FS: Palm TX, or trade for PSP

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FS: Palm TX, or trade for PSP

Post by MKE »

As title says. *For sale, Make offer please*

I traded something for it a while ago off these forums (dont remember what) but anyway, i forgot i had it until i was cleaning out my car.

It works 100%, has hardly ever been used. Still have original box and everything. Will include 1gb sd card and all the palm software you could ever want.

I'll even trade it for a psp w/ mem card or something. It's been sitting for about a year now not doing anything.
Last edited by MKE on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Re: Trade Palm TX For a PSP

Post by Roofus »

MKE wrote:It's been sitting for about a year now not doing anything.
:lol: So has the Xbox I traded you for it.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

lol, thats what it was, the modded xbox.

It seemed like a good trade at the time, and thought id use it for school. About the only thing i used it for at school was browsing the web, and playing SMB.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

MKE wrote:lol, thats what it was, the modded xbox.

It seemed like a good trade at the time, and thought id use it for school. About the only thing i used it for at school was browsing the web, and playing SMB.
I learned the hard way that PDAs are really only useful if you have a job that requires you to keep track of tons of tasks and dates.

I bought an early one when I was 16, because I thought it would help with school. Not really. It's now in a drawer somewhere in my brother's room at my parents' house, and probably hasn't been used in several years.

My dad got me a Handspring Visor to go with the computer I got for college, thinking it might help with class. It was fun to tinker with for a little bit, but not really useful. I ended up selling it.

I got a Tapwave Zodiac for Christmas '04. Again, it was really fun to tinker with, and it has found some limited use as an MP3 and movie player on road trips. But I didn't really use it until I started working for the school district, and had a ridiculous amount of detailed information to take in and push out each day. I use it a lot now, but it sat around for two years before it really found a purpose.

PDAs are really just expensive toys to tinker with, except under very specific circumstances. Most of the time, you spend more time seeing what you can get it to do than actually DOING any of those things with it...and it doesn't do any of what it does as well as a hundred other, more specific (or more advanced) devices. I've had a few different devices, but I really didn't do anything productive with PDAs until I started working in a government office.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I find my Palm TX is quite useful as a way to type out documents in any situation, since I have a keyboard for it. That's been the only really legitimate school use I've gotten out of it - typing stuff when I'm at school or sometimes on trips when I don't feel like lugging my laptop with me. I'd probably use it for note taking, as I can type faster than write, but I haven't had any note heavy classes lately.

I also sometimes use it as a mobile wifi device, usually to look up stuff. For example, at Best Buy I've looked up DVDs I'm thinking about buying. It's also nice as a mobile media platform, for movies, etc, when on trips.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i've thought about getting a keyboard for it, but i really would never use it. I'd rather invest in a tablet notebook if i'm going to do that.

So the only thing i'd use it for is music, movies, emulators, and the ocassional web browsing. That's why i want a psp.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

MKE wrote:i've thought about getting a keyboard for it, but i really would never use it. I'd rather invest in a tablet notebook if i'm going to do that.

So the only thing i'd use it for is music, movies, emulators, and the ocassional web browsing. That's why i want a psp.
I wasn't really trying to argue you should keep it - Palms are definitely a generally limited, niche type of thing, and I can totally understand why you're getting rid of it. I was just responding to Fiddler, really.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

no, i was agreeing with you. I was just giving myself a bump. :wink:
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

bump, it's going on ebay thursday. They aren't charging listing fee's now so i'm going to be taking advantage of it.

Post at all if your interested and what you can afford to spend. I need money right now and if you'll use it, i'll make ya a deal.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: FS: Palm TX, or trade for PSP

Post by Chaniyth »

I have a Palm Treo 755p (Smartphone) and I can do a shitload of stuff on it, games, homebrew, emus, movies, mp3, internet radio, listen to live radio stations across the country, watch live TV, internet, etc... to each their own I guess. :)
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.