What the living hell?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What the living hell?

Post by toastman »

I don't pay much attention to scene politics, but Xylene running the .com

That's retarded.
No signature.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: What the living hell?

Post by SuperMegatron »

lol with standards like that over there maybe I could become a mod.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

lulz
*The Cadillac of signatures*
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

I thought stagg being a mod was the funniest thing I have seen all month. Seriously, stagg? What the fuck are they thinking?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

It's obviously not serious. Xylene and Stagg will have their fun, run the place into the ground, and try to come over here.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Code-Red wrote:It's obviously not serious. Xylene and Stagg will have their fun, run the place into the ground, and try to come over here.
The whole thing was a joke on Cheatah. |darc|, BlueCrab, butters, mulletman and others knew about it.

BTW, making stagg a mod was my idea.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Make me an admin then Xylene, we'll see how much of a joke this is.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Code-Red wrote:Make me an admin then Xylene, we'll see how much of a joke this is.
Go look for yourself, I'm not an admin there anymore. Too many people whined about copyright and it wasn't worth the lulz. Ask darc and others too if you don't believe me.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

bizzle wrote:
Code-Red wrote:Make me an admin then Xylene, we'll see how much of a joke this is.
Go look for yourself, I'm not an admin there anymore. Too many people whined about copyright and it wasn't worth the lulz. Ask darc and others too if you don't believe me.
I wonder what staff they can scrape up from the bottom of the barrel. Apparently not enough to clean up a very minor spam attack.

BTW, to chime in on the copyrights stuff, that is what happens when you have a forum without making the user agree to a licensing agreement. Take Wikipedia for example. Every post there is under the GFDL, and in the text at the bottom of the edit box says that you agree to the license.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

butters wrote:
bizzle wrote:
I wonder what staff they can scrape up from the bottom of the barrel. Apparently not enough to clean up a very minor spam attack.
Obviously you don't get it. Everyone, including Elmer, was and still is against Cheatah. We wanted to run the place into the ground to make sure Cheatah loses in the end. No one has any reason to even try to clean up any spam.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

So who restored the forums in the first place then? Was Cheatah able to pull it off himself?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I thought he got the hosting provider to do it.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

bizzle wrote:
butters wrote:
bizzle wrote:
Obviously you don't get it. Everyone, including Elmer, was and still is against Cheatah. We wanted to run the place into the ground to make sure Cheatah loses in the end. No one has any reason to even try to clean up any spam.
Unfortunately I know how people act and there will be someone who will have unquestioning loyalty to him. I'm not sure who and I'm not sure why, but there will be someone who legitimately takes his side.

I think the best thing to do at this point is to stop visiting .com at all. If 007 doesn't get hits, he won't have a reason to even try.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

BlackAura wrote:I thought he got the hosting provider to do it.
There are posts and threads in there that were created here after the move, like this one.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

butters wrote:
bizzle wrote:
butters wrote:
bizzle wrote:
Unfortunately I know how people act and there will be someone who will have unquestioning loyalty to him. I'm not sure who and I'm not sure why, but there will be someone who legitimately takes his side.
When all the original site staff split the site because of cheater before, there were loads of people defending cheater or happily ignoring stuff to get a place on staff (no disrespect to anyone who became staff then), there will be lots of people who'll be willing to join .com's team now believe me
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

not just souLLy now wrote:When all the original site staff split the site because of cheater before, there were loads of people defending cheater or happily ignoring stuff to get a place on staff (no disrespect to anyone who became staff then), there will be lots of people who'll be willing to join .com's team now believe me
I don't think so, 99% of the noobs who cared about the Dreamcast aren't in the scene anymore or have become more mature.

Who could Cheatah count on now, RMD?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

But Cheater has at many times in the past put complete unknowns with virtually no post counts in-charge in the past. Don't know if anyone remembers Ghost^X0 but he was given a high ranking staff post, new to the scene, just because he sucked up
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Wow! I'm really glad this happened. I hadn't looked at the .com main page in years, due to the adverts. This is the first time I've been excited about the scene in a looooong time. Good job guys. 8-)
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Wow! I'm really glad this happened. I hadn't looked at the .com main page in years, due to the adverts. This is the first time I've been excited about the scene in a looooong time. Good job guys. 8-)
Admittedly, the ads have been gone for months now during a site redesign, and then again when we moved to the wiki system. And the fact that Cheater wanted to put the ads back on the site was one of the reasons for the split.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Phew, I thought that DCEmu was dead. I knew that this site had to be out there, thankfully someone sent me a PM on the old site telling me where to go.