Ebay Hassles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ebay Hassles

Post by Sir Savant »

So About 3 weeks ago I went buying on ebay. A couple of things arrived here, but two items didn't, both from different shippers. Apparently they did arrive in New York (one has delivery confirmation, and the other should have but I have no confirmation for that one) , but there is no record of them here at my University (which is where I get all my mail). I did order shipping on both items.

Is there any way for me to get my money back on the items, either through PayPal+Ebay or the Post Office? It's like $50 down the drain. Anyone have any similar experiences?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Re: Ebay Hassles

Post by Calavera »

Sir Savant wrote:So About 3 weeks ago I went buying on ebay. A couple of things arrived here, but two items didn't, both from different shippers. Apparently they did arrive in New York (one has delivery confirmation, and the other should have but I have no confirmation for that one) , but there is no record of them here at my University (which is where I get all my mail). I did order shipping on both items.

Is there any way for me to get my money back on the items, either through PayPal+Ebay or the Post Office? It's like $50 down the drain. Anyone have any similar experiences?
It's not really fair to get your money back from the seller, since they did ship the items.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Why did the seller ship them to New York? Is your address with Paypal out of date? If so its 100% your fault. Ebay sellers are required to mail your auction to the address given with paypal. IF they don't they set themselves up for a charge back.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Calavera wrote:
Sir Savant wrote:So About 3 weeks ago I went buying on ebay. A couple of things arrived here, but two items didn't, both from different shippers. Apparently they did arrive in New York (one has delivery confirmation, and the other should have but I have no confirmation for that one) , but there is no record of them here at my University (which is where I get all my mail). I did order shipping on both items.

It's not really fair to get your money back from the seller, since they did ship the items.
I meant from insurance, as in the post office. I understand that it isn't fair, I was wondering if the stupid insurance counts for anything or if that only is in effect for damaged goods.
Veggita2099 wrote:Why did the seller ship them to New York? Is your address with Paypal out of date? If so its 100% your fault. Ebay sellers are required to mail your auction to the address given with paypal. IF they don't they set themselves up for a charge back.
I live in NY. I had it shipped here. I was merely stating that it appears to have been delivered, at least to the city, if not my University.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Insurance is good for lost items as well. Inquire at your local post office (not the dorm mail center, the real post office) about it.
Very sexy hero, omg