Anyone still working on SBInducer themes?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Anyone still working on SBInducer themes?

Post by MethodGit »

Just wondering if there were any more sites hosting themes other than DCHelp.net and Boob! Covers, really. Or is this part of the scene now dead? =[
Christuserloeser

Re: Anyone still working on SBInducer themes?

Post by Christuserloeser »

It's 100% dead. - DCDayDreamer, fackue and me still do themes for DCEvolution though.
Insane homebrew collector.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

I take it you mean the themes made for the various compilation CDs?

Still, it's a shame nobody cares about DreamInducer anymore. I mean, very few of the themes over at DCHelp.net are visually appealing to me. I guess I'm a fussy type of person.

I would've checked Boob's Covers site too, except its database appears to be fux0red nowadays. Hope somebody still has all their stuff on backup....
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

MethodGit wrote:I take it you mean the themes made for the various compilation CDs?

Still, it's a shame nobody cares about DreamInducer anymore. I mean, very few of the themes over at DCHelp.net are visually appealing to me. I guess I'm a fussy type of person.

I would've checked Boob's Covers site too, except its database appears to be fux0red nowadays. Hope somebody still has all their stuff on backup....
I used to run a covers/themes site, but once I shut it down from lack of time years ago, I gave all the covers and themes to boob! Covers Central. I may have a backup somewhere if it wasn't destroyed in Katrina, When I get home this weekend I will let you know.
It's thinking...
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

MethodGit wrote:I take it you mean the themes made for the various compilation CDs?

Did you run DIPacks.cjb.net by any chance? That was pretty much the first themes site I encountered and visited back in the day. :)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It's thinking...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer
Has thanked: 0

Post by curt_grymala »

MethodGit wrote:Still, it's a shame nobody cares about DreamInducer anymore.
The problem is that very few users cared about DreamInducer, so the people contributing to it stopped caring. I was probably the biggest contributor of SBIs and SBTs, and even I got tired of it when it seemed like no one cared anymore. For a long time, I got constant SBI requests for every single thing that was released for the DC. Then, almost all at once, the requests just stopped.
I mean, very few of the themes over at DCHelp.net are visually appealing to me. I guess I'm a fussy type of person.
No offense taken. Honestly, about 85% of those themes were all done by me, and I have a very limited sense of design (not to mention the fact that I knew a whole let less, even, about PhotoShop and PaintShopPro back then than I do now), so I completely understand if you don't like any of them.

Add to that the fact that they are all at least five years old, so tastes were actually pretty different at that point in time.

If people really are interested in new SBIs and SBTs, I'd be happy to look into making some new ones when we get finished with the DC Evo restoration.

However, you can also make your own SBTs if you want. The tutorial on DCHelp is still perfectly valid. I'm not sure if Nyar still has a copy of his original tutorial, but I'm sure we could dig one up somewhere if you need it.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
NeverGoingBack
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by NeverGoingBack »

If people really are interested in new SBIs and SBTs, I'd be happy to look into making some new ones when we get finished with the DC Evo restoration.
Yes people are still interested.
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

Of course we are. :)
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

You can download some themes from there :
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pingouindream/themes.htm