ALMOST enough to make me want a PSP...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ALMOST enough to make me want a PSP...

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...I am not interested in the PSP as a platform. The technology is impressive, but I think it was ill-designed for portable needs. There aren't very many games of interest on it, and about half the ones I would want have been ported to PS2/DS/Wii, anyway. It seems that Sony's whole routine this generation is turning out impressive hardware, then grossly mismanaging it with poor software libraries and insane policy decisions.

But I digress. THIS absolutely makes my mouth water, and I hope to god it gets ported to something else. (For those of you unfamiliar, I've written about it before).

EDIT: To make sure it works right, you may want to right-click and download that first link, rather than clicking straight through
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: ALMOST enough to make me want a PSP...

Post by melancholy »

The PSP is the greatest homebrew handheld available. That is enough to warrant a purchase from me. But even beyond that, there are enough software titles out to keep my interest in the PSP. And if this whole Pandora's Battery thing turns out well, I might just invest in a PSP Slim as it will fix most of the complaints I had about the PSP plus add the option of homebrew, which will be awesome.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Now that the psp slim is coming out you can grab regular psp for around $100. If you seriously cant waste $100 on the amazing system the psp is you really dont deserve to complain. Only huge issue with the psp is its kidna like the sega saturn. Not a single good game comes state side and you have to import almost every damn game.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm just looking forward to this so much:

That and the emulation are making me keep my PSP. Can't believe they're even starting to get decent speeds with N64 emulation now. Still a long way from high compatability and playability, but it's getting there. Mario 64 is about 30fps now without sound. I've got ff7 and ff8 up and running nicely too now which is beautiful.

I know it's a bit big for a handheld, but the homebrew scene has already got so much out of it and is still amazingly active. Almost everyday either something new comes out for it or something old gets improved. Fantastic device.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

I'm looking forward to trying out Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Always had this series in the corner of my eye but just never got round to playing them. It's a shame there's no online mode in this one, it's just begging for it!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

BoneyCork wrote:I'm just looking forward to this so much:

That and the emulation are making me keep my PSP. Can't believe they're even starting to get decent speeds with N64 emulation now. Still a long way from high compatability and playability, but it's getting there. Mario 64 is about 30fps now without sound. I've got ff7 and ff8 up and running nicely too now which is beautiful.

I know it's a bit big for a handheld, but the homebrew scene has already got so much out of it and is still amazingly active. Almost everyday either something new comes out for it or something old gets improved. Fantastic device.

So is that actually a game or just some sort of movie coming out? In any case looks interesting.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:So is that actually a game or just some sort of movie coming out? In any case looks interesting.
The last 30 seconds of that video would have answered that question. It demonstrated some of the gameplay, though despite my desperate desire to play this game, I must admit my skepticism towards the battle system. Something about it didn't sit well with me, and the slots at the top also have me concerned.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I like how the new Castlevania PSP game evidently plays exactly like the 2D ones, just with FANCY NEW 3D GRAPHICS. It reminds me of the early PSX games.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Lartrak wrote:I like how the new Castlevania PSP game evidently plays exactly like the 2D ones, just with FANCY NEW 3D GRAPHICS. It reminds me of the early PSX games.
It's not "just like" anything; it's a remake using 3D graphics. Like the Megaman games. It is a comprehensive remake of Dracula X for PC-Engine, which also includes the original version and Symphony of the Night on the disc.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
Lartrak wrote:I like how the new Castlevania PSP game evidently plays exactly like the 2D ones, just with FANCY NEW 3D GRAPHICS. It reminds me of the early PSX games.
It's not "just like" anything; it's a remake using 3D graphics. Like the Megaman games. It is a comprehensive remake of Dracula X for PC-Engine, which also includes the original version and Symphony of the Night on the disc.
Wow, that's actually pretty nice. I've wanted to play Dracula X for a while.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

As much as i would love to have that, its not enough to make me go out and buy a PSP just so i can play one game.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Ceeg wrote:As much as i would love to have that, its not enough to make me go out and buy a PSP just so i can play one game.
Bah!. the whole 1 game thing or the PSP not having any good games is getting old now, i still don't see how people can still say that when the is a lot of good games already out for the system and even more on the way.

And even if you didn't like any of the games on the PSP, it's home brew and emulation scene is enough reason to own one anyways.