Evolution isn't real and the world is flat

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Evolution isn't real and the world is flat

Post by JellyWarrior »

Zealous zerotype wrote:Just to go on with what he actually believed. Also, I don't hate others for believing god or other things I have my own personal beliefs and I rarely talk about them much less preach about them. I just think people need to find their own beliefs in life and I happen to follow the science world a lot. BTW, if you havn't read up on string theory it is really intresting and all of the work being put into it is really astonishing.
I REALLY recommend watching this doco http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/everything.html because it is extremely interesting.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Lartrak wrote:I think the more important thing to note here is that one of the host's of the View said if her kid asked her if the world is flat, she'd say yes. The stupidity of this baffles me. What does she think happens when you circumnavigate the globe? A teleporter just slaps you on the other side, ala Asteroids? Apparently, even the most minute amount of theoretical thinking is too complex for her.

So let's all gather round and mock her stupidity, rather than arguing about stuff.
She never said she believed the world was flat. She said she didn't know. And if her kid asked her, she said she'd say "let's go to the library". No less stupid, but we may as well get the facts right when we're laughing at her.

Oh, and she did issue a retraction the next day. Said she was too caught up in the moment to actually think, or something. I dunno.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

greay wrote:
Lartrak wrote:I think the more important thing to note here is that one of the host's of the View said if her kid asked her if the world is flat, she'd say yes. The stupidity of this baffles me. What does she think happens when you circumnavigate the globe? A teleporter just slaps you on the other side, ala Asteroids? Apparently, even the most minute amount of theoretical thinking is too complex for her.

So let's all gather round and mock her stupidity, rather than arguing about stuff.
She never said she believed the world was flat. She said she didn't know. And if her kid asked her, she said she'd say "let's go to the library". No less stupid, but we may as well get the facts right when we're laughing at her.

Oh, and she did issue a retraction the next day. Said she was too caught up in the moment to actually think, or something. I dunno.
I didn't claim she actually said she thought the world was flat, but it certainly looked like she said, "Yes" to me as the other hosts talked over after she responded to the question about her kids asking her. Then she added the library remark. I may have misheard though, of course.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Lartrak wrote:
greay wrote:

I didn't claim she actually said she thought the world was flat, but it certainly looked like she said, "Yes" to me as the other hosts talked over after she responded to the question about her kids asking her. Then she added the library remark. I may have misheard though, of course.
I agree.
It's thinking...
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I don't know what's worse. People believing the world is flat or believing the View is a forum for intellectually stimulating debate.
No signature.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

toastman wrote:I don't know what's worse. People believing the world is flat or believing the View is a forum for intellectually stimulating debate.
It just amuses me that Whoopi is the one who comes across looking OK, for the most part. Usually in anything like that she looks like an idiot.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

The View sucks.

Religion 4tw.