Summer Plans?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Summer Plans?

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, since my summer plans are pretty much decided at this point (I'm expecting an internship offer letter sometime tonight), I figured I'd see if anyone else already has their summer plans worked out.

Its pretty much settled that I'll be out in Redmond, WA again, working at Microsoft (I know, odd, isn't it). Hopefully I'll get a chance to go out and do stuff this year though (I'm definitely taking the rental car option).

So, anyone else have any grand plans this summer already?
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Summer Plans?

Post by mrandyk »

My summer plans through age 22 have been set since age 14. Work two jobs (BK and farm), and get no free time to do anything remotely entertaining during sunlight. You would think Id be raking in the dough but Im really only getting 1/5th of what I earn with the rest put away for something big (newer car, college, something else).

Also I would like to go see my Seattle Mariners play again when they come somewhere near here. Last year I finally got the time and money to see them play in Kansas City on the 4th of July. The firework show was destroyed though, so everyone got free tickets to another game.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

I know that for at least 2 weeks in the middle of July I'll be out in Willmington, NC patrolling around a ship full of ammo. it should be an interesting combination of both sheer boredom and some kind of awesome (I will after all be right near the beach).

As for the rest of my summer i plan to take at least one summer session worth of courses with the hopes of boosting my GPA up high enough to get a co-op job in the fall or spring.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Go to some shows, play some shows...

- Fuzmeister
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I'm going to DefCon in August.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

My summer plans hopefully finds me with a new job, because in May we are finally moving out of this old apartment and hopefully into a house. I'm so freakin' ready to have my own house. The amount of crap has overfilled our amount of space, plus rent keeps rising to the point where we could probably pay a house loan for cheaper than we are currently paying in rent.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Possibly trying to find a real job since I will have a college degree. I'm really wondering what jobs will open up because of that slip of paper...
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Mixture of working, diving, fishing, boating, and thats probably about it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Hopefully by the summer my Panic Disorder will subside enough for me to function again. If it does I'll probably go to summer school to catch up on the two semesters I've missed so far, and work. I might also get job training for towing, but that has not been set in stone since I'm not really improving. If I still Panic too much, I guess I'll do what I do now, go to work and lock myself up in my house the rest of the time.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Get naked with bitches.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Most of my summer is already over. Anyway, this year I gotta lose about 17 Kg (and another 10 Kg in 2009), get a trainee job to be able to finish college, get a real job by the end of the year, in a few months my college will set up a booth at an expo in another city and I gotta prepare 2 projects to show in it, plus another project to show at college in the end of the year, get a driver's license, and if everything goes well (which I don't count on) I'll put some braces on my teeth and buy a laptop/notebook.

However, my mom's health is getting progressively worse and this may ruin everything. I hope to fix my problems before this so I can help her.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Manoel wrote:However, my mom's health is getting progressively worse and this may ruin everything. I hope to fix my problems before this so I can help her.
Sorry to hear, although it's honourable of you to sort yourself out so that you can help your mum.

Summer never really started here on the mid east coast of Australia, it's been rainy most of the time and fairly cold.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

-I start a new job in 3 weeks, fully fledged graphic designer, which is cool.
-I'm going to the Download Festival in the summer, pretty decent line-up so far.
-Pay off a lot of the debt we ran up last year with the moving out and the wedding
-Chill
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Walk from NYC to Charlotte and then live with a buddy of mine when we come back cause I have nowhere to stay. Probably be back in NYC for some Summer Scholars program my University (Pace) offers to prospective CS students and volunteer. Try my hand at a bunch of jobs that are coming my way (Web work, Video Editing et al.). Cry for days for being a loser. Maybe take a summer class.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Summer is just another part of the year for me. Just part of living in the adult world I guess. Might go to the lake a couple of times, but that's really about it. I'm saving my vacation time for a trip I might get to go on in the fall.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

butters wrote:Summer is just another part of the year for me. Just part of living in the adult world I guess. Might go to the lake a couple of times, but that's really about it. I'm saving my vacation time for a trip I might get to go on in the fall.
QFT. I should have become a teacher. I long for the days when I didn't have to work straight through summer. And Christmas hols. And March/spring break/reading week. Sigh.

If I can find anyone interested, I may go camping a few times once I've passed my probation period at work.
Deth2k7
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Deth2k7 »

I'm going to move into my Grandmother's beach condo for a while. Maybe figure where I want to go for school. And get my band together.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Maybe spending time secluded in rural Virginia. Maybe going to Baltimore to stay with a lot of crazy young artists.

I got a pretty nice job in this town I'm staying in... just for being smart. It starts in april. They want me there for "at least a year or two," though. So I might just look for more bullshit work in another kitchen instead. The nice job pays better and is easy, but I value my freedom to roam pretty highly.

Definitely working out a badass trip to the DNC in Denver and Burning Man in Nevada. BM is a big social experiment/art festival out in the middle of nowhere. The theme this year is "The American Dream." Hopefully everyone will be feeling good after the convention and we'll know Barack is the candidate. Stars, stripes, and LSD :D :D .
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

- Finishing college year 1/3.
- Getting some more welding tickets (SMAW 6G, TIG 6G, Robot Welder Cert)
- Selling the Sentra and buying a 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
- Working on the G35
- Losing a little weight (20 lbs)
- More camping
- Raise at work
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Code-Red wrote:- Finishing college year 1/3.
- Getting some more welding tickets (SMAW 6G, TIG 6G, Robot Welder Cert)
- Selling the Sentra and buying a 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
- Working on the G35
- Losing a little weight (20 lbs)
- More camping
- Raise at work
You buying the G-dirty because of my recommendation? I'm looking into buying the same year (possible 2002). You can get an 02-03 for an amazing price.