NeoGeo Pocket Emulator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Superstrider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NeoGeo Pocket Emulator

Post by Superstrider »

I'm well aware of the fact that Neo4All, a NeoGeo CD emulator for the Dreamcast, exists, but is there one for the hand-held system, NeoGeo Pocket? Or, does Neo4All cover that system too? I'm curious to know... Can anyone inform me?
Sonic RPG Demo #3 Complete!
Click to Download!

Progress of Sonic RPG: First 15 Chapters Complete!
Chapter 16: The Martial Art Tournament 0% Completed

My Deviantart
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: NeoGeo Pocket Emulator

Post by Juan »

RACE DC port was going to get an update soon.
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

NeoPocott DC and DC NeoPop are worth a try, too.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

No, they aren't. RACE is by far the best NeoGeo Pocket emulator for Dreamcast.
Insane homebrew collector.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Christuserloeser wrote:No, they aren't. RACE is by far the best NeoGeo Pocket emulator for Dreamcast.
Don't be so harsh Chris, NeoPocott DC and NeoPop really are worth a try, ok, so they're not the best as in speed/compatibility, but they really are worth throwing on a CDR along with RACE.

OT Chris: we really should get together and make a 'Dream Emulator' boot disk one day, every emu on one CD image with instructions/download for a romdisk - what do you say?.
Across the Universe
sixtyten
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by sixtyten »

Christuserloeser wrote:No, they aren't. RACE is by far the best NeoGeo Pocket emulator for Dreamcast.
I haven't tried RACE and I'd have to agree with this. I tried NeoPoccot a few years back and it was soooo slow.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

DCDayDreamer wrote:Don't be so harsh Chris, NeoPocott DC and NeoPop really are worth a try, ok, so they're not the best as in speed/compatibility, but they really are worth throwing on a CDR along with RACE.
You're probably right. It's just that there are few occasions where I put alternative, classic emulators on a CDR along with what I think is the best one. SMEG and SMSplusDC is such an exception.

Also, when someone asks for an emulator for a certain system, I try to point to the best, simply to avoid confusion and to help preventing some frustration with older and slower releases. If someone then decides to also test the other emulators available, then that's fine with me.

DCDayDreamer wrote:OT Chris: we really should get together and make a 'Dream Emulator' boot disk one day, every emu on one CD image with instructions/download for a romdisk - what do you say?.
That's certainly not a bad idea. :) - Although I think it would be better if we were to include only a selection of some of the most interesting emulators - and update the SBI repository along the way (as there are quite a few releases missing). With the SBIs everyone could do compilation CD with whatever emulators on one disc.

I would also propose a new standard as on how to rename SBIs as it's hard to identify the most recent version (or any version actually), but let's discuss that at DCEvo ;)

Btw, Juan is right, there's a new version of RACE coming:
Flavor @ a recent GameSetWatch interview, published on May 4, 2008, wrote:GameSetWatch: Are you planning on working on anything else?

Flavor: I've always got something else to work on. Though, I don't often plan what will be the next project. I don't know. I was fixing up the Dreamcast version of RACE the other day. That's pretty much done now, though. I've got some other ideas, but my main upcoming project is raising a - to be in about a month - newborn daughter.
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2008/05/qui ... flavor.php

PS: The full name of the emulator seems to be "RACE! (As In Koyote-Land)" - I can't really make any sense of it. What does it mean?
Insane homebrew collector.