wii! finally

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

wii! finally

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

wiimote browsing sucks though :?
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Re: wii! finally

Post by Dew »

Did you just get it? The Wiimote really takes some getting used to.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

For a console I think the Wiimote isn't too bad for internet browsing. Still not as good as a Keyboard/mouse though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Dew wrote:Did you just get it? The Wiimote really takes some getting used to.
yeah, just today, and like vegitta said, as far as consoles go, its a nice way to control web stuff, but to me webbrowsing on a home console is quite useless anyway

i have to say, its a nice machine, but i was far more impressed with my 360 when i got that, but then again, ive only played wii sports and wii play, which are quite nice, but no long term interest games. Too bad that right now there arent any games out i would spend 50-60 bucks on for the wii, im quite curious what the thing is capable off
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote: i have to say, its a nice machine, but i was far more impressed with my 360 when i got that, but then again, ive only played wii sports and wii play, which are quite nice, but no long term interest games. Too bad that right now there arent any games out i would spend 50-60 bucks on for the wii, im quite curious what the thing is capable off
that's why i sold it. While the virtual console, and all the other games were fun, they didn't really make me want to come back and play them..

and the games that did try and have a story, the controls sucked. (not into zelda)

it was probably the system i was most hyped to get, and the most let down when i finally played it.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

When all said and done the wii is boring after about the first week and its sold normally within the first month.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

My Wii is collecting dust, but it will get some playtime once school ends. Its library needs a big improvement, though; the only game in the next few months I want is Metroid, and that isn't until August.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

MKE wrote:it was probably the system i was most hyped to get, and the most let down when i finally played it.
That's what I worry.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Hasney wrote:I <3 my Wii still. Cannot get enough of The Godfather, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Paper Mario or Excitetruck!
how is excitetruck? i am kind of interested in it, but the controlls in the wii play cow racing game (you controll the cow with the wiimote as a steering wheel) have me worried, since the controll in that game kind of sucks

for me the must have title on the wii is smash bros, i cant wait till that comes out, i do hope they wont go back on their promise to use the old school gamecube pads though, having to buy two wiimotes (and possibly 3 nunchucks) extra would suck
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:how is excitetruck? i am kind of interested in it, but the controlls in the wii play cow racing game (you controll the cow with the wiimote as a steering wheel) have me worried, since the controll in that game kind of sucks
Well, the reason for that is that the cow steers like... well... a cow. They're not supposed to be high-speed racing vehicles with fast, accurate steering. They're supposed to be a couple of tonnes of beef stampeding along a dirt track.

The Wii remote can handle both fast and accurate without a problem. I've not played Excite Truck, but I've played Sonic (starts off feeling like you're running through sludge, but after a few upgrades it's fast and pretty precise), and I've played around with getting the Wii remote working on some PC games.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

I love Excite Truck, I find the controls to be easy to get used to and Its a very fun game to play, Especially Multiplayer races.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I finally picked up a Wii today :) .
So far i've only got Wii sports, but i plan on picking up Zelda TP and Wii Play.

I was going to buy a Pool Table at first but i just couldn't hold off on getting a Wii any longer.

So far im enjoying Wii Sports (Meanly Boxing, Tennis, and Bowling).
I still have to pick up an extra Wiimote for some multi player goodness, so i might get Wii play tomorrow since that comes with one.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

zero wrote:I finally picked up a Wii today :) .
So far i've only got Wii sports, but i plan on picking up Zelda TP and Wii Play.

I was going to buy a Pool Table at first but i just couldn't hold off on getting a Wii any longer.

I still have to pick up an extra Wiimote for some multi player goodness, so i might get Wii play tomorrow since that comes with one.
if you are after the extra wiimote then wiiplay is kind of OK, im really enjoying nineball, and i think the tank and shooting gallery games are OK

i have yet to get into wiisports though, i spent an hour playing baseball when i unpacker my wii, and then went to wii play.

i do have to say though, im really missing the demo download function of the 360. When i want a 360 game i simply down the demo and check that out first, for the wii its all back to finding trustworthy reviews and such, the fact that nintendo doesnt provide any interactive demo pods (understandable though, with the freestyle wiimote thing) isnt any help either

in terms of online, they have a long way to come still..
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

zero wrote:I finally picked up a Wii today :) .

I agree about the downloading demos thing, it's only now i'm seeing somethings from my 360 that i wish nintendo would of put into the Wii.

to tell the truth im kinda bored with it already, but i've only been playing Wii Sports on single player so far so more then likely when i get the extra wiimote and get some multi player gaming going ill be fine.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Congrats
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

You guys are making me miss my Wii badly. It's in New York getting repaired. :(
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I just started playing the Godfather, this is really fun!
It's thinking...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

|darc| wrote:I just started playing the Godfather, this is really fun!
The Blackhand stuff is pretty amusing when you get it upgraded. The endless parts of the game which involve driving from X to Y get old though. I'm about 3/4s of the way through it.

Probably the best adaptation of traditional controls to the Wiimote I've seen thus far. Nothing really feels wrong, everything works quite well.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I loved the Godfather on Wii. I think it's got some of the best motion controls for the Wii right now. The driving gets a little boring later in the game...but throwing people around and punching store owners in the face never gets old :D I let a guy from work borrow my copy. He returned it a couple of days later. Apparently he liked it so much, he went and bought his own copy. :lol: