Four 3-D Zeldas in 48 hours...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Four 3-D Zeldas in 48 hours...

Post by MulletMan13 »

These guys are trying to finish:

Ocarina
Majora's
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess

In the span of 48 hours. Definitely doable (if you double the fastest speed runs even), but will their stamina last? I've always wanted to try something like this for the sake of having a gaming marathon again, but I've never been too inspired to do it. With frozen pizzas aplenty, some Tahitian Treat, and my all Rush mix tape, I think I'd have a good shot at EVERY MARIO EVER.

...k maybe not.

http://www.cameronbanga.com/2008/01/fou ... hours.html

I think they will definitely make it... although the sailing in WW might kill them...
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Re: Four 3-D Zeldas in 48 hours...

Post by Lunchbox »

I dont think they made it past majora's mask
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Lunchbox wrote:I dont think they made it past majora's mask

That is pretty bad really although I never could make it through Majora's Mask either. I won't say its the worst Zelda ever, but of the 4 they are playing it is hands down the worse.

Seriously though as long as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess it was a pretty difficult challenge. If im not mistaken there is 1 part on Wind Waker where you have to get the tornado song and it involves sailing around aimlessly hoping for a random encounter of the wind god or whatever?

Really from what I have seen of Majora's Mask if you know what your doing it proably could have been the quickest to go through?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Sometime before the end, I'd probably end up saying:

"Damn it, not *another* water dungeon. I quit."
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

OoT is damn easy to do. MM REQUIRES a guide if you hope to get through it in a single sitting. Never played Wind Waker and I only got through maybe 1/3rd of TP so I can't comment on those two.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I'm sure I could do OoT, WW and TP within 48 hours, but I've never been through MM at all. I've tried it several times on emulators, but it never ran good, or it just was super boring.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

MulletMan13 wrote:I'm sure I could do OoT, WW and TP within 48 hours, but I've never been through MM at all. I've tried it several times on emulators, but it never ran good, or it just was super boring.
Out of two versions of the game I never could get through it because it was prone to lock up. Even though I didn't care much for the game I still tried to complete it twice on two systems. I had a brand new N64 cartridge for it and even the one on the Zelda Collectors disk locked up randomly. Considering how long the dungeons are on that game its no good to get half way through and lose everything because of technical issues. Two systems two medias, both purchased new. I guess my N64 was used but considering nothing else ever locked up I don't blame the system.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

The only Zelda game I have been able to play through without spending weeks away from it at a time was the Windwaker (my favorite one). The others catch my interest, then lose it at some point until I force myself to get through it, then enjoy the ending.

MM is definitly the worst 3d Zelda game, I think everyone could agree on that (Except PH if that is a 3d game, havent played it).
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

mrandyk wrote:MM is definitly the worst 3d Zelda game, I think everyone could agree on that (Except PH if that is a 3d game, havent played it).
It's a shame, too, because it was such an interesting design. Horribly bland overworld, but the town and dungeons were quite spectacular. Still, it was easily the most exhausting Zelda game I've played. Keeping track of events and time was quite demanding, and it didn't help that the world was constantly resetting itself. The save system sucked too.

Phantom Hourglass probably wouldn't fall under '3D Zelda' due to its traditional overhead view. But even if you did call it 3D, it's still better than MM.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

melancholy wrote:
mrandyk wrote:MM is definitly the worst 3d Zelda game, I think everyone could agree on that (Except PH if that is a 3d game, havent played it).
It's a shame, too, because it was such an interesting design. Horribly bland overworld, but the town and dungeons were quite spectacular. Still, it was easily the most exhausting Zelda game I've played. Keeping track of events and time was quite demanding, and it didn't help that the world was constantly resetting itself. The save system sucked too.

Phantom Hourglass probably wouldn't fall under '3D Zelda' due to its traditional overhead view. But even if you did call it 3D, it's still better than MM.
Yea PH was better then MM but it would be right beside it IMO. Having to do that annoying temple OVER and OVER again while on a strict timer ruined it for me. Control wise it was tolerable but I think the regular cross pad controls would have still been better. I never did get through PH either, I just lost interest after doing the same damn maze for about the 4th time.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:
melancholy wrote:

Yea PH was better then MM but it would be right beside it IMO. Having to do that annoying temple OVER and OVER again while on a strict timer ruined it for me. Control wise it was tolerable but I think the regular cross pad controls would have still been better. I never did get through PH either, I just lost interest after doing the same damn maze for about the 4th time.
The thing is, though, that temple in PH is comparable to the major gameplay element of MM, only on a much smaller scale. Repeating the same task over and over, progressing slightly farther each time, and always on a strict time limit. Plus if you leave, everything resets itself. That's pretty much how MM progress through it's entire 30 hour adventure.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

melancholy wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
melancholy wrote:

The thing is, though, that temple in PH is comparable to the major gameplay element of MM, only on a much smaller scale. Repeating the same task over and over, progressing slightly farther each time, and always on a strict time limit. Plus if you leave, everything resets itself. That's pretty much how MM progress through it's entire 30 hour adventure.
That sounds horrific... even in dungeons?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea If im not mistaken the only things you save in MM are your discovered items (like bomb bag, bow, that sort of stuff), your rubies if you put them in the bank are saved. Every time you start a new save you have to try and find arrows, bombs, pretty much any ammo supplies again. What was even more annoying is the fairies that you save are reset. In order to use the fairies you have to discover their fragments, which is basically about 20 well hidden little fairies in the dungeons.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:Yea If im not mistaken the only things you save in MM are your discovered items (like bomb bag, bow, that sort of stuff), your rubies if you put them in the bank are saved. Every time you start a new save you have to try and find arrows, bombs, pretty much any ammo supplies again. What was even more annoying is the fairies that you save are reset. In order to use the fairies you have to discover their fragments, which is basically about 20 well hidden little fairies in the dungeons.
The worse part, though, is the environments affected by time. For instance, the very first world is a jungle that is filled with toxic water. You must find the Deku king, find out what happened, go to the temple at the top of the mountain, complete it and beat the boss that is the source of the foul water. Once that's done, the river clears up and you can now access new areas. But once the three days are up, everything resets. So if you needed to get to an area while the water is clean, you have to beat the boss all over again.