Sonic & The Jaggard Edges at the olympics

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Sonic & The Jaggard Edges at the olympics

Post by cube_b3 »

Specially Cork

Re: Sonic & The Jaggard Edges at the olympics

Post by Specially Cork »

We all know this game is going to be a cheaply-made track & field clone franchise whore-fest, which is a shame, considering it is Mario and Sonic's first game together. Showing them competing in a sprint proves the game is completely devoid of all the character's unique abilities, so they are only there for the $$$.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Sonic & The Shitty Textures at the olympics
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cid Highwind »

And what's with the teletubbies add anyway? Did they censor out the gay one as well? Damn this game stinks.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Yep... it's going to suck, and peoples perception of Mario will be dragged down a litttttle closer to Sonic's level because of it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

TyBO wrote:Yep... it's going to suck, and peoples perception of Mario will be dragged down a litttttle closer to Sonic's level because of it.
Wha???
Sonic>>>Mario
The end.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The game designs of Sonic and Mario are very different. One doesn't replace another. However, the camera in Sonic's games does suck, most sidekick's levels are boring, and I always felt that Sonic's homing attack was a quite lazy workaround for the difficulty of aiming jumps in a 3D environment.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Manoel wrote:The game designs of Sonic and Mario are very different. One doesn't replace another. However, the camera in Sonic's games does suck, most sidekick's levels are boring, and I always felt that Sonic's homing attack was a quite lazy workaround for the difficulty of aiming jumps in a 3D environment.
I was talking about the character, not the games :D
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

I still would love to know whos bright idea it was to make the first game these two appear together in an Olympics style game instead of a Platform adventure.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Ceeg wrote:I still would love to know whos bright idea it was to make the first game these two appear together in an Olympics style game instead of a Platform adventure.
Its all about the $ on this game. Since its sonic and mario together it will sell so rather than putting actual work into it and making a great platform game like most people wouldve rather seen, they make another one of those mario sports games except a lot simpler and with sonic. If it had to be a sports game why not be like Mario and Sonic at the baseball stadium, or the snack bar.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

mrandyk wrote:
Ceeg wrote:I still would love to know whos bright idea it was to make the first game these two appear together in an Olympics style game instead of a Platform adventure.
Its all about the $ on this game. Since its sonic and mario together it will sell so rather than putting actual work into it and making a great platform game like most people wouldve rather seen, they make another one of those mario sports games except a lot simpler and with sonic. If it had to be a sports game why not be like Mario and Sonic at the baseball stadium, or the snack bar.

Wouldn't a platform adventure game make more money since more people would want that rather than this piece of crap we're getting.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Since this is Sonic & Mario, I will probably bet the game will be good. Why? Nintendo does not like releasing crap games of their key franchises. When was the last bad Mario game? You probably have to go back to the Mario is Missing or what not to find a crappy Mario or the 3DO for a crappy Zelda game.

Plus, screen shots just don't do justice when you are talking about 60 frames per second.

However, in a race between Sonic and Mario, Sonic would just run laps around a chubby dude like Mario...I just don't get it.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:Since this is Sonic & Mario, I will probably bet the game will be good. Why? Nintendo does not like releasing crap games of their key franchises. When was the last bad Mario game? You probably have to go back to the Mario is Missing or what not to find a crappy Mario or the 3DO for a crappy Zelda game.

Plus, screen shots just don't do justice when you are talking about 60 frames per second.

However, in a race between Sonic and Mario, Sonic would just run laps around a chubby dude like Mario...I just don't get it.
Some debate that Mario Sunshine was a bad game ;) I didn't mind it, but a lot of people didn't like it.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Skynet wrote:
Sultan of Saturn wrote:Since this is Sonic & Mario, I will probably bet the game will be good. Why? Nintendo does not like releasing crap games of their key franchises. When was the last bad Mario game? You probably have to go back to the Mario is Missing or what not to find a crappy Mario or the 3DO for a crappy Zelda game.

Some debate that Mario Sunshine was a bad game ;) I didn't mind it, but a lot of people didn't like it.
As much as I disliked Mario Sunshine (mainly because it was insanely hard) it was better then the last few Sonic games. I don't know that I would go as far as to say it was total crap though. When I think about it there was not really any terrible Mario games that I can think of other then like you said Mario is missing perhaps.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Well you cant really put the 2 together in a platform game when their games are completely different. Sonic is all about speed and you run through the stages as fast as possible without stopping. Mario you dont go nearly as fast and you will spend some time in each area trying to defeat all the enemies.

I just dont see how you can combine the two unless you have it be like sonic adventure 2 where sonic does his thing and then have mario be like tails or something. Or you can greatly reduce sonic's speed to stay with mario but then he just isnt sonic anymore.

I say they just shouldve put him in brawl and hyped it greatly.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

As much as I wouldn't like to see Sonic in Super Smash Brawl, I have to agree with mrandyk the over hyped brawl would be better then what we are getting.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I think it would of been great to see levels where you'd start with either mario or sonic and then you'd have to switch chars to complete a certain part. This game just looks bad :(
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

BoneyCork wrote:
Manoel wrote:The game designs of Sonic and Mario are very different. One doesn't replace another. However, the camera in Sonic's games does suck, most sidekick's levels are boring, and I always felt that Sonic's homing attack was a quite lazy workaround for the difficulty of aiming jumps in a 3D environment.
I was talking about the character, not the games :D
They're both so ludicrous they're great. I have to give Mario a few more points than Sonic though, for not being "EXTREME" and other such words, and having a voice that isn't completely retarded.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Zealous zerotype wrote:I think it would of been great to see levels where you'd start with either mario or sonic and then you'd have to switch chars to complete a certain part. This game just looks bad :(
Sonic Heroes?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I thought Sonic Heroes too. Yeah... :|
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800