Be careful where you tread in here...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0

Manhunt 2 reworked for new rating!

Post by melancholy »

I must give Rockstar props. It looks like nothing was lost in the editing. It still appears to be as intense as ever!

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Been thanked: 0

Re: Manhunt 2 reworked for new rating!

Post by DaMadFiddler »

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with Manhunt 2 getting an AO rating. I mean, I understand that video games are treated more harshly than more traditional forms of media, but seriously. Manhunt was an incredibly sick, brutal game. If the sequel is supposed to be *moreso*, well...yeah. Of course, I don't understand how things like the (also sick, disturbing) Saw movies got away with an R rating when Robocop got an X, either.
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

DaMadFiddler wrote:To be honest, I don't really have a problem with Manhunt 2 getting an AO rating. I mean, I understand that video games are treated more harshly than more traditional forms of media, but seriously. Manhunt was an incredibly sick, brutal game. If the sequel is supposed to be *moreso*, well...yeah. Of course, I don't understand how things like the (also sick, disturbing) Saw movies got away with an R rating when Robocop got an X, either.
It probably should get an AO rating, and I think we need AO games. That's just part of video games broadening their horizons.

But when you take into account that (AFAIK), there's official word from both Sony and Nintendo that they won't allow AO games on their consoles... that makes it incredibly hard to justify leaving the game w/the rating as is.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

greay wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:To be honest, I don't really have a problem with Manhunt 2 getting an AO rating. I mean, I understand that video games are treated more harshly than more traditional forms of media, but seriously. Manhunt was an incredibly sick, brutal game. If the sequel is supposed to be *moreso*, well...yeah. Of course, I don't understand how things like the (also sick, disturbing) Saw movies got away with an R rating when Robocop got an X, either.
It probably should get an AO rating, and I think we need AO games. That's just part of video games broadening their horizons.

But when you take into account that (AFAIK), there's official word from both Sony and Nintendo that they won't allow AO games on their consoles... that makes it incredibly hard to justify leaving the game w/the rating as is.

THIS IS NULL
JUST A :guffaw: WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE
STOP RUINING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR SERIOUS POINTS!!!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BoneyCork wrote:
greay wrote:

THIS IS NULL
I'll point YOU seriously... :knife:
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Maybe if they renamed it Foxhunt it would be okay.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Maybe if they renamed it Foxhunt it would be okay.
Didn't you hear? Foxhunting is illegal now because they are cute.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

BoneyCork wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:Maybe if they renamed it Foxhunt it would be okay.
Didn't you hear? Foxhunting is illegal now because they are cute.
NO! NOT FIREFOX!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

melancholy wrote:I must give Rockstar props. It looks like nothing was lost in the editing. It still appears to be as intense as ever!

Still a lot more violent than Mortal Kombat for the SNES.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

BoneyCork wrote:
greay wrote:

THIS IS NULL

I'm sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. It's just... ever since my parents were killed by a pack of roving wolves, leaving me to fend for myself in the great big world with no one to count on but myself, it's just hard to find it in my heart to laugh. I don't want to bring y'all down, it's just... well, every time I hear a joke, all I can see is their smiling faces... And I just have to break down and cry.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

BoneyCork wrote:
greay wrote:

THIS IS NULL
STOP RUINING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR SERIOUS POINTS...IN MY PANTS!!!!
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Cause Robocop was X-TREME