R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: R.I.P. WRESTLERS

Post by Lunchbox »

gamedudex2 wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:
gamedudex2 wrote:
pavelbure wrote:i wouldnt put the blame squarely on the wwe as far as the roids issue goes. you go into any gym, and you'll see a lot of the weightlifters there are taking some sort of drug, whether it be legal or not.
ya but benoit never did roids until he was in the wwe though. look at his body from early career til wwe. it wasnt a job requirment until he was in the wwe.
Except it isn't a "job requirement" like you insist on saying, and the WWE does perform drug tests. They even released a statement saying Benoit was clean as of April. Granted they're finding all sorts of shit at his house now but I still wouldn't blame the WWE.
but drug test dont prove anything. if he has asubscription to any drugs its not counted. also since hes a major star its not counted eithe
they only mention drugs if you arent a major star, benoit is a major star so he wouldnt have to worry.

randy orton failed several drug tests over the past 2 years, til recently. several times for steroids, and some for cocaine, he didnt get fired but got promoted. chris masters failed drug test for roids, and got rehab, why because he wasnt a major player, now hes getting a psh and has failed a recent drug test, but isnt getting in trouble, becuase hes getting a bigger spot on smackdown.

the wwe drug test policay isnt really strict about anything even roids, its pretty much a joke. wwe did one a while ago in the 90s, but had to void it because it would affect storylines, same with the current one.

vince has personally handed several wrestlers steroids on several occasions pre offering public stock in the company. and even then, aslo vince was and is a steroid user himself. same with his son in law triple h. hes been off them for over a year though, as you can tell by the gutt triple h now has. but just watch him make his return all ripped again.

bobby lashley is a roid user, rey mysterio as well. rey is a perfect example that roids is a job requirement in the wwe.

look at him pre wwe, skinny, look at him wwe, ripped compared. the guys way to big for his height, and because of the roids hes a shell of his former self, no wear near as athletic, because of him bulking up so much.
1. No. You're mixing rumors and bullshit with facts and you're not providing sources to backup any of these claims. Vince personally hands steroids to his employees? Bullshit.

Workers don't get punished when they fail drug tests? Wrong. Under the guidelines they get penalized, not fired. When Randy Orton failed his tests he was pulled from house shows and forfeited his bonuses:
http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/1671

Also, when Chris Masters and Joey Mercury failed their tests they were sent to rehab. When Masters came back he was half his original size! And why should prescription drugs count when they're legal?

and 2. Theres a huge difference between "Vince likes big guys" and "Doing steroids is a WWE job requirement", and if you think the latter is the truthful statement then you need to pull your head out of your ass. You can't always assume steroids are involved when a guy bulks up, its bullshit. A lot of these guys work hard to tone their bodies. Look at Lashley. He's been working out even before he joined the army. He's been doing it his whole life, why would he need steroids?

We know Vince likes the bigger guys but the employees choose which way they want to go about getting bigger. Even then theres only one real way to go about it since the WWE performs drug testing. So why does the blame fall on Vince and the WWE when they have measures put in place to prevent wrestlers from juicing? If you nudge them one way, and they go another, who's to blame? Lets put things in perspective here:

Say for example... I owe the government tax money. If I rob a bank to get the money, is it the government's fault? No.

So really now, stop playing the blame game on Vince and the WWE. The wrestlers are adults who make decisions regarding their bodies and personal wellbeing for themselves.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29695

BRYAN "CRUSH" ADAMS FOUND DEAD
By: Bob Ryder
8/13/2007 1:48:01 PM

Former WWE tag team champion Bryan "Crush" Adams was found dead today according to an announcement at WWE.com.

Adams retired from the ring after a spinal injury in 2003 and had worked as a bodyguard for Randy Savage during the promotional tour of Savage's CD. He had last worked for a major wrestling company in 2001 when he and partner Brian Clark (Kronik) worked briefly in WWE.

The cause of death is unknown at this time.

1Wrestling.com sends condolences to the friends and family of Bryan Adams.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Sorry for the bump, but there were a good amount of deaths that went unannounced this past year:

Karl Gotch (the inventor of the German Suplex)
Dewey Robertson (a.k.a Missing Link)
John Kronus (1/2 of the ECW tag team "The Eliminators" with Perry Saturn)
Fabulous Moolah (it surprised me that she wasn't in this thread)
Angel of Death
Arman Hussein
Chase Tatum (some of you may remember that name from his brief stint in WCW earlier in the decade)

There's more than that, these are just wrestlers that I had heard of and/or seen.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i did't get to add those, the missing link was one of my all time faves of the awa

moolah died because of a blood clot due to her operation. she was going to wrestle again at 100. mae young will get he chance if she holds up to 100, vince promised her lol thats gonna be scary..

cronus was awesome, until he goe al druged up and fat, but for a big man he could move well.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Damn I remember seeing Kronus in XPW against Homeless Jimmy, both were great performers.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

politoe wrote:Damn I remember seeing Kronus in XPW against Homeless Jimmy, both were great performers.
well xpw is coming back from the dead this summer

http://www.thexpw.com
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Two female legends just passed recently.

