Compulsion to stay active when listening to music.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Compulsion to stay active when listening to music.

Post by CupNoodle »

Every time I throw on some tunes I feel the need to do something. Reading, using the computer, flipping through the lyrics sheets; anything but just sitting and listening. The only music I can just sit down and focus on without doing anything is ambient, noise and drone. Thoughts? Comments?
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

I pace. I have a strong tendency to lock into pleasent rhythms. If I don't pace, my leg bounces.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I can't relate to that at all. I listen to my ipod everyday on the train so I have to sit still. At home I almost always have music on in the background, and sometimes I just turn it up real loud and lie on my bed and chill out. Good times.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I'm that way if I'm not listening to music through headphones. With headphones I feel like I can more into music and just sit there and listen. If it's thorugh speakers or something I usually do other things like you said, since I don't feel as in the music as I do with headphones on.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Depends on the music, but usually I do like to stay in motion when listening to music.
It's thinking...
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Depends on the music, for me as well. When its something heavy and has a lot of energy, it makes me want to rock out pretty hard. When its chill and relaxing such as Maroon 5, i can easily just sit and relax. But I like music with energy, its so much fun and can loosen people up.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

i listen to ambient and drone at work to help me get focused...

soma FM has some good net radio stations for grooves:
http://somafm.com/

has everything from downtempo, trip-hop, ambient, drone, you name it!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Well...I'm very active when I listen to music...but then...I'm pretty active anyway, so I don't think it's the music that makes me want to do things. Sometimes, when I first buy an album, I'll crank up the stereo and just absorbe the music, but I haven't done that in a while.