Sega 32X Technical Demo

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Sega 32X Technical Demo

Post by GyroVorbis »

I picked up a Genesis/CD/32x bundle with a considerable amount of Sega CD and 32x games (even those shitty FMV CDX games were there) from some yard sale for like $30 about a year ago. It's pretty cool I think (because I payed next to nothing for it, I'd be calling it a piece of shit if I had bought it new). I like to get it out occasionally for the "what the fuck is that" factor. Knuckles Chaotix is probably my favorite. It's pretty fun multiplayer, but it honestly doesn't look any better than Donkey Kong Country for SNES.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlackAura »

Luriden wrote:Knuckles Chaotix was decent, but it could have been done on a Genesis.
Not really, no. A similar game could have been done on a standard MD, but it would have been missing a lot of graphic and sound features. Aside from the obvious special stages, it used the 32x graphics hardware to do scaling and rotation, and the sound hardware to play the music (which really could not have been done on a MD).
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
Been thanked: 0

Post by Matisfaction »

Calavera wrote:
Luriden wrote:I got a 32X back when they first came out for $150 I think.
Ouch, I bet your'e still hating Sega.
I think the 32X was something like £149.99? in the UK when it was released, the Mega CD was £260 and yes I bought them both! :(
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Calavera wrote:
Not really. I was what, 7 or 8 at the time? It's not like it was MY money.....but yeah, I wanted a Super Nintendo and I didn't get one until the Christmas they put Super Mario World + All Stars as a pack-in, which was towards the end of the life cycle imo. My dad kept buying me Sega products for whatever reason. :lol:

I did however really enjoy the Sega CD. I still do. I still have a crapload of games for it.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Luriden wrote:
Calavera wrote:
Not really. I was what, 7 or 8 at the time? It's not like it was MY money.....but yeah, I wanted a Super Nintendo and I didn't get one until the Christmas they put Super Mario World + All Stars as a pack-in, which was towards the end of the life cycle imo. My dad kept buying me Sega products for whatever reason. :lol:

I did however really enjoy the Sega CD. I still do. I still have a crapload of games for it.
Sega CD was alright, but I think you had to have owned one back in the day to enjoy it.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Hasney wrote:Most devs sacrificed texture quality for slightly better draw distance.

Honestly, even in that tech demo, the only game they could have done was "SUPER FOG DRIVER XTREME"
Would have been better then 36 Great Holes or Tempo.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I bought a 32x at Wal-Mart when it was reduced to $20... I got Knuckles Chaotix and a couple other (forgettable) games.

I remember wanting a Sega Saturn SOOOOOO much for Virtua Cop ( my god i love light gun games), and Gex. Also the promise of new Sonics and other things in 3D had me starry eyed.

... but then the Nintendo 64 came out, and I saw Mario 64.... played it at BlockBuster once and then have been converted to Nintendo ever since.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

MulletMan13 wrote:I bought a 32x at Wal-Mart when it was reduced to $20... I got Knuckles Chaotix and a couple other (forgettable) games.
OMG, I'm not the only one. I remember I was only about 10 or so. I thought I was going to get such a huge deal with getting a new system for $20. Then I played Star Wars Arcade.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

pixel wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:I bought a 32x at Wal-Mart when it was reduced to $20... I got Knuckles Chaotix and a couple other (forgettable) games.
OMG, I'm not the only one. I remember I was only about 10 or so. I thought I was going to get such a huge deal with getting a new system for $20. Then I played Star Wars Arcade.
Polygonal goodness
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Calavera wrote:
pixel wrote:
Polygonal goodness
Indeed, one of my favourite games on the system
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Perhaps I should buy a 32x and star wars arcade, I saw them both last weekend for a grand total of $15 combined. But then I would have to get a genesis...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

mrandyk wrote:Perhaps I should buy a 32x and star wars arcade, I saw them both last weekend for a grand total of $15 combined. But then I would have to get a genesis...
It'd be worth cause Genesis does what Nintendon't.