Seperated at birth twins get married

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Seperated at birth twins get married

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

LONDON (AFP) - Twins who were separated at birth and adopted by different sets of parents later married each other without realising they were brother and sister, a peer has told the House of Lords.

David Alton, an independent, pro-life member of the Lords, said the brother and sister were granted an annulment after a high court judge ruled that the marriage had never validly existed.

The Catholic politician -- who discovered the case after talking to a judge -- used it to highlight perceived deficiencies in the government's proposed Human Embryology and Tissues Bill, which is currently going through parliament.

The bill is designed to make it easier for lesbian and gay couples to have children through assisted reproduction, recognising same-sex partners as legal parents of babies conceived through donated sperm, eggs or embryos.

But it contains no provision to require the identity of the donor to be disclosed, potentially meaning a child could not be told they were conceived by assisted reproduction.

Alton raised the case of the married twins -- who were born after IVF treatment -- during a debate on December 10, details of which only appeared on Friday.

"There are implications for everybody involved, but the needs of the child will always be paramount, and it is right that we should therefore make the process as transparent as possible," Alton told the Lords.

IVF -- which increases the chances of multiple births -- meant such cases could become more common if the law does not require children to be told they were donor conceived and have access to their genetic history, he said.

"The right of children to know the identity of their biological parents is a human right," he added Friday.

"There will be more cases like this if children are not given access to the truth. The needs of the child must always be paramount."

The identities of the twins and details of their relationship and marriage have been kept secret, but it was known they were separated soon after birth and never told they were twins.

They only discovered they were blood relatives after the wedding.
http://www.congoo.com/news/2008January1 ... rced-break
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: Seperated at birth twins get married

Post by Veggita2099 »

So wanted to see pics on that one.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
FiendWithoutAface
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by FiendWithoutAface »

Keeping it in the family. Nice.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

When I saw seperated, for some reason I thought they were conjoined twins, seperated at birth, then married.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Quzar wrote:When I saw seperated, for some reason I thought they were conjoined twins, seperated at birth, then married.
Heh, same here. :mrgreen:
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Calavera wrote:
Quzar wrote:When I saw seperated, for some reason I thought they were conjoined twins, seperated at birth, then married.
Heh, same here. :mrgreen:
They would have been the same gender and we know gays can't get married. :roll: