THE MORROWIND THREAD

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Gmc wrote:My charcters like lv17/18 now, maxed out Strength and Long blade mastery, and almost maxed out Axe mastery. I havent done any of the quests for a while though, I just like going about exploring and killing stuff :mrgreen:
Same here. I'm either clearing out the country side, Exploring dungeons, Or murdering the happy citizens of Balmora. (Or Suran. They're very similar and no one reports crimes in Suran for some reason O_o )
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I found a way to get that 17000g sword without getting caught. Go in there and get the guard to face the wall away from the chest. Then go around him to the bed area and go into sneak mode. Walk as close to the chest as you can get without being seen. Now you will notice you can' see that sword, so release sneak mode and jump. When you jump you will have about 1/2 a second where you can grab the sword. While in mid-air hit A button as just the right time and the sword is yours. You can also loot the cabinet of about 200 some gold.

I know sometimes they call you by classname. But my classname is redguard, not %classname lol.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote:I found a way to get that 17000g sword without getting caught. Go in there and get the guard to face the wall away from the chest. Then go around him to the bed area and go into sneak mode. Walk as close to the chest as you can get without being seen. Now you will notice you can' see that sword, so release sneak mode and jump. When you jump you will have about 1/2 a second where you can grab the sword. While in mid-air hit A button as just the right time and the sword is yours. You can also loot the cabinet of about 200 some gold.
Oh cool, I'll try that.
I know sometimes they call you by classname. But my classname is redguard, not %classname lol.
Oh, lol. I get you now.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Anyone interested in seeing what this game's like:

WATCH THIS

It takes a few to load. Be patient. :)

EDIT: Here's some more vids!

Explore another world
Live another life
Virtual Fantasy World
Next Gen Technology
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Veggita2099 wrote:I found a way to get that 17000g sword without getting caught. Go in there and get the guard to face the wall away from the chest. Then go around him to the bed area and go into sneak mode. Walk as close to the chest as you can get without being seen. Now you will notice you can' see that sword, so release sneak mode and jump. When you jump you will have about 1/2 a second where you can grab the sword. While in mid-air hit A button as just the right time and the sword is yours. You can also loot the cabinet of about 200 some gold.
Wow, Dude. Thanks. i got it. It rocks @_@

Oh and...

LMFAO

Im walking on the road from Hia Oad to Seyda Neen, And all of a sudden, A guy comes falling out of the sky, splat, hits the ground (!). I check his corpse... He has a journal that speak of his attempts to make a spell... And on him, He has 3 scrolls.. They Increase your acrobatics skill 1000 Skill points for 30 seconds (LMAO), I tried it. I jumped from Seyda Neen all the way to Vivec in one jump, Of course I died on impact but still funny as hell :)
Last edited by Jeeba Jabba on Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Im walking on the road from Hia Oad to Seyda Neen, And all of a sudden, A guy comes falling out of the sky, splat, hits the ground (!). I check his corpse... He has a journal that speak of his attempts to make a spell... And on him, He has 3 scrolls.. They Increase your acrobatics skill 1000 Skill points for 30 seconds (LMAO), I tried it. I jumped from Seyda Neen all the way to Vivec in one jump, Of course I died on impact but still funny as hell :)
Yea I renember that, those scrolls of icarian flight are awesome ;)
When you get your Acrobatics skill higher you'll be able to survive landing ;)
With my Acrobatics to about 60 I can survive -just- lol.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I got that sword in the guard tower too. I took a cheap dagger from the wall and got the guard to chace me, then I ran back up the stairs and grabbed that sweet sword before the guard could catch up.

Right now I'm using the key that guy at the Balmora fighter's guild makes for you out of the Dwemer puzzle box back at the place you get it from. You can unlock a door deep down in it, and it has a whole system of caves and stuff. Best of all, there is some nice armor down there.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

That dwemer puzzle box thing pissed me off, I didnt know it was near the start and went all the way through those tunnels trying to find it :evil: Least I got a few items to sell down there ;)
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

I'll admit to having to use gamefaqs to find out where that damn puzzle piece was -_-
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

I have been playing Morrowind on Xbox for the past few weeks and it kicks ass.

I only have a lvl 10 Imperial Custom Class but I am a Kinsman in Hlaalu and I have 2/3 of my stronghold finished.
I am also in the Fighters Guild and the Mages guild and I am a Journeyman in both of them. Before I got the stronghold I lived in Nerano Manor. That place was cool but I wanted a place that was "mine" so I got the stronghold.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have been trying to do a job for the mages guild in bolorma *geez I can't remember these names for the life of me!*. Anyways I am supposed to collect some money from a guild member in some place called pandop or something like that. She gave me directions, but I can't find this place for the life of me. I found this fort she mentioned, and she said follow the path northeast from the fort. So I kept going on that path northeast. I got to several places where you could turn, but I always took the northeast route. Well now Im just about at the water! None of the signs mentioned the name of this place I am going to, and its not on the map either.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

butters wrote:I got that sword in the guard tower too. I took a cheap dagger from the wall and got the guard to chace me, then I ran back up the stairs and grabbed that sweet sword before the guard could catch up.

