Customer buys 20 Wiis..

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Customer buys 20 Wiis..

Post by StriderXg2 »

..At my work last night, and went to another city and bought out all their Wiis, and his plan? To sell them, and when the department manager came in this morning was pissed. Why? Limit one per customer, and yeah, a lot of people were coming in the next few weeks and months for these still hard to find consoles. Now we wont get any for a few months. fucking greedy bastard. Including tax, my asst manager told me they costed the guy (not including the other citys Wiis)6000$. fucking greedy bastard.I used to be in electronics deptment and i would not have let that guy do that, and my asst. manager found more for him, unknowingly let him OK the buying of the 20 Wiis. id found out about after they were sold out. no games, just the consoles.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Re: Customer buys 20 Wiis..

Post by mrandyk »

Id be pissed if my parents wouldnt have given me a wii, I still have yet to see one in a store for sale. I wonder how much money that guy spent on all of his wiis.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I think it's more the fault of whoever sold the Wiis to him. That had to kill your margin due to not having any games or accessories in the sale. $6000 of sold-at-cost merchandise.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Sounds like someone's getting fired
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

pixel wrote:Sounds like someone's getting fired
...out of a cannon.

Into the sun.

</Futurama>
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Oddly, noone got fired, written up, or anything. I guess there was no rules or posting about an official way of selling them.Back in early last December we had a second wave of Wiis, it was like launch day all over again. I had to organise the entire spectacle, from seating chairs to self made waiting numbers. some people walked out for the night and came back in the morning with different clothes acting like they were there in the store from 1am to 8 with their tickets i made them, and they would have had to remain in the store to have one.

they wernt able to be sold until 8 the next morning, and oddly my brother just happened to be there, i had one more self made ticket, and he got one by waiting. i had several complaints from customers who wanted to call in and have it reserved and waiting when they got there. my asst. manager at the time let a woman reserve one. fucking bitch was a pain in the ass who couldnt get one and we needed our co manager to calm her down. after all the waiting, i had co owned a Wii with my brother for 2 weeks. it was nice, but, he sold it around christmas for a little over 400$, with Zelda, making only a 100$ profit when this machine was nowhere to found.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I too was thinking about selling my wii around Christmas, glad I didnt though as it would only have been like a $100 profit and I still have yet to see them in stores.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I am still baffled at how well this system is selling considering there aren't any games besides Zelda that would make me want to play for anything beyond 30 minutes. Granted, those mini-games are fun to play. However, I need something compelling to keep me in front of a tv and little mini games just don't cut it.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:I am still baffled at how well this system is selling considering there aren't any games besides Zelda that would make me want to play for anything beyond 30 minutes. Granted, those mini-games are fun to play. However, I need something compelling to keep me in front of a tv and little mini games just don't cut it.
Kids I imagine are the #1 reason? I know my uncles house has 3 little kids between his 2 and his wives daughter. They are nuts over the Wii even though the only games they have for it are the craptastic tv show/movie games that are also on the PS2. All they see is its new and has a fancy controller and thats enough to make them happy.

I just wonder if just being rare makes people want them to much? Also once again to the average parent they see $250 for a system that includes games to play. Price I am sure helps abit as well.

While I am pretty content with my Wii, it would be the first system to go if I had to give something up. I am enjoying Paper Mario an aweful lot right now though., it has got to be the best downloaded game on there thus far that I have played.
Far as Wii games go I have played and really like Zelda. Wii Sports was fun for about an hour. Actually its a fun game to get non-gamers together and play with (IE parents, relatives, etc). Same can be said for that Wii-Play considering it was basically a $10 game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

That salesperson should definitely be reprimanded for that. Think about all those customers who would've bought a Wii and at least a couple games. Your store lost sales and indirectly customers (looking elsewhere for their purchases). Just like stores in America, the Okinawan stores NEVER have Wiis but shelves full of PS3s.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:I am still baffled at how well this system is selling considering there aren't any games besides Zelda that would make me want to play for anything beyond 30 minutes. Granted, those mini-games are fun to play. However, I need something compelling to keep me in front of a tv and little mini games just don't cut it.

