Credit Cards?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Credit Cards?

Post by MKE »

but if you have all those cards, how much in open credit do you have?
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

MKE wrote:but if you have all those cards, how much in open credit do you have?
2/3. Nothing is more than half and one card has $0 on it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I am 25 and am trying to apply for my first credit card, I had so so much trouble getting approved and now it's taking forever for my card to actually arrive!
[/quote]

It's the most common Catch22 in the world. They won't approve you for a credit card because you have no credit history, and you can't easily get credit history without a card. I ended up getting my first one with a cosigner.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Lartrak wrote:
I am 25 and am trying to apply for my first credit card, I had so so much trouble getting approved and now it's taking forever for my card to actually arrive!
It's the most common Catch22 in the world. They won't approve you for a credit card because you have no credit history, and you can't easily get credit history without a card. I ended up getting my first one with a cosigner.[/quote]

It's weird, because I recently got a credit card a few weeks ago, and yesterday I got an AT&T account without a deposit, and neither of them said anything about my credit. They just gave it to me. These are the first things I've signed up for.
It's thinking...
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Lartrak wrote:
It's the most common Catch22 in the world. They won't approve you for a credit card because you have no credit history, and you can't easily get credit history without a card. I ended up getting my first one with a cosigner.[/quote]
Yea and the stranger thing is that it's because of my new job, they want 6 months of continuous employment.

I recently took up a high paying job, that means that when I was making almost no money at all running my business I had less chance then now when I can easily afford it.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

bizzle wrote: No shit. I can't get approved, which is ridiculous because I have good credit and a decent paying job.
Hmmm. Try going to dodge or GM and getting one of there 0% interest rate loans for a new car. Then use your credit cards to pay the insurance.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

At the end of the day if you can't get a credit card then it's probably a good thing anyhow because it means that you're not spending money that you don't have.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I got a credit card to build credit. That's quite literally the only reason, as almost all the time I actually use a check card instead. Someday I'm going to want to do stuff like buy a home (probably within two or three years, actually).
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Lartrak wrote:I got a credit card to build credit. That's quite literally the only reason, as almost all the time I actually use a check card instead. Someday I'm going to want to do stuff like buy a home (probably within two or three years, actually).
Same here. I'm not into spending money that isn't mine, so I'll probably just wind up using my debit card when I can let go of the habit of always using cash.
It's thinking...