Judy Grable passed on the 8th, she's best known for being the one that The Fabulous Moolah beat in an NWA tournament for her first title reign.

Penny Banner passed on the 13th and was best known for being the AWA's first women's champion.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

"SPECIAL DELIVERY" JONES HAS DIED
By: Bill Apter
10/27/2008 11:35:42 AM
Last night I received this email from Mr. Jerry Roberts --

It is with a heavy heart that must regretfully inform you that my uncle SD Jones passed away today on his native island of Antigua from complications related to a stroke. He was 64 years. Please inform the wrestling community. thank you.

I spoke with Mr. Roberts a few moments ago, reminiscing about "S.D." and what a great guy he was -- how everyone in the business loved the man.

"He was always there for his fans," Jerry told me. "He even kept photos of himself in his car years after he retired in case someone recognized him and wanted a photo. He was just such a nice person and we miss him so very much."

Jerry went on to tell me that after S.D. (real name Conrad Efraim) retired a few years ago he and his wife moved from the Bronx to his native Antigua.

"He looked so good when I saw him last week," Jerry recalled. "He was trim, looked like he could get back in the ring too! He and my aunt were so happy in their new home and this stroke just seemed to come out of nowhere last week and he passed yesterday. It's a very sad day for us all."

All of us here at 1wrestling.com send out sincere condolences to his family and friends.

his most famous moment was his 9 second loss to king kong bunday at wrestlemania
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

test has died.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509218,00.html
Andrew "Test" Martin, a former WWE wrestler, was found dead in his Tampa, Fla. apartment late Friday night, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

Neighbors called police after seeing the 33-year-old motionless over a span of several hours.

The cause of death wasn't immediately known, but police said foul play isn't suspected. An autopsy will be performed.

Martin joined the WWE in 1998 and won many of the organization's major titles before suffering a severe back injury, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

He was known for his on and off-screen relationship with Stephanie McMahon, the daughter of WWE head Vince McMahon, FOXSports.com reported.

In July 2004 Martin had spinal fusion surgery. He was released from his WWE contract several months ago, MyFOXTampaBay.com reported.

Martin tried several unsuccessful comebacks after his injury, but failed a drug test and was suspended in February 2007, FOXSports.com reported.

In April 2008, Martin was arrested on a DUI charge in Tampa, FOXSports.com reported.

He is the fourth ex-professional wrestler to die in the Tampa area in the past two years.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Gertrude "Luna" Vachon, Former WWE Wrestler, Dead At Age 48

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/201 ... 62451.html
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

Goodbye Mach Man. I'm curious to see if he was wearing a seat belt.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... test=faces
Pro wrestling superstar Randy "Macho Man" Savage died after having a heart attack while driving his Jeep Wrangler, Fox News confirms.

The accident happened in Seminole, Fla.

A source tells Fox News that he "suffered a heart attack while driving and hit a tree."

Florida Highway Patrol said Savage, 58, leapt a concrete median, veered into oncoming traffic and smashed into a tree head on.

He died from his injuries at largo Medical Center.
Related Slideshow

Savage, whose real name is Randy Poffo, had just celebrated his first wedding anniversary with his wife Lynn. It was his second marriage.

Lynn was in the car at the time of the accident, which was first reported by TMZ. She suffered only minor injuries.

He married his first wife Elizabeth Hulette, better known as "Miss Elizabeth," in 1984. They divorced in 1992. She ended up dying from a drug overdose in 2003.

World Wrestling Entertainment said in a statement that Savage's death was a huge loss.

"WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of one of the greatest Superstars of his time, Randy Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Poffo was under contract with WWE from 1985 to 1993 and held both the WWE and Intercontinental Championships. Our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends. We wish a speedy recovery to his wife Lynn. Poffo will be greatly missed by WWE and his fans."

The wrestling world took to Twitter to grieve over the former wrestler.

"He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him," Hulk Hogan posted on his Twitter account.

"RIP Randy 'Macho Man' Savage - you were one of my childhood inspirations and heros. Strength, love and prayers to the Savage/Poffo family," Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson said on Twitter.

"I lost a close friend today. If anybody in heaven is wondering who the cat in the ugly cowboy hat is it's Randy. Love you Bro. Never another," Kevin Nash tweeted.

Savage helped put WWF wrestling on the map in the 1980s and '90s, becoming, along with Hulk Hogan, one of its biggest draws. His outrageous outfits and his "Oooh Yeah!" catchphrase made him a fan favorite.

He also used to be the pitchman for Slim Jims.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... z1MwCE9mTd
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

The article I read said he was wearing a seatbelt. Also said that he had a heart attack just before driving straight into the tree.
dcxbox
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by dcxbox »

sucks, because savage was going to make a comeback of sorts. He was supposed to make an online announcement in a few weeks. SAD. He just Married his first true love last year, a girl he was wish before Liz.