Smash Bros. Brawl: Pretty Much the Best Game Ever

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Smash Bros. Brawl: Pretty Much the Best Game Ever

Post by DaMadFiddler »

So far, we have learned that Smash Bros. Brawl has a customizable and unlockable soundtrack, a Special Brawl mode that lets you toggle all the rules and tweaks individually, contains Sonic, Wario, Solid Snake, Pit, and Lucas, has online play, contains some really comprehensive single-player modes, supports a number of custom control schemes, and will let you save screenshots and replay videos to download to your computer or send to friends.

Now:

Custom level creation.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Re: Smash Bros. Brawl: Pretty Much the Best Game Ever

Post by Lartrak »

:o
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Is there just a weekly announcement for Brawl? Because it seems like every week, something new is announced.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

This is even starting to appeal to me. I usually don't like those type of games, but then again I loved the first one for the N64. I never did play the rest of them though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Now, let's see...if they'd throw in Simon Belmont and Megaman, get rid of those damned Friend Codes, and (pipedream here) add a character creator, they'd have the fighting game to end all fighting games. Seriously. It's already got just about everything else you could possibly want.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Veggita2099 wrote:This is even starting to appeal to me. I usually don't like those type of games, but then again I loved the first one for the N64. I never did play the rest of them though.
Rest of them? There's only been one other...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

DaMadFiddler wrote:if they'd throw in Simon Belmont and Megaman, (...), and (pipedream here) add a character creator, they'd have the fighting game to end all fighting games.
No.
DaMadFiddler wrote:It's already got just about everything else you could possibly want.
No.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

BoneyCork wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:This is even starting to appeal to me. I usually don't like those type of games, but then again I loved the first one for the N64. I never did play the rest of them though.
Rest of them? There's only been one other...

Oh I thought there was 2 for the 64 and 2 for gamecube, shows how much I pay attention.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Damn. I might need a Wii soon. I loved Melee to death on Gamecube, but I thought I was done with the series. However, this will definitely be the best SSB game ever.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Yeah it looks pretty damn awesome. I second megaman. I wish they would chill out with some of the pokemon stuff though. A Chocobo would be cool :)
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

For the last month Ive been wanting this game more than a heroin addict wants his heroin, when I saw the "create your own stage" update this morning at 2am I realized I want this game more than any other game ever. I just dont see what more Nintendo could feasibly add to make this game better besides characters.

Perhaps some "mini" games that you can unlock which actually turn out to be the best Dreamcast games. "I unlocked Sonic and Sonic Adventure!"
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

mrandyk wrote:For the last month Ive been wanting this game more than a heroin addict wants his heroin, when I saw the "create your own stage" update this morning at 2am I realized I want this game more than any other game ever. I just dont see what more Nintendo could feasibly add to make this game better besides characters.
More online options?
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I always kinda forget about online and how it is so important to some people. It would be important to me as well if I was able to have high speed internet (dont even mention the satelite internet ive heard it a million times and since Im moving soon it wouldnt be a smart idea) and actually get online with my wii.

I was looking at the Brawl site today and noticed that they dont even have Luigi listed as a character. Gives me hope that Marth will still be announced to be in this game. I need Marth.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

melancholy wrote:Is there just a weekly announcement for Brawl? Because it seems like every week, something new is announced.
No, no weekly announcement. However, they do have someone posting news once a weekday on Smash Bros. Dojo.
DaMadFiddler wrote:get rid of those damned Friend Codes
Why? Do you want them to be sued out of existance?

Besides, it's not the same as the DS. The codes are one per console, not one per game.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

They need to get on the airwaves now. All the grubby, smelly nerds that played SSB in middle school are now grubby, smelly college kids with loan checks.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

BlackAura wrote:Why? Do you want them to be sued out of existance?
Why would they get sued? That makes no sense. How would allowing you to battle against random online people lead to them getting sued? Friend codes are the lamest idea ever. I'd like to just be able to hop on and play online without having to call a friend and organize a game ahead of time. Xbox Live's system is nearly perfect and I wish the Wii and PS3 would just copy it instead of using the lame online systems Nintendo and Sony came up with.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I think you can play against random people but you have no way over ever finding out who it was and no way of communicating with them because the macros are disabled in that mode. I remember reading something about that on the website but can't seem to find it now.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Why? Do you want them to be sued out of existance?
[/quote]

Yep. Just like happened with every other online system so far!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I guess the big thing Nintendo has is they are scared to death some kid with stupid parents will get on-line with a game and get involved with an adult doing inappropriate things. That is what parental controls are for. Don't screw everybody because of a handful of stupid people. Most games with on-line support have a extra warning label that warns on-line content may change. Honestly IMO if somebody is at least 13 (which is a T rating right?) they should be old enough to have enough sense to know right from wrong.

I get so sick of censorship because of lazy parents. Animal Crossing for the DS could have been great if it wasn't for those damn friend codes.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

SinisterTengu wrote:Why would they get sued? That makes no sense. How would allowing you to battle against random online people lead to them getting sued?
First, it already does that.

Second, remember that this is Nintendo. Like it or not, a lot of people still associate them with games for kids. Remember how much flak they got for Pictochat, which required physical proximity for the evil child molesters to ensnare and kidnap your precious offspring who are apparently too stupid to look after themselves for fifteen seconds?

That is why no Nintendo online game allows you to talk with people you don't already know, require mutual consent to add each other as friends, and only allow you to play with random strangers or people on your friends list.

Of course, Veggita2099's right - none of this stuff should be necessary.

Still, things like requiring mutual consent, and restricting communications to non-friends would remain, even if Nintendo did get rid of the actual codes themselves. Even if you only have a load of 8-year olds playing an actual kids game, there's still the potential for bullying, or other kids being annoying little [expletive deleted]s (see Xbox Live, or most PC games, particularly those with voice chat), or adults playing a kid's game and introducing inappropriate content (particularly chat, and so on).

The "think of the children" brigade have left the likes of Xbox Live alone, because they don't percieve it as a threat. As far as they're concerned, kids aren't actually going to be playing online games on an Xbox (which is completely wrong, of course). Although they will complain loudly that games containing adult content actually exist...

Basically, the choice is between the system Nintendo have already with all the restrictions, Nintendo having to employ an army of people to monitor everything that goes on online, or no online play at all. I honestly don't think Nintendo could get away with something like Xbox live without some moron deciding to file a class-action lawsuit because their little brat was allowed to have contact with some person on the other side of the planet, who may be (but probably isn't) an evil child molester.
Hasney wrote:It's not, annoyingly...
It's supposed to - Wii games are supposed to use the Wii system number. Pokemon Battle Revolution uses it's own codes, for some reason, but I don't think any other game does it. Mario Strikers certainly doesn't.