Wrecked my truck last night

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wrecked my truck last night

Post by bizzle »

Rear ended someone in a chain of people slamming their brakes for no reason.

It's fixable but I am not going to bother, so my brother is buying it from me for what I'd get scrapping it.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Re: Wrecked my truck last night

Post by that_guy »

/me is waiting for someone to ask if you were high when driving
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I wasn't.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

What'd you hit?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

The back of a Mazda Tribute.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Nooo! The S10? That sucks Xylene.

Whats next?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

that_guy wrote:/me is waiting for someone to ask if you were high when driving
First question I was expecting :lol:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Code-Red wrote:Nooo! The S10? That sucks Xylene.

Whats next?
Was supposed to be a 93 Acura Integra but the kid doesn't want to sell it now. Considering that, I am pretty boned now because it was the only thing I could afford that wasn't a pile of shit.

I can't even finance something because I'm on my mom's insurance policy and for it to be insured the car (and therefor car loan) would have to be under her name, which is impossible.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

bizzle wrote:

Whats next?
Was supposed to be a 93 Acura Integra but the kid doesn't want to sell it now. Considering that, I am pretty boned now because it was the only thing I could afford that wasn't a pile of shit.

I can't even finance something because I'm on my mom's insurance policy and for it to be insured the car (and therefor car loan) would have to be under her name, which is impossible.
Not even if she cosigns the loan?
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Ride that bike you just bought.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

butters wrote:
bizzle wrote:

Whats next?

Not even if she cosigns the loan?
She won't and can't.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

bizzle wrote:Rear ended someone in a chain of people slamming their brakes for no reason.

It's fixable but I am not going to bother, so my brother is buying it from me for what I'd get scrapping it.
That really sucks, overcautious drivers piss me off the most over every other kind of driver.
Yesterday when I was on my way home on the Freeway there was this guy going slow in the overtaking lane (with his whole family in the car), and everybody was having to cutting in front of traffic semi-trailers, etc to get around them, it's people like that who cause accidents (just like yours).

I try to maintain a good gap behind people, I actually just do it automatically now gives you time to react in situations like that.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

JellyWarrior wrote:
bizzle wrote:Rear ended someone in a chain of people slamming their brakes for no reason.

That really sucks, overcautious drivers piss me off the most over every other kind of driver.
Yesterday when I was on my way home on the Freeway there was this guy going slow in the overtaking lane (with his whole family in the car), and everybody was having to cutting in front of traffic semi-trailers, etc to get around them, it's people like that who cause accidents (just like yours).

I try to maintain a good gap behind people, I actually just do it automatically now gives you time to react in situations like that.
I had time to react, there was just nothing that could be done. It was rush hour traffic in the rain.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I almost rear ended a guy even with a sizable gap, I looked to the left for all of two seconds and everyone in front of me had slammed on their brakes like morons because some guy couldn't get into the turn lane fast enough.

I hit the brakes and veered to the right, nowhere near hitting them or anyone else but it could have easily happened had it rained or my brakes weren't top notch.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Yeah it does happen so easily (as it did with bizzle).
At least you are insured (your mum's insurance covers you right?)
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Go to a auction. Usually at the ones I go to anything pre 1999 goes for nothing. The dealers grab everything else. My bro got a 1997 mustang at one with 120k miles for 800 bucks.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

bizzle wrote:
JellyWarrior wrote:

I had time to react, there was just nothing that could be done. It was rush hour traffic in the rain.
The fact that you hit someone says that you didn't have time to react.
No signature.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

toastman wrote:
bizzle wrote:
JellyWarrior wrote:

The fact that you hit someone says that you didn't have time to react.
Oops, that was a typo.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

get a ford probe
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX