For those interested in the web browser

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Are you interested in the web browser?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 203
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DreamservVMU »

now seeing as the emulator does support tg16/pc engine games,then all you need to do is add the game roms to the correct folders,the emulator will know what to do with them,ive sent PI a VERY detailed guide including the emulator with the demo rom columns to his hotmail account,the guide explains booting the emu from within planetweb,dreampassport and MAYBE as a stand alone. it also includes detailed instructions for the ini settings for planetweb's ginsu.ini and dp3's dp3.ini so the emu can find the roms and load. hey this has me thinkin...know how when you try to load a homebrew via pw or dp3 and it loads fine but cant find roms,or folder structure??? it MAY be becuase we arent telling the dp3.ini and ginsu.ini EXACTLY where to find everything,i say this because when you all get the guide,youll notice that the dp3.ini specifies in DETAIL the emu's actual launch page,its directory structure...EVERYTHING...planetweb's only specifies the app directory and bin name..not its sub folder layout...might be a work around for actual homebrew's working fully...fatheadpi has the guide/full emulator in his email waiting on him,he will distribute it as he sees fit for the project i assume. later folks.

Curtis
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy

Post by DreamservVMU »

forgive the over posts..my brain is running overtime on this...i was thinkin,i'd bet 2 dollars to a donut that demomenu will load the megadrive emulator...seeing as it was never intended as a stand alone cd,and was developed specificlly to launch from a menu type enviorment,that demomenu WOULD load and run it...it isnt based on WinCE now the katana part i dont know,the reason i assume it may load via demomenu is because it seems BOTH browsers are very much capable of launching katana/wince OR non katana/wince apps,so it seems the app launching system was designed that way on purpose,so developers wouldnt have to make their apps wince OR katana,given this im HOPING sega choose a NON katana and NON Wince method for making the emulator. if so,demomenu has a damn good chance of running it. if not,then it was worth a try. i cant test this theory right now(already burned up 100 cd-r's in 3 days!!!...not only dc stuff im burning though heh...)as im out of cd-r's til payday.
sonicblur
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sonicblur »

I've uploaded DreamPassport 3 from PSOv2 (with BBA support) to Tripod.
THESE ARE THE PLAIN FILES, nothing you can directly burn.
They're there for fatheadpi, so let him get them, so he can add it to his browser.

You NEED to right click on the download link to save it.
The site's here:
http://dreampassportpso.tripod.com/index.html

It's on Tripod, so dont suck it up before he can get it unless you dont want BBA support. Read the stuff I wrote there. I think I mention the included 1ST_READ is PSO, and I belive the browser is 2_DP.BIN???
Anyway, it's there... So... yeah.

This size is 7.93 MB (8,325,146 bytes)
Last edited by sonicblur on Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

doesnt work

Post by law »

sorry to bother u again, i dl it twice, its 7.9 mb but seems to be corrupted... winace and winrar cant unpack it...

2nd dl was only 3.7 mb, 3rd 4.9 .. how big is its actual size ?
or can u contact me via irc ?

how can i reach u ? =)

thx, law

i only tried it 3 times cause i didnt wanna suck away.... hope that was ok
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy

Post by DreamservVMU »

might wanna find another place to sotre the file,tripod is a sorry damn service,they will close off your download as being completed but in fact it isnt,they time it out and it appears to be completed but all you get is variny sizes and corrupted files.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

tell me how big it is, i can host it probably if i have it.. i have a webserver with pw or a 10 mb domain which i would probably have to empty for it
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Well, I'd call three times sucking, but that's just me. Especially when sonicblur told EVERYONE to wait till I got a copy.

Sonic blur, thanks for the upload. If it is corrupted, when you go to re-upload it, you can remove the 1st_read.bin, I don't need that. It'll likely cut down on the size a ways. I'll try and get it later on tonight, and if I can make it do as it's told, the next release will be based on it.

So DP might play TG16 too... damn this is eerie.

Curtis, I'll check my e-mail, although I haven't seen anything from you yet in Junk or Inbox. And remember, my account is only 2 megs, so go easy and rar stuff. I need to get a yahoo account, those are 6 megs. What we might eventually end up doing is meeting up on some dirrect connect hubs and sharing anything of good size. And I'll also see what I can do, thanks in advance for the goods.

As for Demomenu launching it, I'll take a look and see what happens. If we can ulock the file system tho, people are gonna shit themselves once we get some killer themes going. DP packs ahoy captain!!!!

We're eventually going to have to enlist the help of a competent pc programmer, I've got some apps I need built. I'd ask someone like BlackAura, but NxDoom rules such hard ass I'd be ashamed to pull him away from it.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

upload it at http://www.tripod.co.uk

i hear there service is better
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

/me is sorry..
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Umm okay, the page bandwith has been exceeded. Thanks a lot law.

Sonicblur, upload it to an angelfire site, they suck but they work. Just do like I told you, and PM me and Curtis (DreamservVMU) with the addy, then once we get it, go ahead and release it. And like I said, pull out the first_read.bin and make sure yor package is good, but be sure to leave in ip and 2_dp.bin

And curtis don't worry about overposting, just take a look at any of my old gypplay threads. Too bad you can't see the staff forum too, I've got some hectic ones in there.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

law wrote:/me is sorry..
sorry doesnt cut it damnit
haha
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

hmm want me to apologize again ? Im really gratefull that u guys put so much work in this... like i said i can host the file to make up for it...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

its ok law, i was just fooling around
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy

Post by DreamservVMU »

damn thats weird,youd think hotmail would atleast be compareable to yahoo...i sent two items..the dpwww setup and the mega drive emulator. the dpwww was only 400k rar'ed and the emu was only 799k rar'ed..shoulda went through. i sent everything to fatheadpi@hotmail.com
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy

Post by DreamservVMU »

i still have the emu in my sent box,if you didnt get it at hotmail,send me info on where to send it to,hell ill upload it to "GASP"....my tripod account lol..ill post a link in a minute.
sonicblur
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sonicblur »

I've sent a new link to fatheadpi on a different sever.
I wont link to it till fatheadpi get's it, so you'll need to wait till the bandwidth on the Tripod account dies out, and try using a downloader like wget to get it from there. Once fatheadpi get's it, he can post the new link here if he wants. I'd prefer he just release an update of his browser with it though instead, because this site can actually handle more than 3 downloads. :-P
DreamservVMU
DC Browser Guy

Post by DreamservVMU »

ive emailed you the link to the emu PI,when you get it,just post here and ill open the link up to everyone.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

uhm that means i can try it 4 or even 5 times then ? :P
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

I wouldnt mind trying out the web browser on the DC except i dont have a dial up account to use [straight up broadband]. I also dont have a modem on my computer :/. *sigh*.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

that chick in your avatar is hot, to bad she isnt real.