download

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by popley »

Each time i try to make my own spirits or even change theirs a little bit i have a big pink square around them in the game. I'm really new a this but would like to make my own mod could someone give me a poduct that would help me out with this. I have tried nerorageX but couldn't get the progarm to load at all. any help would be great.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

the reason is b/c of transparencies, you have to set the backgrounds of the sprites to a transparent color. some people use that pink color, but those people have already established the transparent color as that pink.

what program are you using? tell me that and maybe I can help on how to establish the transparent color.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

curt_grymala wrote:
rastaman33 wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:If you download the plain files, where do you put the "BOR.pak" file before you burn it?
in the same dir as the 1st_read.bin
The same directory as the 1st_read.bin, or the root directory of the CD? I am planning on making an SBI of the plain files, but I am not including the BOR.pak file with the archive (I have had a request for something simple like that). I need to know whether the BOR.pak file should go in the "Games" directory, which is where I am going to place the bin file, or if it needs to go in the Inducer directory (the root of the CD).
It goes in the CD root. I burned it to a DreamHakker swap disc with the BIN in a separate directory and the BOR.PAK in the root and that worked. Perhaps putting it in the same directory as the BIN would also work, but I can't confirm that.

Is there really no SBI yet? I've been pointing people to sbiffy all this time just assuming it was there. Oops.

...word is bondage...
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

I am using photo shop 7.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

can i make my own BOR.PAK and use 1st_read.bin from BOR and make it selfboot?
or wont it work? im thinking on making a simpson game.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Sweater Fish wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:
rastaman33 wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:If you download the plain files, where do you put the "BOR.pak" file before you burn it?
in the same dir as the 1st_read.bin
The same directory as the 1st_read.bin, or the root directory of the CD? I am planning on making an SBI of the plain files, but I am not including the BOR.pak file with the archive (I have had a request for something simple like that). I need to know whether the BOR.pak file should go in the "Games" directory, which is where I am going to place the bin file, or if it needs to go in the Inducer directory (the root of the CD).
It goes in the CD root. I burned it to a DreamHakker swap disc with the BIN in a separate directory and the BOR.PAK in the root and that worked. Perhaps putting it in the same directory as the BIN would also work, but I can't confirm that.

Is there really no SBI yet? I've been pointing people to sbiffy all this time just assuming it was there. Oops.

...word is bondage...
AFAIK, there has not been an SBI made publicly available, yet. I am getting ready to create an SBI of the game and upload it to my site, but my SBI will not include the pak file at the moment. I am going to, however, create a readme telling users to place it in the Inducer directory. Maybe, once I get back to my office (where I have DSL), I will upload a version that includes the pak file. For now, though, at least this should make it possible for SBI users to add Beats of Rage to their projects.

EDIT - Scratch that. I just created both SBI's, and the one with the Pak file included is almost 55 megabytes. I wouldn't be able to host that anywhere. Oh well. Anyway, the SBI of the "pak-less" version is available from my web site. Here is the info from my site:
This is an SBI of "Beats of Rage". This SBI does not include the "BOR.pak" file that is needed in order to play the game. You will need to download that file and add it to your project on your own. I wish I could tell you where you could download that file, but I have had trouble finding it myself. You need the pak file from version 1.0024 or later. I downloaded the PC version of Beats of Rage from <a href="http://senile.mine.nu/beatsofrage/">htt ... ofrage/</a>, which includes "BOR.pak", but it is version 1.0029 (created after this port was created), and I have not tested it to see if it works, yet.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

rastaman33 wrote:can i make my own BOR.PAK and use 1st_read.bin from BOR and make it selfboot?
or wont it work? im thinking on making a simpson game.
Yeah, that'll work fine. Just make sure the new file you make is still called BOR.PAK and that otherwise you follow the rules in the edit pack you get from Senile's site.

And, Curt, the PAK from v1.0029 will work fine with the Dreamcast BIN. Anything 1.0024 or above will officially work and I think someone in this thread sai they were even using 1.0010 or something, so it looks like any BOR.PAK will probably work. All the PAKs contain are the graphics and sound files, no code, so it makes sense that any one would work. All the actual game code is in the BIN file (or EXE for the DOS version) so the PAK file isn't even changed in most versions.

