So on this video card thing...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So on this video card thing...

Post by MKE »

I originally planned on doing just a 1950pro crossfire. wouldnt be to bad, i already have one ati card and could get the other for less then 100$.

But i now have access to a new in box, straight from ATI, HD 2900XT 512MB DDR3 card for 270$.

which would you do? Stick to the plan, or sell the one card and pick up the new one.

I know dx10.1 is coming out with new hardware, but these things only pop up once in a while (year).

The card, on ebay and newegg goes for 400-450$. so it can't be that bad of a deal.

WWYD?

Oh, and if i stick with the original plan, i would also upgrade my processor (OC'ed 6300, 2.4ghz right now till i get 800mhz ram) to the q6600.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: So on this video card thing...

Post by Chaniyth »

Just so you know, the ATI Radeon HD 2900XT REQUIRES an HD Display (Monitor or TV), and will not work with a standard monitor, as it only has outputs: HDMI, TV -- this pretty much goes for all the "HD" line of cards.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i could swear it supports DVI, hdmi, component, svideo, and composite. It comes with a DVI-HDMI adapter...but either way, my monitor (HP w1907) supports hdcp, and the tv it's connected to has an hdmi input as well.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

MKE wrote:i could swear it supports DVI, hdmi, component, svideo, and composite. It comes with a DVI-HDMI adapter...but either way, my monitor (HP w1907) supports hdcp, and the tv it's connected to has an hdmi input as well.
Sweet then your good to go. :mrgreen:

$270 for that card is not bad at all! That's damn near $100+ cheaper than even newegg.com! :thumbsup:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.