.flv Flash Video files only playing Audio

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

.flv Flash Video files only playing Audio

Post by AuroEdge »

I have the latest Media Player Classic binary with default settings and the latest ffdshow with default settings installed. However, every .flv file I download and try to play will only play the audio and no video. Weird? Possibly. Solution? I don't know.
"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is
that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." -Oscar Levant
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Re: .flv Flash Video files only playing Audio

Post by Dew »

I think you may need FLV player, I'm told that's the only way to do it but I highy doubt that since XBMC can do it.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Dew wrote:I think you may need FLV player, I'm told that's the only way to do it but I highy doubt that since XBMC can do it.
Media Player Classic (which is included in the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack) can play FLV videos. It plays 99% of all FLV videos I open in it. The only exception I can remember of right now is the Transformers live action movie trailer from the official website.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Fragger wrote:
Dew wrote:I think you may need FLV player, I'm told that's the only way to do it but I highy doubt that since XBMC can do it.
Media Player Classic (which is included in the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack) can play FLV videos. It plays 99% of all FLV videos I open in it. The only exception I can remember of right now is the Transformers live action movie trailer from the official website.
Have you tried videos off youtube?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

I just installed FLV Player. The player is minimalistic and works on everything I have tried. I think why Media Player Classic didn't work is because there's versions of Flash Video it doesn't support.
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

I don't know if this has been tried but my wife uses GomPlayer to playback YouTube Videos (.flvs) at fulll screen as well.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Lartrak wrote:
Fragger wrote:Media Player Classic (which is included in the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack) can play FLV videos. It plays 99% of all FLV videos I open in it. The only exception I can remember of right now is the Transformers live action movie trailer from the official website.
Yes. Most videos I have in my computer are FLVs from YouTube, and 99.99% of them plays perfectly. The only problematic video I ever got from YouTube was the South Park one where Cartman wants a Wii and ends up in the future after getting frozen in ice (IIRC someone posted it here months ago), but its only problem is that the colors are weird.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
AuroEdge
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by AuroEdge »

Fragger wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Fragger wrote:Media Player Classic (which is included in the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack) can play FLV videos. It plays 99% of all FLV videos I open in it. The only exception I can remember of right now is the Transformers live action movie trailer from the official website.
Yes. Most videos I have in my computer are FLVs from YouTube, and 99.99% of them plays perfectly. The only problematic video I ever got from YouTube was the South Park one where Cartman wants a Wii and ends up in the future after getting frozen in ice (IIRC someone posted it here months ago), but its only problem is that the colors are weird.
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack:bFLV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.0.0.1 | revision 611]