If you have the Dreamcast 1ST_READ.BIN and only need the PAK but don't want to get it from Team Senile's site because it's stoo slow, just try searching Google for "Beats Of Rage." There's a number of sites that have it. I got mine (v1.0024) form some Polish site.

...word is bondage...
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Does anyone know where the following songs are from?

Boss Music ( I know this is from Street of Rage 1 but the quality is MUCH better and as far as I know there is no remixed or arranged soundtrack for the game)

The second stage music, I forgot the title but I really like this song. Was this done by a fan or what?
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Check it out, someone's already selling it on eBay as Streets of Rage 4 :evil:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3075462144
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Looks like he might have got ripped off himself. Oops...

I think it might be a good idea to use BitTorrent to distribute the PAK file, and then have different versions of the binary (SBI, scrambled/unscrambled BIN, whatever) downloadable separately.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

There's a SoR2 sound track that's rare, I think he's using the remix boss music from that.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

Hey guys you know the post i made about a SOR for the DC >>>HERE<<<

Well when i posted that i went looking for some SOR remix tunes on the web and found a excellent site called Overclocked Remixes that remix video game music.

I found an excellent section on SOR2 and one tune that i was impressed with was that someone madea SOR2 tune with the SID chip from the Commodore 64 and it sounds pretty amazing considering that technology is well over 25 years old now.

Check it out >>>HERE<<<

>>>THIS<<< Site has tons of VG tunes remixed Shadow of the Beast 2 remix is good also.

Have a look.
Regards.

CyberMick.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Yeah I've known about overclocked for more than a year, it kicks ass.

As for the Streets of Rage soundtrack, I only found info on a soundtrack for part 2
http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundtrac ... 01062.html

The boss music for part 2 is completely different though.

Oh, I did a search for the second stage music after playing the game again. The song is by VNV Nation. They have several albums which I just may get if the rest of the music is just as good.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

i'm downloading the game right now is any other way to burn it besides nero and dj my laptop has a cdrw/dvd drive and nero doesn't like those is there any other way i can burn it? any tuturials or advice?
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

For some reason, BOR doesn't recognize third-party controllers. My 2nd controller is a third-party one (i.e. Not an official SEGA controller) that came bundled with Ecco when I bought it. Anyone else experience this problem? Can I fix it?
mozie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mozie »

Hi all, ive just completed the first level in my mod, and its working fine on my PC but when i tried it on my DC (i burned the bor.pak using the bor .sbi) it wont load, i just get a blank screen, maybe iam trying to load to much into memory but i was just wondering how i check this.
i also tried just burning the bor.pak that comes with the editor, but its still the same, is this too big also. any help would be appreciated.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

No Your doing some thing Wrong the Bor.pak that comes with the Editor loads fine for me and so does my first level of the TMNT mod im doing make sure you

Delete the Bor.pak that comes with it and put the bor.pak you make renaming it to the same name you delete and it works fine as rain.

If thats not working for you maybe it's Dream-inducer this game is not made with kos after and Might have some bugs working with a SBI and kos loader Really dont know why your having problems Im not at all.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

CyberMick wrote:Hey guys you know the post i made about a SOR for the DC >>>HERE<<<

Well when i posted that i went looking for some SOR remix tunes on the web and found a excellent site called Overclocked Remixes that remix video game music.

I found an excellent section on SOR2 and one tune that i was impressed with was that someone madea SOR2 tune with the SID chip from the Commodore 64 and it sounds pretty amazing considering that technology is well over 25 years old now.

Check it out >>>HERE<<<

>>>THIS<<< Site has tons of VG tunes remixed Shadow of the Beast 2 remix is good also.

Have a look.
Yes the c64 has some of the best tunes known to man still does Wack out dreamfrodo and play some games one day. Sound on that emulator is really good most games have great tunes. Far better then any system at the time. Music was more importain then the games to me.
Dreamcast forever!!!
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

[quote="JuniorCrb"]i'm downloading the game right now is any other way to burn it besides nero and dj my laptop has a cdrw/dvd drive and nero doesn't like those is there any other way i can burn it? any tuturials or advice?[/quote]

oops I forgot to say please....could anyone please help?

thank you
mozie
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mozie »

How should i burn it without using the .sbi