New GenesisPlus: GPDCQ-01202007

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

Christuserloeser wrote:Glad to hear that. Maybe you could try and enable 24khz sound and see how good it will run with the new FAME version... That should also fix the sound problems as eke-eke mentioned that the won't work with low sample rates.
If only it were that simple I would have done it before the release.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TechnoWolf »

LOL...No need for embarassment Dreamcast4Life...any of us could have missed that. I actually did too, that's why it was a P.S. in my last message.
But yeah, anything that is drive or image related should be closed and disabled since SBI uses some of the same sys memory locations as those other progs. Hmmmmmm...you know what, I can't remember now if I had any of that crap running when I was going through all the BootDreams headaches with the XP fatal errors. Could be a culprit?
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I think it might be Technowolf. During the headaches I tried scanning for Spyware,adware,malwares viruses and other sorts because a while back I used to get a messed up message when using the ol bin2boot but then Fackue sent me a Beta version of BD which used CDI4DC or something like that and it worked. However ever when I cleaned a coupld adware and spyware that I had and didn't know about the Bin2Boot starting working again. Well with windows anything is possible, good or bad.
Have you played dreamcast today?
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TechnoWolf »

Okay DC4Life,
That's what it was (Part of it)...I am now able to use BootDreams with no problems. Get it from this source:
http://www.consolevision.com/members/dc ... s_102a.exe
The D/L includes a .dll file which you must copy into the 'tools' folder that the installer makes. Copy the .dll into this folder BEFORE you run the actual prg for the first time, but just after the install, of course.
The really cool thing for me is that it can make a dummy file for you, and puts it in the right place without any questions.
This came in handy for my recent NXDoom compilation.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Just so you two know, there is a new release.

http://www.screamcast.net/publicdownloa ... 012707.zip
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
TechnoWolf
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TechnoWolf »

Thanks, Quzar!
Great work!! I imagine there were many nights of red-eye into this one.
I can tell even as an intermediate that a lot has been cured since 06' on your new build. :D
johnson
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by johnson »

Keep on truckin'
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Quzar wrote:Just so you two know, there is a new release.

I've just burned a test disc, and I've noticed a problem with distorted sound. I've tried both CPU cores, and both type of video rendering, and it won't go away. There's also a very rapid tapping sound, like a fast leaking tap, that seems restricted to the right speaker.

Great stuff, though :D.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

az_bont wrote:

I've just burned a test disc, and I've noticed a problem with distorted sound. I've tried both CPU cores, and both type of video rendering, and it won't go away. There's also a very rapid tapping sound, like a fast leaking tap, that seems restricted to the right speaker.

Great stuff, though :D.
That was there before I got to it. BA has a fix but it hasn't been added in. Has to do with games that use the dac then don't use it later, or using the dac then loading a game that doesn't (or something like that, I just rememeber a post of BA's explaining it saying DAC DAC DAC).
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yeah, it doesn't clear the DAC buffer on startup or if a game disables it mid-game. You can reproduce it by playing something like Sonic 3, which uses the DAC a lot, and then playing something like Columns which doesn't use it at all.

From memory, the fix is basically to erase all the sound buffers when the game starts using memset. When I get back to my main PC (now with another network card, so I can use the BBA again) I'll have a look at it.
alb3530
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by alb3530 »

I've tried some sonic hacks and many don't work with the latest build of Genesis plus.

I think it's due to wrong checksums, cause i suppose the emulator doesn't feature checksum fix
Http_user_agent:
NokiaN80-1/3.0 (4.0623.0.41) Series60/3.0
Profile/MIDP-2.0
Configuration/CLDC-1.1
Superstrider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Superstrider »

I'm having the same problem... Is there a Genesis Emulator for DC that can recognize rom hacks out there?
Sonic RPG Demo #3 Complete!
Click to Download!

Progress of Sonic RPG: First 15 Chapters Complete!
Chapter 16: The Martial Art Tournament 0% Completed

My Deviantart
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Insane homebrew collector.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

haven't try any genesis emulators before... would like to try this one!
is this the newest release?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

hey djray, I remember you from the Beats of Rage forum but man, I haven't seen you in ages... ^^
djray wrote:haven't try any genesis emulators before... would like to try this one!
is this the newest release?
Yeah, it is. Although I would really recommend to check out BlackAura's last build. With some games Quzar's build is better, but most run faster with BA's.

Download them both here at DCHelp's SBI Repository:
http://www.dchelp.net/sbi/files/Emus/Ge ... -Quzar.sbi
http://www.dchelp.net/sbi/files/Emus/Ge ... ckAura.sbi
Insane homebrew collector.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

hey christuserloeser,

i post in spurts, then i take long periods in between! ;)
dusted off the DC and decided to try out the new stuff!

it's more fun to come back and see what has happened, rather to dwell and wait for new releases! hehe

thanks for the info!
will try out BA's build first.
Arron Munroe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Arron Munroe »

Do you have any idea when the new version is getting released?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Well, the last thing I was working on was adding different CPU cores to it. So far I implemented the framework for the switch, and put in one extra core, CrabZ80. Works perfectly fine, although since CrabZ80 is slower than Cz80 it slows down the emulator.

Assuming no further release from BA, I'll probably release something at some point in the next 3 months (yea, big time frame, but I prefer not to say that I will get something out when I won't).
Arron Munroe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Arron Munroe »

So does the latest version have sound problems? I got a bit confused about things people have been saying about it.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

The latest version does not. There were two Q releases the one in the title of this thread, and one released a week later. Only the first had sound problems (as far as has been reported to me).