The only reason its selling so good is because its a gimmick and people are suckers for gimmicks.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Ceeg wrote:

The only reason its selling so good is because its a gimmick and people are suckers for gimmicks.
People said that exact same thing about the DS, they all ate their words.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

APE wrote:
Ceeg wrote:

The DS isn't as much of a gimmick as the Wii is.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Ceeg wrote:
APE wrote:
Ceeg wrote:

Really? I'd say they are about equally gimmicky.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Lartrak wrote:
Ceeg wrote:
APE wrote:
Ceeg wrote:

I agree, though the Wii has a tremendous amount of untapped potential, whereas the DS has pretty much seen the extent of it's abilities, imo.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

ace wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Ceeg wrote:
APE wrote:
Ceeg wrote:

I agree, though the Wii has a tremendous amount of untapped potential, whereas the DS has pretty much seen the extent of it's abilities, imo.
The Mic is about the only thing really untapped and that is mostly due to people being unable to find a use for it. Feel the Magic and Diddy Kong Racing both basically had you blow into the thing to use it, which to be honest felt like they included it because they had a check list of things the DS could do and they had to include them all.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I can see why you would call the wii a gimmick, but once games that really use the wiis potential come out I am sure you will change your mind. Like say some great fps games where it has near mouse control, or a fishing game where you can actually swear you are fishing.

The wii will take a long time to reach its full potential if it ever does, there are so many different ways you could use the wiimote. The ds it is just a screen where you cant expand from it, innovative, but doesnt have the potential the wii has to expand. (if the ds failed the wii wouldnt have come out anyways according to Nintendo.)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The Nintendo DS has plenty of potential, however it is usually wasted on GBA quality games with 2 screens and a pointless touch feature that would more then likely be easier to use through the select screen. Not to say there is not good titles on the system, however of all the games I have played only a couple really feel like they are upgrades from the GBA.

Thus far the more advanced game I have seen on the system is Mario 64, that is what kills me about it.

Far as Wii goes I really don't know how its goign to work out. All I am going to say is I have bought 2 games for this system. Zelda TP, and Wii Play. Wiiplay was mainly for the controller, game itself gets dull in about 15 minutes. Oh I did rent Super Paper Mario. Was a great game, although it could have VERY easily been a GC title.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Veggita2099 wrote:The Nintendo DS has plenty of potential, however it is usually wasted on GBA quality games with 2 screens and a pointless touch feature that would more then likely be easier to use through the select screen. Not to say there is not good titles on the system, however of all the games I have played only a couple really feel like they are upgrades from the GBA.
You always say that. You greatly overestimate the abilities of the GBA.
Veggita2099 wrote:Thus far the more advanced game I have seen on the system is Mario 64, that is what kills me about it.
I assume you are talking about graphics here. Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart both have graphics that blow Mario 64 out of the water.
Veggita2099 wrote: Far as Wii goes I really don't know how its goign to work out. All I am going to say is I have bought 2 games for this system. Zelda TP, and Wii Play. Wiiplay was mainly for the controller, game itself gets dull in about 15 minutes. Oh I did rent Super Paper Mario. Was a great game, although it could have VERY easily been a GC title.
Yeah, there's still a shortage of good Wii games right now. We go through this with every new console released (yes, including the Xbox 360 and PS3). You get a few good games at launch, then have to wait a year for more good games.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Veggita2099 wrote:Far as Wii goes I really don't know how its goign to work out. All I am going to say is I have bought 2 games for this system. Zelda TP, and Wii Play. Wiiplay was mainly for the controller, game itself gets dull in about 15 minutes. Oh I did rent Super Paper Mario. Was a great game, although it could have VERY easily been a GC title.
I too have only purchased 2 wii games, Zelda and Super Paper Mario. I have rented several more though (mario party 8, scarface, resident evil 4, spiderman 3, bust a move bash). I do believe I am going to buy Metroid Prime 3 next month since it is one of the 3 big games Nintendo is coming out with this year and I really want a great game to play on my wii even though I actually hated Metroid Prime 1 on the cube (never played 2, liked hunters on the ds though).

And Super Paper Mario was a gamecube game originally, same with Zelda. But they actually released Zelda on the cube.