Right now I'm using the key that guy at the Balmora fighter's guild makes for you out of the Dwemer puzzle box back at the place you get it from. You can unlock a door deep down in it, and it has a whole system of caves and stuff. Best of all, there is some nice armor down there.
Yea I already did that. I sold all the Dwarven spears and stuff.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

butters wrote:I'll admit to having to use gamefaqs to find out where that damn puzzle piece was -_-

It was sitting right there on the shelf in the last available room O_o
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Oh and Update from Me :P

My Redguard is level 8 now. I joined the Imperial Legion at Gnisis. Did some jobs for them up there. Did some exploring today also.. Got most of the west gash region mapped out now. (Far north as Khuul, Far West as Gnisis, Far east as Ald Ruhn)

Here's a tip from me:

In Balmora, in the Armorer's shop, He has some AWESOME stuff. (Dreugh Helms, Dreugh Shields, Orc Boots, Orc Cuirass--all summing up at about 20k) But one thing: there's a guard in there. Now what you need to do is steal something, (Cheap of course) But when he confronts you, Resist arrest, But when you do so, Dont strike back (Because then you'll have fines for attacking an officer) Instead just leave the building. Now, Get all your battle get ready. Charge up your spells, Potions, and whatnot. When you go in, Be prepared for a fight. I barely beat him at Level 6 and what I kept doing was fighting him at the door, When My health got low. I'd exit, Charge up, then come back. Now after you kill the guard, The shop owner will still want a piece of ya, Kill him too (He's extremely weak). Now all you'll have is a Bounty of 1 gold :) And all of that good stuff in there.

^
|
|

I know you're probably saying "Yeah duh, I already knew about stealing something cheap, yadda yadda" But when I initially stole something cheap, Then resisted arrest, And fought him for a few, When you eventually do kill him, You have a 1k fine. So remember, Choose to resist arrest, But then leave right away, THEN come right back in to fight him.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Oh and Update from Me :P

My Redguard is level 8 now. I joined the Imperial Legion at Gnisis. Did some jobs for them up there. Did some exploring today also.. Got most of the west gash region mapped out now. (Far north as Khuul, Far West as Gnisis, Far east as Ald Ruhn)

Here's a tip from me:

In Balmora, in the Armorer's shop, He has some AWESOME stuff. (Dreugh Helms, Dreugh Shields, Orc Boots, Orc Cuirass--all summing up at about 20k) But one thing: there's a guard in there. Now what you need to do is steal something, (Cheap of course) But when he confronts you, Resist arrest, But when you do so, Dont strike back (Because then you'll have fines for attacking an officer) Instead just leave the building. Now, Get all your battle get ready. Charge up your spells, Potions, and whatnot. When you go in, Be prepared for a fight. I barely beat him at Level 6 and what I kept doing was fighting him at the door, When My health got low. I'd exit, Charge up, then come back. Now after you kill the guard, The shop owner will still want a piece of ya, Kill him too (He's extremely weak). Now all you'll have is a Bounty of 1 gold :) And all of that good stuff in there.

^
|
|

I know you're probably saying "Yeah duh, I already knew about stealing something cheap, yadda yadda" But when I initially stole something cheap, Then resisted arrest, And fought him for a few, When you eventually do kill him, You have a 1k fine. So remember, Choose to resist arrest, But then leave right away, THEN come right back in to fight him.
Hey thats a good idea. I haven't been able to kill a guard yet though. Then again I haven't tried since I was level 4, im 7 almost 8 now.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Veggita2099 wrote:I have been trying to do a job for the mages guild in bolorma *geez I can't remember these names for the life of me!*. Anyways I am supposed to collect some money from a guild member in some place called pandop or something like that. She gave me directions, but I can't find this place for the life of me. I found this fort she mentioned, and she said follow the path northeast from the fort. So I kept going on that path northeast. I got to several places where you could turn, but I always took the northeast route. Well now Im just about at the water! None of the signs mentioned the name of this place I am going to, and its not on the map either.
http://www.ultimatexbox.com/morrowind/java/

This map takes a minute to load, but it saved my butt 1000 times. :D
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Narcissus wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:I have been trying to do a job for the mages guild in bolorma *geez I can't remember these names for the life of me!*. Anyways I am supposed to collect some money from a guild member in some place called pandop or something like that. She gave me directions, but I can't find this place for the life of me. I found this fort she mentioned, and she said follow the path northeast from the fort. So I kept going on that path northeast. I got to several places where you could turn, but I always took the northeast route. Well now Im just about at the water! None of the signs mentioned the name of this place I am going to, and its not on the map either.
http://www.ultimatexbox.com/morrowind/java/

This map takes a minute to load, but it saved my butt 1000 times. :D

That's a nice map, But my game came with the big fold out map :P
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Yea I use the fold out map too, well handy ;)
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

lol, Another story:

About that armorer I killed in Balmora, well.. After 3 days, another guard appears in there. So.. Everytime one is spawned, I kill him take his armor.. Well, Ive done it about 4 times now and Have nothing but bonemold armor sorted all throughout my house...lol
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

I recently misplaced my nice sword I stole in that guard tower -_- I'm hoping I just dropped in my house in Balmora that I removed of its npc. I was going to challenge a guard, drew my sword, and my fists came up. I was like wtf...