What are you playing or looking forward to?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: What are you playing or looking forward to?

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I feel like playing through the Sonic Adventure series again (not on Gamecube).
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

I'm playing through:

Infinite Undiscovery
Overlord
and
Castle Crashers (btw, it's awesome)
No signature.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:Next week is Sonic Dark Brotherhood, which I might also try depending on the reviews.
It's dreadful. The RPG format just gives more excuse for all the Sonic characters (Cream, that batwoman etc. are all back again!) to show-off their dire personalities "I have a BOYFRIEND now you know!!", the story doesn't seem to go far beyond the Chaos Emeralds being stolen, the overworld controls are terrible, and the battles are far too easy for anyone with the slightest rpg-background. I know Bioware developed it, but this has a huge SEGA footprint all over it, and it's not nice.

Of course - as a retro Sonic fan I'm not going to be happy with any Sonic game until half the extended cast die-off and everybody else shuts the hell up and gets on with some decent gameplay.

In other news: I just picked up Disgaea DS - should get even more playtime than the PS2 version, which was a ridiculous amount. Oh, and is Dragon Quest IV worth a purchase?
Superstrider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Superstrider »

Basically, I'm looking forward to the US release of Sonic Chronicles for the DS. Only 5 more days!
Sonic RPG Demo #3 Complete!
Click to Download!

Progress of Sonic RPG: First 15 Chapters Complete!
Chapter 16: The Martial Art Tournament 0% Completed

My Deviantart
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Hasney wrote:I'm playing Sonic Chronicles right now and I love it! The battle element, with the interactive POW moves ala the Mario RPGs is ace.
I think it just proved to me how much I value story and characters over gameplay in RPGs. This Sonic game could have the best battle element going, but the fact that I hate 90% of the characters in the "Sonic Universe", and the probable lack of plot twists and revelations just really turns me off.

Anyway, I just bought Wipeout HD and Megaman 9 off PSN - downloading now. Been a sexy update this week.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Duke Forever.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I had a R4 card, just yet to pick up a DS. I was borrowing my friends DS until his DSlite split in half so I had to give his original one back. Hearing that Kirby Super Star was ported makes me super stoked. The port of Kirby from NES to GBA, I played that probably more than any GBA out there. I have good memories with it too, my best friend and i would switch off playing that and going through Shenmue all summer long.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I was off work yesterday, so I spent a lot of the day playing Super Paper Mario. That's really the first time I've played a video game for more than a few minutes in months.

I got fairly far in the game, and really came to appreciate the unique gameplay.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Hasney wrote:I could not put Stranglehold down, I found it a fantastic no-brainer romp.
I'd enjoy it if not for all the stupid-ass "Find 15 of X" sub-missions. It's ruining the game for me. I think I'd probably like it a lot more if I was playing it on PC instead of 360 as well.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Just bought Mercenaries 2, because it was cheap, and the first one was fun. Looking forward to playing that when CoH has lost it's charm.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Hasney wrote:I've got Civ 4: Colonization
Watch out, I told myself I would play a "quick game" today. Three hours later, I died a little inside.
Code-Red wrote:Just bought Mercenaries 2, because it was cheap, and the first one was fun. Looking forward to playing that when CoH has lost it's charm.
It's really fun. The driving feels like a N64 game, but it's nice to lose some of the realism for once. I'd play more, but I got Civ 4.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I think most of the attraction of the Mercenaries series is the explosions - or more specifically the proportion of them. Nothing feels more satisfying than launching a nuclear missile on a square block of buildings, and watching them crumble to the ground in a wave of fire and force.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The only game I am really looking forward to for the rest of the year is Persona 4. I've bought a few games this year, and have not played anything at all... so hopefully it will not turn into the same.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I finished Super Paper Mario and have moved back to Twilight Princess. I'm not playing it nearly as religiously as I played SPM.

I'm really looking forward to buying WarioLand whenever I get enough scratch.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Beggar Prince. Excellent game.
Insane homebrew collector.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Been playing Spore... the GF has been playing it a bit since I had her try it and I think that is why I've been playing it... want to try out the Crysis Sandbox and see how it works... before that I was playing something... I think WoW... not sure... many games for short periods of time, not really focused on one...
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hasney --

I couldn't really get into Saints Row-- but all I played was the demo for it. The controls just seemed a little sloppy (a bit too twitchy and touchy just walking around), and the frame rate problems annoyed the hell out of me. I don't know if these issues were fixed in the actual game, or if they were fixed in SR2. How does it control vs. the first one?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I'm playing Mac-enstein currently.

I'm looking forward to finding a used copy of Q4 and playing that again.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I am currently playing Super Mario Galaxy.

I fucking love it. It's everything Super Mario Sunshine should have been. I thought the whole planet-jumping thing was a stupid gimmick at first, but I haven't felt this addicted/satisfied with any Mario game... hell, scratch that, a NINTENDO game since Super Mario 64. Trying to get every damn star in the game takes me back to when I first got Super Mario 64 and I played it so much that I had dreams about collecting stars. Completely nostalgic, yet refreshingly new at the same time.

I'm trying to take my time with the game, knowing it'll probably be at least another 10 years before Nintendo put out another game like this, but I can't help myself. I've already collected over half of the stars in the game in just a few days and I've enjoyed every minute of it.

And don't get me wrong, Super Mario Sunshine was still a decent game, it just can't compare. Emphasis on the F.L.U.D.D. and collecting all the stupid blue coins in order to get all the stars just kinda ruined it for me. I beat the game with just over 100 stars and didn't have the patience to go back and scour every level for the remaining blue coins. The game relied too much on using the F.L.U.D.D. to get around the level and find shit rather than requiring good ol' platforming skills, exploration, and puzzle-solving like SM64 and SMG.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yeah I'm also replaying Super Mario Galaxy.

When it initially came out, I just did the bare minimum and finished the game with 65 stars. I didn't even enter some of the galaxies. I feel like I shorted the game-- plus I really want to play as..... er.....not Mario........... [everyone should know that spoiler by now but whatever]
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista