So I got an M3 Simply...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So I got an M3 Simply...

Post by jessman »

I wanted one mainly for movies, homebrew, and having the ability to play games with full multiplayer instead of the sometimes half-assed download play. I don't, however, want to unlock everything again in Mario Kart, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, and Advance Wars - Dual Strike, etc. Does anyone know of a website that has DS .sav files? I checked Zophar and Gamefaqs to no avail. One has nothing and the other has weird Action Reply and Code Breaker saves. Thanks for any help given.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: So I got an M3 Simply...

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have been thinking about something along the lines of a M3 for a long time, however I am not 100% sure what all I need to do what I want.

Basically ID like to be able to use Emulators on my DS (both GBA and DS emulators I suppose), and to keep it legal Id like to be able to play homebrew roms for the DS. I know I used to love PocketNES, ashame my 64meg GBA cart quit working (won't go into the 256 I bought that NEVER worked).

Since this thread is on that topic anybody recommend what I need to do all of that basically?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Well, the M3 Simply doesn't support GBA roms currently because it goes right in the DS slot without any flashing or Passcards or crap like that. The M3 Lite supports GBA as well as DS, but it's $80 and you need a Passcard and microSD card that are both sold separately. The Simply costed me $39.99 and all you need in addition is a microsd card. They have up to 4GB now, so...lots and lots of games! It comes with a cd and a card reader and it's played every DS game I've thrown at it without the slightest issue. The built-in mp3 player works like a charm, and converting videos with the cd is a snap. The only issue I've had is that I can't get certain homebrew apps working, but some need light converting for the simply and maybe I'm just too dumb to find what I need. NES emulation is still iffy, but the SNES emulator runs full-speed with sound for the most part. It's a tad glitchy at points, but Zelda, Mario, and Megaman run full-speed for me without frame-skip! Some of the good emulators for other systems don't have sound implemented yet, but overall the Simply gives you the most bang for your buck. I don't condone warez, but DS roms are pretty easy to come by, if you use torrents or crap like that. If you wanna know anything else, just let me know.

Now...Ahem...Can someone PLEASE point out them .SAV files? Any help is appreciated.

<^_^>
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

My DS Simply has a cheat option for most games, thus eliminating the need for save files. If that's not quite what you're after, have you tried gamefaqs?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

Skynet wrote:My DS Simply has a cheat option for most games, thus eliminating the need for save files. If that's not quite what you're after, have you tried gamefaqs?
He already said he checked gamefaqs ;)
jessman wrote:[Gamefaqs]has weird Action Reply and Code Breaker saves
After a bit of searching, i found some guy who has made a .duc(Action Replay) to .sav converter. I've not used it myself so I don't know how reliable it is.

http://eatyourexam.com/?p=89
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

jessman wrote:Well, the M3 Simply doesn't support GBA roms currently because it goes right in the DS slot without any flashing or Passcards or crap like that. The M3 Lite supports GBA as well as DS, but it's $80 and you need a Passcard and microSD card that are both sold separately. The Simply costed me $39.99 and all you need in addition is a microsd card. They have up to 4GB now, so...lots and lots of games! It comes with a cd and a card reader and it's played every DS game I've thrown at it without the slightest issue. The built-in mp3 player works like a charm, and converting videos with the cd is a snap. The only issue I've had is that I can't get certain homebrew apps working, but some need light converting for the simply and maybe I'm just too dumb to find what I need. NES emulation is still iffy, but the SNES emulator runs full-speed with sound for the most part. It's a tad glitchy at points, but Zelda, Mario, and Megaman run full-speed for me without frame-skip! Some of the good emulators for other systems don't have sound implemented yet, but overall the Simply gives you the most bang for your buck. I don't condone warez, but DS roms are pretty easy to come by, if you use torrents or crap like that. If you wanna know anything else, just let me know.

Now...Ahem...Can someone PLEASE point out them .SAV files? Any help is appreciated.
Which SNES emu are you using that is near full speed?
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

arrowhead wrote:Which SNES emu are you using that is near full speed?
I would imagine SnEmulDS. I've tried a few games like Earthworm Jim and Final Fantasy IV, and I would say that if it wasn't full speed with those games, it was so close that I couldn't tell the difference. This was true of FFIV even during the Mode 7 airship sequences, which is pretty phenomenal when you consider how DreamSNES still struggles with those.

The only major downside is that the audio doesn't sync properly, so it tends to stutter every few seconds. What you are able to do, however, is use the built-in SPC jukebox feature, which allows you to play SNES music files in an audio player that is separate to the game.

