Latest Dreamcast game you bought ?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Latest Dreamcast game you bought ?

Post by Christuserloeser »

Having enjoyed Last Hope a lot, I just had to pre-order DUX (-LINK-). I am aware that not everyone likes shmups as much as I do, so now I wonder what's the latest Dreamcast game(s) you guys bought ? (by release date, not time of purchase)
Insane homebrew collector.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Latest Dreamcast game you bought ?

Post by |darc| »

I last bought Feet of Fury. I think I lost it in Katrina, though; I can't find it. It was a signed copy, too. :(
It's thinking...
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

The three bleemcast discs about a year ago. Last and latest.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

I think under defeat was the last one I bought. There are still a handful I need to pick up, just havent gotten around to it. I hate that I missed getting the LE of Last hope.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
sixtyten
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by sixtyten »

I'd very much like to preorder this..but..I've never bought internationally....does PayPal automatically do the conversion?
Christuserloeser

Nico0020 wrote:I think under defeat was the last one I bought. There are still a handful I need to pick up, just havent gotten around to it. I hate that I missed getting the LE of Last hope.
I bought the standard edition and the recent NGCD set (with DVD) to play it with Neo4All. The only difference to the LE would be the soundtrack CD - which I don't think is worth paying a lot of money for, as the soundtrack of the game itself is stored as CDDA tracks on the disc so that you can play it on any CD player (and of course your Dreamcast).

I think you can find the standard Dreamcast edition of Last Hope new and sealed for about €25 at ebay these days. Although the NGCD version is the best version of the game, the differences are VERY minor. The game itself is essentially the same in all three versions (AES, DC, NGCD).
sixtyten wrote:I'd very much like to preorder this..but..I've never bought internationally....does PayPal automatically do the conversion?
Yeah. I don't think it's ever been so easy to buy internationally as it is now.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Bought the two DC magazine discs I was missing to have the full set about a month ago.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I believe Cool Herders was the latest DC game I bought.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
sixtyten
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by sixtyten »

Christuserloeser wrote: I think you can find the standard Dreamcast edition of Last Hope new and sealed for about €25 at ebay these days. Although the NGCD version is the best version of the game, the differences are VERY minor. The game itself is essentially the same in all three versions (AES, DC, NGCD).
Do you know if anyone has tried running the NGCD version on NEO4ALL, or does Last Hope have the same kind of copy protection or whatever it is that stops NEO4ALL from loading the game?
Mark30001
Mark30001
Mark30001

Post by Mark30001 »

Rush 2049
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

I latest Dreamcast game I bought was Last Hope. I've also pre-ordered Dux.

So far I haven't been really floored by any of the comercial homebrew releases, but they're priced well enough that I've found it worth buying them just to support the scene and add something unusual to my Dreamcast library. And it's not as if they're bad games, just not terribly impressive. I can think of many other DC homebrews that I would have rather seen as commercial releases. I was really looking forward to Rush Rush Rally Racing, but it's starting to look like that will never come out. Really a shame.

The *LAST* Dreamcast game i bought was Roommania #203. That's a game I'd been wanting ever since I got my Dreamcast, thoug I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing it properly.

...word is bondage...
Christuserloeser

Sweater Fish wrote:I was really looking forward to Rush Rush Rally Racing, but it's starting to look like that will never come out. Really a shame.
Nah, it definitely will come out. Just much later than planned.

A word from the author: http://www.senileteam.com/forum_read.php?thread=496
Roel wrote:Rest assured the project is not cancelled. Far from it! We've been working very hard on additional features, as well as general improvements and polish. The reason we've been so quiet about it is that we still need to test some things first. All will be revealed once we're sure everything is working as it should. :)

Sweater Fish wrote:I can think of many other DC homebrews that I would have rather seen as commercial releases.
Yeah, Drill would have been nice, or Alice Dreams. After the Drill demo was released, Rom1frommars got hired for a Wii project, so he likely won't ever work on anything Dreamcast again. I've asked for a GPL'd release of the source code but got no answer to that.

Patbier and Poche are still working on Dynamite Dreams, their Alice Dreams spin-off: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=95115 - Really looking forward to that one. :)
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

It's good to hear some news about R4 and I'm glad Senile Team are still optimistic. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Coincidentally, I just heard some news about the Dreamcast release of Wind & Water Puzzle Battles today, too. Apparently this month's issue of the German magazine Retro (coming out tomorrow) will come with a demo disk of the game. Check out the dev blog: http://dev.yuanworks.com/

As long as we're doing a roundup of games still scheduled for release, anyone have any recent news of what's up with Donk? And what ever happened to Freuer Frei? Any other games on the horizon? A couple years ago GOAT Games came out with a long list of games they were planning to release, surely some of those are still being worked on.

...word is bondage...
Christuserloeser

sixtyten wrote:Do you know if anyone has tried running the NGCD version on NEO4ALL, or does Last Hope have the same kind of copy protection or whatever it is that stops NEO4ALL from loading the game?
Last Hope for NGCD works perfectly via Neo4All. No copy-protection. :)

Sweater Fish wrote:Coincidentally, I just heard some news about the Dreamcast release of Wind & Water Puzzle Battles today, too. Apparently this month's issue of the German magazine Retro (coming out tomorrow) will come with a demo disk of the game. Check out the dev blog: http://dev.yuanworks.com/
Yeah, I recieved my issue today. Just played the demo and I have to say that it's pretty good! There obviously went an enourmous amount of work into details so the graphics are really nice and pretty detailed, even if it's running in 320x240 (like Last Hope).

The game itself is a bit like Mega Panel on Mega Drive / Genesis (or Yoshi's Cookie on SNES if I remember correctly): You control a cursor that holds four blocks which you can rotate to combine four (or more) blocks of the same color. To clear a level you have to solve the tasks you've been assigned to within a short period of time.

Sweater Fish wrote:As long as we're doing a roundup of games still scheduled for release, anyone have any recent news of what's up with Donk? And what ever happened to Freuer Frei? Any other games on the horizon?
http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.ph ... ComingSoon

I am not sure if Push the Button: Feuer Frei is still in development but I think that Time Hunter is still beeing worked on. I've seen qatmix, the author, posting at DCS recently:
qatmix wrote:The project firestor[m] game may not be Freeur frei but another title. At the moment we are looking at which one to do.
Donk is still progressing (slowly): http://cagames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7941

Sweater Fish wrote:A couple years ago GOAT Games came out with a long list of games they were planning to release, surely some of those are still being worked on.
From the games that GOAT announced there are only a few left that are still being worked on: aside of Donk, Rush Rush Rally Racing, and Age of the Beast, it'd be Rael, Yumi, and Wild Blue. The others seem to have been cancelled.

Basically, Dan Loosen made that announcement and then stopped posting here altogether. :|
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

Preordered DUX...
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

Feet of Fury. That I never really got around to play. Just booted it up once to see what Dan had accomplished.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I bought Sonic Adventure 2 about 3 years ago now.
I need to get some more Dreamcast games :/
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Triggerheart Excelica - haven't played it yet, but I will get to it. Still have a few more games I want to get, but too many expenses to splurge.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

ChuChu Rocket... :grin:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Not sure that this counts, but I recently got Aerowings and Bleemcast! GT2 off Goozex for free. 'Shenmue US' (japanese version with english dialogue) is on it's way =).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man