Doom 4 announced!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Doom 4 announced!

Post by emptythought »

Production has begun on DOOM 4â„¢, the next journey into the legendary DOOM universe. We are expanding our internal team and are currently hiring to work on this highly anticipated title.

"DOOM is part of the id Software DNA and demands the greatest talent and brightest minds in the industry to bring the next installment of our flagship franchise to Earth," said Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software. "It's critical for id Software to have the best creative minds in-house to develop games that meet the standards synonymous with our titles."

The DOOM franchise is one of the most recognizable and important in gaming history, having been named "one of the ten most influential games of the decade" by PC Gamer and "the #1 game of all time" by GameSpy. DOOM 4 will join the award-winning series which has consistently topped sales charts throughout the world.

We are looking for talented, ambitious and passionate individuals eager to join our accomplished team of developers working on the industry’s most innovative and anticipated games. For a complete listing of available positions, visit our id Careers page. Resumes can be submitted via email to jobs@idsoftware.com. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.

Source
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: Doom 4 announced!

Post by Nico0020 »

yea i read this earlier. here is hoping that they at least done make the game COMPLETELY built off the scare factor, and go back to putting countless enemies on screen at a time. Yes I love the doom 3 engine as far as lighting go, hell it still looks great as far as graphics go, but I dont like a game being completely based around the "scare" factor.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I thought I heard that Doom 3 was supposed to be the final one. Maybe I am thinking of Quake 4.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Well I read a Quake game should be getting a new release too using a new engine by id. It might be based on the tech 5 engine...
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Nico0020 wrote:yea i read this earlier. here is hoping that they at least done make the game COMPLETELY built off the scare factor, and go back to putting countless enemies on screen at a time. Yes I love the doom 3 engine as far as lighting go, hell it still looks great as far as graphics go, but I dont like a game being completely based around the "scare" factor.
I hate admitting it but that's the reason I haven't gotten past the first map on Doom 3.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

well doom 3 is a good game and such, it is just it could have been a lot more. Hell like Bioshock, they still do some of that scare factor stuff, BUT there will be a lot of enemies in other areas just chasing after you trying to kill you....or eachother. its not just one enemy at a time.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Anyone with a little more knowledge about this know how the new id T5 engine compares to the Unreal 3 engine?
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Fuck. Yes. :mrgreen:

I've always said I wasn't going to upgrade my PC again until the next DOOM or Half-Life was released. At least now I have some sort of timeframe to work with lol
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

DuffMan wrote:Anyone with a little more knowledge about this know how the new id T5 engine compares to the Unreal 3 engine?
see for yourself

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23275.html
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

So, will they finally make a sequel with large environments and lots of monsters?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Manoel wrote:So, will they finally make a sequel with large environments and lots of monsters?
That is the question. As is, the closest successor to Doom 2 is the Serious Sam games.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.