Keyboard & Mouse for Dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
PZO
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Keyboard & Mouse for Dreamcast

Post by PZO »

Is Keyboard & Mouse for DC wort buying if i dont use my DC as internet browser?
What games other than Quake 3 supports them? PSO or ...?
Are there any homebrew software that i might support them?
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

'Chatting' in PSO is a lot easier with a keyboard - but AFAIK you can only do the multilingual chat thing (which is *really* cool) with the controller...

DoomDC use them, so does Unreal Tournament, and I *think* OutTrigger does as well...

Apart from DoomDC I *believe* DreamSNES has mouse support, and I'm pretty sure DCLinux uses both as well; SarienDC will only work with a keyboard - and thats about all I can think of offhand.

They're *probably* worth buying, if only because when they're gone they're gone - SEGA won't be making anymore
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I would say that if you have any slight desire to get one, buy one. I haven't seen a mouse for the DC in months, and I finally found one at Gamestop for $14.99. Keyboards are more abundant I guess because of PSO, but they are still somewhat difficult to find because few stores are truly supporting the DC.

If history is a teacher, then we can use the Saturn as our best tutor. Currently, accesories like 3rd party controllers are readily accessible as well as 1st party analog controllers and netlinks, but the mouse, keyboard, mission stick, racing wheel, and especially the twin sticks are getting harder to find. Not to mention, the Sega Saturn lasted longer than the Dreamcast.
Only777
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Some of that sticky icky, ooo weee!

Post by Only777 »

Get the mouse & Keyboard becuase you dont know what some one is gonna make next from dreamcast.....
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

ya, id say go 4 it, i regretted selling my keyboard, an i got another one. there really worth having
Only777
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Your not hearing me.

Post by Only777 »

[quote=Only777]
Get the mouse & Keyboard becuase you dont know what some one is gonna make next from dreamcast.....
[/quote]

I dont think you heard me.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Heh, what are you planning on making 777? :D
Monti Rock
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Monti Rock »

[quote=Chalavet]
I would say that if you have any slight desire to get one, buy one. I haven't seen a mouse for the DC in months, and I finally found one at Gamestop for $14.99. Keyboards are more abundant I guess because of PSO, but they are still somewhat difficult to find because few stores are truly supporting the DC.
[/quote]

14.99? My mother in law bought one from a thrift shop for --get this-- ONE DOLLAR!!!!!!!!