Tattoo assassins on Dreamcast?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
dmtgamepack
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tattoo assassins on Dreamcast?

Post by dmtgamepack »

I know the Dreamcast can emulate some aracde roms via Mame , but is it possible for it to emulate Tattoo assassins? If any one knows where to beguine on this one or can point me in the right direction. Thanks all......
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Tattoo assassins on Dreamcast?

Post by Juan »

Not likely.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

The arcade games emulated on DC are mostly (very) old 8-bit games. The only more "modern" arcade system that has any decent emulation support is the NeoGeo.

Besides, since this game was never actually released, it doesn't have much of a following and thus is not very likely to have someone interested in creating an emulator for it.
dmtgamepack
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dmtgamepack »

How much time would it take for someone to code a emulator for it? No any weekend warriors that you can refer me to? Might be able to offer some finical persuasion… I love playing it on my PC, but would like to play it on the TV with out going threw a PC to do it. I just love the simplicity of having all my old fav emulate by the Dreamcast. I know the dreamcast has the procession power to run the game. I just need a dreamcast emulator for it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

dmtgamepack wrote:How much time would it take for someone to code a emulator for it? No any weekend warriors that you can refer me to? Might be able to offer some finical persuasion… I love playing it on my PC, but would like to play it on the TV with out going threw a PC to do it. I just love the simplicity of having all my old fav emulate by the Dreamcast. I know the dreamcast has the procession power to run the game. I just need a dreamcast emulator for it.
There aren't many people left who code for DC, and something that resource intensive would take a lot of time and effort to get working at any kind of playable speed--and that's even IF there's good documentation for how the arcade hardware works. And even then, it would probably be very slow and buggy.

So even *IF* there is an open-source PC emulator
and *IF* that emulator is written in a way that makes it possible to port to DC
and *IF* you find someone willing to take up the challenge
and *IF* that person is able to get everything running

it will probably take a very long time, and result in something that will run quite poorly.

I hate to disappoint you, but realistically, it's just not going to happen.
dmtgamepack
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dmtgamepack »

Well, I thank you for letting me know. I seen the Simpson aracde "Simpsons/Vendetta Pack"- and thought maybe it was possible with this game.
Thanks so much for explaining it too me. I think I will hang around here maybee I might learn some more:) Im glad I found the site.....
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

What makes you wanna play that horrid game anyway? :P
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

Tyne wrote:What makes you wanna play that horrid game anyway? :P

I was about to say I think he is the only one who likes that game... althought, I have been interested in checking out.. just because I've heard so much about it... but I bet this guys likes to play street fighter the movie too haha (also another game I wouldn't mind checking out.... looks for a cheap sega saturn)
crabcakes
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

DaMadFiddler wrote:The arcade games emulated on DC are mostly (very) old 8-bit games. The only more "modern" arcade system that has any decent emulation support is the NeoGeo.
Neo4All and AES4All run both full speed if frameskip is deactivated, MAME4All runs everything up to and including CPS1 (which is 16bit too). :)
Insane homebrew collector.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I'd rather play Blood Storm :P
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
dmtgamepack
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dmtgamepack »

Thanks for flaming me and my tread here. That’s real mature. Also thank for hijacking my tread for a conversation on something unrelated to the problem. I had considered this tread closed with DaMadFiddler comment. I for sure don’t have to defend what type of games I like to the likes of you. Thought this site was full of helpful and nice People who don’t mind people’s diversity I guess they all can’t be like DaMadFiddler.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

dmtgamepack wrote:Thanks for flaming me and my tread here. That’s real mature. Also thank for hijacking my tread for a conversation on something unrelated to the problem. I had considered this tread closed with DaMadFiddler comment. I for sure don’t have to defend what type of games I like to the likes of you. Thought this site was full of helpful and nice People who don’t mind people’s diversity I guess they all can’t be like DaMadFiddler.
Hey we're just curious, don't take it so harsh. I love crappy games too, it's just interesting to see what motivates others to play them.