Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by BlueCrab »

Luriden wrote:Ninety Nine Nights (Xbox 360)
I have enjoyed that game quite a bit, although I've read a lot of people didn't like it so much. Just be forewarned, your army is about as dumb as doornails.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

Boom Boom Rocket (XBLA)
Worms (XBLA)
Sonic The Hedgehog (XBLA)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

BlueCrab wrote:
I have enjoyed that game quite a bit, although I've read a lot of people didn't like it so much. Just be forewarned, your army is about as dumb as doornails.
I've heard bad things about the game, but it's pretty much free since I'm gonna be selling Crackdown.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Luriden wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
I've heard bad things about the game, but it's pretty much free since I'm gonna be selling Crackdown.
I played it for almost an hour before selling it. It was the worst Dynasty Warriors clone I've ever seen. Plus it didn't help that the game actually glitched out on me during the tutorial stage.
Black Ninja
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Location: Top Secret if you knew my where abouts I'd have to kill ya.

Post by Black Ninja »

The Darkness (xbox360)
Super Paper Mario (wii)
Hey if you think your playing video games too much Play More!!!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I got Ninety Nine Nights in the mail today. It wouldn't be half bad if it had CHECKPOINTS. I played the second mission for an hour, got to level 2, got all kinds of cool gear, full health, and the Troll at the end killed me in three hits and I had to start the mission over. They even set your level back to the way it was when you first started the mission and take away all the items you received. What a shame. I mean it does get tiring tapping the X button forever, but it would still be tolerable if it had checkpoints of some kind.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Managed to bag an PS3 (asian model) from Hong Kong for HK$3700 (about £230/$470). Got it before sony announced the PS3 price slash, would have waited if i had known! (but still cheaper than most places even after price cut)

First game tried was Gran Turismo HD, which looks incredible on 50" 1080p. I'm scared to even look at my PS2 games :uhh: .

First game bought was Super Stardust HD for £5.

Right now it's jam packed with demos from all the Playstation Stores, but will be expecting to purchase RR7 and Everybody's Golf 5. Maybe Tekken 5:DR when they get the online mode sorted out soon.

Only downside is the asian model can only play Japanese PS2/PSX and region 3 DVDs, but really isn't too much of a problem for me. Just as long as the PS3 games are multi-region... (don't do anything stupid sony!)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Luriden wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:

If im not mistaken there is a demo of it on Xbox live? If its the game Im thinking of I didn't care much for it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Luriden wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:

If im not mistaken there is a demo of it on Xbox live? If its the game Im thinking of I didn't care much for it.
Yeah, there's a demo of it. I played it a long time ago and thought it was okay.

And the game is pretty good now. It's like most RPGs where you get what you put into it. If you're stuck on a mission, you can go back and play a previous one until you level up and get some decent items, and then you'll end up kicking the crap out of the part you were stuck on. Some of the special orb attacks are quite fun to use as well. I'm enjoying the Myifee missions right now. His double-sided blade is awesome.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The Matrix Path of Neo (Xbox) - 97¢
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

melancholy wrote:The Matrix Path of Neo (Xbox) - 97¢
Wow, not a bad deal. Where'd you get it at?

And I changed my mind yet again about Ninety Nine Nights. I got to the last mission with Myifee, spent over an hour on it, got ~2,500 kills, leveled up twice, found his strongest weapon, and I got glitched as I was running up to the final boss. I ran into an invisible wall, which turned out to be a statue 10 seconds later when I moved the camera and saw the statue flash, then go away again real glitchy-like. The boss kept running into me, sandwiching me between him and the wall, and that went on for like 30 seconds before he finally decided to try attacking. I died since I couldn't move. Fucking cheap. I want an hour of my life back, since I'll have to start all over now.

I feel your pain, melancholy.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Paper Mario Wii VC
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Luriden wrote:
Sears. They had quite a few games on clearance, but the only ones that sounded good were ones I already had. Most of the games they had were marked between $3-5, as was this one, but for some reason when I took it up to the register, it ran up 97¢. We checked some others, but they all rang up correctly, so I guess Path of Neo was just a price error or something. I didn't complain.
Luriden wrote:And I changed my mind yet again about Ninety Nine Nights. I got to the last mission with Myifee, spent over an hour on it, got ~2,500 kills, leveled up twice, found his strongest weapon, and I got glitched as I was running up to the final boss. I ran into an invisible wall, which turned out to be a statue 10 seconds later when I moved the camera and saw the statue flash, then go away again real glitchy-like. The boss kept running into me, sandwiching me between him and the wall, and that went on for like 30 seconds before he finally decided to try attacking. I died since I couldn't move. Fucking cheap. I want an hour of my life back, since I'll have to start all over now.
That is exactly what happened to me, only the other way around. I was suppose to have a one-on-one match with some guy for training. Except once the match starts, he does some kind of backflip and then runs in place. I can't get near him to fight him, and he's stuck in some kind of invisible wall doing his running animation. I eventually found a way to hit him, but once he dies, the game never registers the kill and never progresses the story. I could have just started over, but I figured if I'm only 15 minutes in and it already is severely glitching, the rest of the game probably isn't going to be much better.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Oh yeah, my purchase today:

Paper Mario (VC)
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Luriden wrote:

And I changed my mind yet again about Ninety Nine Nights. I got to the last mission with Myifee, spent over an hour on it, got ~2,500 kills, leveled up twice, found his strongest weapon, and I got glitched as I was running up to the final boss. I ran into an invisible wall, which turned out to be a statue 10 seconds later when I moved the camera and saw the statue flash, then go away again real glitchy-like. The boss kept running into me, sandwiching me between him and the wall, and that went on for like 30 seconds before he finally decided to try attacking. I died since I couldn't move. Fucking cheap. I want an hour of my life back, since I'll have to start all over now.

Man if you feel that way try playing Ring of Red for about three hours straight and just to end up losing. I never went back to playing that again.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

politoe wrote:
Luriden wrote:

Man if you feel that way try playing Ring of Red for about three hours straight and just to end up losing. I never went back to playing that again.
"Ring of Red"? Sounds like an Xbox 360 game.

OOOOOOH, BURRNNNN.

j/k 360, me <3 you.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Luriden wrote:
politoe wrote:
Luriden wrote:

OOOOOOH, BURRNNNN.

j/k 360, me <3 you.
I was going to do the 360 joke, but backed out once I found out it was a PS2 game. :lol:
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

melancholy wrote:
Luriden wrote:
politoe wrote:
Luriden wrote:

OOOOOOH, BURRNNNN.

j/k 360, me <3 you.
I was going to do the 360 joke, but backed out once I found out it was a PS2 game. :lol:
Same here.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

That's why I said it SOUNDS like an Xbox 360 game. I Googled it before I made the joke, I had never heard of it before.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Paper Mario and rented Overlord. Paper Mario is pretty good, Overlord is not so good. Kinda like a watered down boring Pikman. I think instead of say you are "Evil" on there they should say your "Mischievousness" instead. But really the Demo was more fun then the game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665