New Free Oblivion content this week only!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

New Free Oblivion content this week only!

Post by Nico0020 »

The last set of Oblivion content, seems pretty decent too! I downloaded it to my 360 and will check it out this weekend after midterms.
Fighter's Stronghold - DLC6
Defeat the attacking marauders and become lord of Battlehorn Castle. Located in the Colovian Highlands west of Chorrol, this expansive castle will allow you to live the life of a noble warrior, with private quarters, grand dining hall, wine cellar, barracks, training room and more. And what castle would be complete without a few hidden passages and dark secrets?

Features:

* A fully detailed castle for you to explore

* Knights of the True Horn patrol the castle and do your bidding

* Secret treasure vault

* Upgrade the furnishings in every area of the castle

* Hire a vintner to create special wines to enhance your fighting abilities

* Hire a combat trainer to spar with

* Hire a taxidermist to craft lifelike trophies for your great hall

* Purchase an ancient Dwemer Forge that buffs your Armorer skill

Source: http://elderscrolls.com/downloads/updat ... ghold.html
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Free Oblivion content this week only!

Post by Luriden »

I downloaded it, I'll check it out later. The file size is only 9mb, which is pretty meager compared to the other Oblivion expansions.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Heck for free I will get it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I can't complain since this was free, but I'm left with the impression that this was meant to be something more, but it wasn't finished and released as is.

My guess is that this is intended to be the equivalent of Frostcrag Spire for fighting characters given that you get a forge, personal trainer, etc.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I just bought Oblivion again recently, and while my girlfriend was relieved once I told her that I had beaten all guild quests and the main story missions, I saw the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine bundle at Best Buy for $30. So, I'm playing SI now. Reeeeaally awesome. I can't wait to get the internet again someday so that I can download all of this content that is constantly buzzed about.

What other kind of cool mods and downloads are there for Oblivion on Xbox Live? The only ones I really knew of were like.. Horse Armor and stuff. Do they make the PC homebrew mods available for download on Xbox Live?

I guess what I'm trying to ask for is a number... Just about how many downloads are there similar to this one discussed available on Xbox Live right now?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

I think there are about 8 or so downloads available. Only a few of them are worth it. Don't bother with the spell tomes. FrostCrag Spire is worth it if your character leans more towards using magic and you don't have a place to hang your hat. You can summon a familiar to aide you in battle. Mehrunes' Razor is a decent side quest, but how valuable the loot is depends on your character. Mine more fits along the lines of a Battle Mage, so it doesn't seem like The Thieves' Den or the Vile Lair are suited for my character. As for what you bought, that should keep you busy.

Unfortunately, none of the PC mods are available for the 360 version. I don't see this changing.
Jeeba Jabba wrote:I just bought Oblivion again recently, and while my girlfriend was relieved once I told her that I had beaten all guild quests and the main story missions, I saw the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine bundle at Best Buy for $30. So, I'm playing SI now. Reeeeaally awesome. I can't wait to get the internet again someday so that I can download all of this content that is constantly buzzed about.

What other kind of cool mods and downloads are there for Oblivion on Xbox Live? The only ones I really knew of were like.. Horse Armor and stuff. Do they make the PC homebrew mods available for download on Xbox Live?

I guess what I'm trying to ask for is a number... Just about how many downloads are there similar to this one discussed available on Xbox Live right now?