Advice on Headphones for gaming

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advice on Headphones for gaming

Post by Yonke »

Im looking to get a 5.1 headphones for my gaming and online gaming in my XB360 , my maximum budget is 100 dlls or the best i can get for less......
also do i need to have a 5.1 reciver so it can output 5.1 sound to the headphones???

recomend me please........
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Advice on Headphones for gaming

Post by melancholy »

Now, I'm certainly not the authority on headphones, but I'm almost positive 5.1 style headphones have three jacks that plug into the three ports on a 5.1 sound card. In other words, if it's for your 360, they won't work.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

melancholy wrote:Now, I'm certainly not the authority on headphones, but I'm almost positive 5.1 style headphones have three jacks that plug into the three ports on a 5.1 sound card. In other words, if it's for your 360, they won't work.
A simple 4 dollar adapter will convert the 3 jacks to red and white. I do that for my spearkers and my 360.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Wagh wrote:
melancholy wrote:Now, I'm certainly not the authority on headphones, but I'm almost positive 5.1 style headphones have three jacks that plug into the three ports on a 5.1 sound card. In other words, if it's for your 360, they won't work.
A simple 4 dollar adapter will convert the 3 jacks to red and white. I do that for my spearkers and my 360.
Stereoness rather than 5.1. I can't think of anything that will work with optical to do what is wanted though.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Wagh wrote:
But that would completely defeat the purpose of having 5.1 headphones. He would be better off just buying regular stereo headphones and just saving the extra cash the surround sound headphones would cost.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

turtle beach makes a 360 5.1 headphone with a mic. Thats the only one I know of that will work.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

are turtle beach a good brand???

in that case using 5.1 headphones whit stereo signal will not sound 5.1???......
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yonke wrote:are turtle beach a good brand???
Turtle Beach is pretty good. They are about middle range, actually.
Yonke wrote:in that case using 5.1 headphones whit stereo signal will not sound 5.1???......
No, stereo would be 2.1. In a home theater system, it would mix the front and rear speakers together and totally eliminate the center speaker. In 5.1 headphones, it would make them sound like a plain old pair of headphones.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

after a few weeks of research i found the best for my need...

Tritton AX360

http://www.trittontechnologies.com/prod ... GA600.html

and they cost around 115 dlls..........not bad for 5.1
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

Congrats then..
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Yonke wrote:after a few weeks of research i found the best for my need...

Tritton AX360

http://www.trittontechnologies.com/prod ... GA600.html

and they cost around 115 dlls..........not bad for 5.1

I got this as well. It's absolutely ESSENTIAL in COD 4 cage matches. Two players pit against each other on a small level. With these headphone I can simply advance my way around the map making no footsteps and get a drop on my enemy every single time because I can hear their every move. Throw in some random flash bang grenades to create panic, and these impact the game in a totally psychological way. I've literally heard people shout out loud because I scared them so bad when I snuck up behind them.

They are also really help when someone is trying to knife YOU from behind. I find that most of the time they will run up to you in hopes of finishing you off before you can turn around. With the Tritton ax360 headphones I can spin around nice and quick and stab them in the face.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Its been a month since i got it to.......

the headphones are great, im getting a boost in my online gameplay with this cans......

the only downside is the settings process but once you found the perfect balance is perfect

and also be careful with the really thinny mic cable , i have read a lot of people complaining how fast its tear apart...... i mod mines so the mic cable dont move and stay in a fix position..
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

melancholy wrote:
Wagh wrote:A simple 4 dollar adapter will convert the 3 jacks to red and white. I do that for my spearkers and my 360.
But that would completely defeat the purpose of having 5.1 headphones. He would be better off just buying regular stereo headphones and just saving the extra cash the surround sound headphones would cost.
lulz
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I read a review for the turtle beach 5.1 headphones in an issue of OXM a year or two back, they said the surround sound was nonexistant on them
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

ace wrote: I got this as well. It's absolutely ESSENTIAL in COD 4 cage matches. Two players pit against each other on a small level. With these headphone I can simply advance my way around the map making no footsteps and get a drop on my enemy every single time because I can hear their every move. Throw in some random flash bang grenades to create panic, and these impact the game in a totally psychological way. I've literally heard people shout out loud because I scared them so bad when I snuck up behind them.

They are also really help when someone is trying to knife YOU from behind. I find that most of the time they will run up to you in hopes of finishing you off before you can turn around. With the Tritton ax360 headphones I can spin around nice and quick and stab them in the face.
Haha, It was the very first Call of Duty 1 that I figured out that footsteps have an incredible impact on the game and can help a ton when playing online. I had no idea that footsteps made such a difference and once I started taking notice to them, it was a heckload easier to notice when someone is nearby.

A question about these though, would they work with an iPod? And how is the 5.1 on them?