Big deals coming with the new year

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Big deals coming with the new year

Post by SuperMegatron »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 45fcb.html

Compusa is dead they are keeping the stores open until just after xmas. Expect huge deals when they close up.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Big deals coming with the new year

Post by |darc| »

I wouldn't get so excited. Earlier this year they closed about half of the CompUSA stores and the closing specials from what I heard were bullshit. The New Orleans store stayed open though. As much as CompUSA sucked, I am going to miss them. They are the only store in the area for computer parts beyond the little stuff that places like Best Buy stock. They were also the only decent Apple dealer in the area. The other dealer is a mom 'n' pop Apple shop and all the guy does is rent Penske trucks out the back. The Mac side of the store is filled with G4-era advertisements and all the software boxes are faded from sunlight and are 5 year old PPC applications.
It's thinking...
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Agreed. I'm going to kind of miss them. As a life long Mac user they were the only place that a decent selection of computers and software for mac. Even though I haven't been there in years. Its my fault they didn't survive. I DIDN'T SHOP THERE ANYMORE!
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

|darc| wrote:I wouldn't get so excited. Earlier this year they closed about half of the CompUSA stores and the closing specials from what I heard were bullshit.
Because they still had retail stores?

I think it'll be a bit bigger this time seeing as the chain will cease to be this time not just closing a bunch of stores.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have never seen a Compusa. Must be a west coast thing or something?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

^^no, there used to be 2 in my area (one in buffalo and one in rochester) but in the last mass closing of stores, the buffalo location is no longer opened.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

The ones in the Chicago area closed about a year ago. I went to their Going-out-of-business sale and there was already nothing left. CompUSA was my store of choice until I discovered MicroCenter and TigerDirect.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Have they already started the clearance sales yet? Because I'm making a trip to Indy tomorrow, and I'd love to get some good deals.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

good riddance.

i have had my run in with them and their crappy customer service. years ago they touted their "we'll match any price" thing. so when i went there with a ad from office max for a hard drive they basically gave me the run around for 40 min, finally knowing i would not leave they just flat out told me "no, we won't match this"

2nd time when i went to buy something and went to trade in used ink cartridges they would not take them because it came to about a dollar less than the product i was buying. so screw them

office max takes them now and does not give me crap about it.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

CompUSA didn't manage their inventory or pricing very well. CompUSA's target audience of techies is the same group of people who will look online and find NewEgg, TigerDirect, and Amazon with far lower prices, larger selection, and better access to information and specifications. you know, such that you can actually BYOPC.

Selling 5-year old PS2 games for $40 is simply a terrible understanding of product life cycles. Same goes for any item that devalues quickly. These stores are not isolated bubbles. If the price is too high, consumers will take their money elsewhere.

When the CompUSA near me in Overland Park closed, it was still the same BS. They had tiny markdowns like 10% for many days before slowly dropping prices in like 5% increments. Mere days from closing their doors, most of the stuff still cost more than NewEgg.

If you happen to have a MicroCenter nearby, count your blessings and check it out. Best retail computer store, though there are only a few locations. Great selection on all kinds of PC components, and you can actually buy some things cheaper than the web.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sounds like they are about as good as Sun Electronics. I had my fair share of problems fighting with them over a rebate back around 1996ish.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Veggita2099 wrote:Sounds like they are about as good as Sun Electronics. I had my fair share of problems fighting with them over a rebate back around 1996ish.
There used to be one of those around here for a very brief time. Then they turned the old store in an HH Gregg (which was actually a pretty decent store) for short time, and now it is a Goodys Clothing store. :?
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Veggita2099 wrote:Sounds like they are about as good as Sun Electronics. I had my fair share of problems fighting with them over a rebate back around 1996ish.
:lol: i forgot about them
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!