It also features quite a few graphical glitches, though the graphics rendering can be tweaked a lot, and there are a few different types of speed hacks and other things you can mess with to either speed things up or make them less buggy.

Whilst those two issues can be frustrating, I must say that I experienced less frameskipping than the I did on the latest SNES emulator for the PSP (SnesPSP TYL V0.4.2me), and I have heard good things about the mouse support, which can be hacked in on a game-by-game basis.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Thanks for the help, guys. While a converter sounds like an option, Dualscene.net seems to have everything I need, but thanks for giving me multiple options. :D Oh, and it WAS that emulator. It's pretty good, although buggy as hell sometimes. Mario Allstars works pretty good though. Same with Zelda. FF6 actually seemed to run full-speed, heh. Thanks again, guys!

<^_^>
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

az_bont wrote:Whilst those two issues can be frustrating, I must say that I experienced less frameskipping than the I did on the latest SNES emulator for the PSP (SnesPSP TYL V0.4.2me), and I have heard good things about the mouse support, which can be hacked in on a game-by-game basis.
Really? That is incredible. I never tried to run an SNES emulator on my DS because I just assumed the PSP one would be faster. It sounds like, however, I should give the DS version a shot.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Lameboy DS is well worth picking up too, it's a gbc emulator that runs fullspeed with sound and has excellent compatibility. So you can play PROPER tetris, with it's awesome music once again.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Awesome! Now if only they had a good NES and decent Genesis emulator....Lameboy DS more than makes up for the lack of built-in GBC support of the DS. Care to drop any more names of good apps? Thanks again.

<^_^>
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

jessman wrote:Well, the M3 Simply doesn't support GBA roms currently because it goes right in the DS slot without any flashing or Passcards or crap like that. The M3 Lite supports GBA as well as DS, but it's $80 and you need a Passcard and microSD card that are both sold separately. The Simply costed me $39.99 and all you need in addition is a microsd card. They have up to 4GB now, so...lots and lots of games! It comes with a cd and a card reader and it's played every DS game I've thrown at it without the slightest issue. The built-in mp3 player works like a charm, and converting videos with the cd is a snap. The only issue I've had is that I can't get certain homebrew apps working, but some need light converting for the simply and maybe I'm just too dumb to find what I need. NES emulation is still iffy, but the SNES emulator runs full-speed with sound for the most part. It's a tad glitchy at points, but Zelda, Mario, and Megaman run full-speed for me without frame-skip! Some of the good emulators for other systems don't have sound implemented yet, but overall the Simply gives you the most bang for your buck. I don't condone warez, but DS roms are pretty easy to come by, if you use torrents or crap like that. If you wanna know anything else, just let me know.

Not to burst your bubble, but I paid $40 total for a R4 + 1gb MicroSD card + shipping.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

jessman wrote:the M3 Simply doesn't support GBA roms currently because it goes right in the DS slot
Um, "currently"? GBA mode requires a Slot 2 device; it's not a question of whether a Slot 1 device "supports" it. Someday there might be a good GBA emulator for DS in order to do an end run around that limitation, but that would have nothing to do with any special support in the storage device.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

4 gb micro sd? where can i get one? i never found one online. do you mean micro sdhc? if so im wondering how much those are.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

You know? I've been told they've been out for a while now, but I just can't seem to find a 4GB SDHC on any website. And just what makes the R4 better than the Simply? Can you provide a link with where you bought yours?

<^_^>
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Even though I'm sure you're happy with your M3 Simply, I paid $39.01 about a month or so ago. The 1 cent was shipping. And that's Aussie dollars too. For a AU$100 I got the Simply with shipping and a 2GB microSD.

butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Skynet wrote:Even though I'm sure you're happy with your M3 Simply, I paid $39.01 about a month or so ago. The 1 cent was shipping. And that's Aussie dollars too. For a AU$100 I got the Simply with shipping and a 2GB microSD.
Keep in mind that you live in a country where these devices can be sold openly. They pretty blatantly violate U.S. copyright law, so we have to import from other countries.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I got mine from China... :?

Also, AFAIK I have never even seen them being advertised anywhere! I do know the Xecuter AU site sells them for $60

gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

jessman wrote:You know? I've been told they've been out for a while now, but I just can't seem to find a 4GB SDHC on any website. And just what makes the R4 better than the Simply? Can you provide a link with where you bought yours?
nothing its the same esact cart , r4 frmware comes out a few days to a week ahead, and they both share any firmware advancements with each other.