Suggestions For Securing Wii Sensor Bar Wire

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Suggestions For Securing Wii Sensor Bar Wire

Post by S. Thompson »

My cat chewed through my wii sensor bar wire and now my wii's a piece of junk... so I ordered a new sensor bar... anyone have any creative ideas to protect the precious (and really friggin' fragile) wire going to the wii.

15$ for two LEDs and a wire. :x

- Fuzmeister
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Suggestions For Securing Wii Sensor Bar Wire

Post by arrowhead »

doesnt nyko make a wireless sensor bar? I seem to remember a wireless sensor bar at frys for some reason.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Yeah dude, I'd go for the wireless. It's about $20, and you just recharge the built in batteries via USB whenever you need to.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I've got a wireless that requires 4x AA batteries. So long as I remember to turn it off afterwards and use decent brand batteries, it's not too bad for battery life. The upside is I can also use my Wiimotes on my PC via bluetooth with this sensor bar.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Or if you don't want to go the cordless route, I've found that going to the local hardware store and getting some clear flexible tubing (I think it's vinyl, not sure...) to put over the cord works wonders for a lot of my power cords and stuff behind my entertainment center and computer desk. My cats hate the taste of the tubing anyway, but they make this stuff you can buy at pet stores that stop animals from chewing up stuff and you can coat the tube with it if the tube isn't enough.

Not owning a Wii myself (yet), I don't know if this is a viable solution or not. If you have to fit cords with a large plug, you have to get some wide-diameter tubing to fit over it and it gets more rigid the wider in diameter you purchase. If flexibility is an issue, you can cut the tube into segments and put duct tape over the segmented areas. Not sure how well THAT would work, though.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

I haven't had problems with any of my other electronics, but the cord on that is so damn thin.

- Fuzmeister