Makaron, yet another DC emu for PC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Makaron, yet another DC emu for PC

Post by Juan »

Via DCEmu UK

Apparently there's a new Dreamcast emulator for PC in the works; it seems to load commercial games at playable speeds but with some rendering issues.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Author's blog (in polish)
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Arqueiro »

anyway ro download it ?
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

It's "in the works" so it's not released yet.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Makaron :D :D :D
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Seems it's coming along nicely

Image Image

More pics and some info in polish
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Looks like and purty.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Indeed
Image Image Image

The (dodgy) translation of the news that went with em:
'Evolution 2 has been moved. I will not be immersed to details, but I will say that I saw written attendance of (service activity of) controller better already. It is such flowers more, e.g. Love Hina which has gone affectation title screen at the end. But nothing, it at reprocessing of plug-in for take into consideration fall :)

If somebody else hasn't noticed, Makaron required a Vertex Shaderem 1.1 card (As yet, better property contributes a few, certainly they are certainly obvious new fast and it is more ).Thus, whatever it falls away in before runs below GeForce4 Ti. Acha, As if somebody asked - incoming (As I judge ) system Makarona AMD X2 3800+. I know that does not have such claims Chankast, but I think that I will have more grywalnych tuty³ów. We say about comparable equipment from ultimately 2 Playstation, but at PCSX2 as such putting of case is surprised nobody. Anyway,, ( if it will leave (will go out) ) nullDC, then it will confirm my theory definitely.

Finally - if directions by microsoft for new DirectX 10.1 zg³êbia³ , then among others, it has noticed automatic classification of transparent wall definitely, anyway, algorithm kafelkowym. It returns to life PowerVR maybe I will not make it classification ) , we will wait from (with) 2 lat < summer > < year > and I will have it in each card (kart) on market settled equipment :D'
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
TseTinGFunG
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TseTinGFunG »

Looking good. Personally love any chance I get at popping a disc into the DC itself. But an emulator is always handy for testing out certain things. Can't wait for more information.
Now Playing - Counter-Strike Dreamcast (CSDC) Beta 5.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

hope to see homebrew support :/
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

I hope to see GDrom support...

a guy can dream, right? :P

But seriously speaking, the only thing holding me back from DCemulation is the need to use images of games, rather than the original GDrom. So far I'm under the impression that technically it's impossible to make this work on your average cdrom drive, there's only a few exceptions which do read the discs. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know if it's technically still possible to achieve this, cause nothing sounds more interesting than having DC emulation just like PSX emulation is right now.

Also, there's two things that bother me a bit.

1. On emulation jaggies are much more visible, it's been suggested to me that it's because of the AA part of DC's output not being implemented in emulation. So AA on pc's graphics cards should fix this.

2. More important, in DC games usually you see the transition of where a texture map 'downscales' to a lower quality one. This is especially apparent in Sonic Adventure 1 and other old titles. Could this be helped on PCs? The Sonic Adventure pictures of Makaron sure give me the impression it can. Judging by this screenshot, it looks like it will even suffer from the Moiré effect which is the only stain on Shenmue's clean graphics.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
mog123
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by mog123 »

I'm polish so I'll let myself translate his latest news
I've got the first test results, so I can say some stuff about them. Let the reference be the speed of emulation gained in MIPS.
The first violin plays the physical clock of the Processor, we need to examine two architectures: the little more classic AMD one and Intels Core/Core2, and the Netburst known from P4. It looks like this: a 2GHz Athlon XP is ahead than a P4 2,66GHz with about 15 points, on the other hand, the same XP is just a little behind an Athlon 64 1,8GHz. Semprons, which have lower timing than analog marked Athlons, are(quite obvious) slower. Sempron 64 2800+ (1,6GHz) is far behind a Sempron XP 3000+ (2GHz). Here I would like to say that the newer construction has advantage after all, so a boost up to a frequency of 1,8GHz should remove this difference..

The current use of SSE is so small, that the usage of these instructions doesn't give almost anything. This will change in a short while, cause I have a certain idea... but we'll live and we'll see, because from some improvements that I have made only two of them really do improve.
e.g. It really doesn't matter for an Athlon XP, what code it'll get :)
Another interesting thing is "extinction" of some intructions, like CMOV (brought in wiht the Pentium II - the 6th generation) was supposed to be an answer for, short requirement jumps. The recent 64-bit cpus, and especially Core2, way more prefer jumps than CMOV. And producers add more versions of SSE (and only 64-bit modes offer a bigger number of registers), what makes another VAX grow. It's obviously looks like marketing, and I wanted that in 10 years the present x86 code was only emulated (maybe hardware supported), and developped a completely new, more RISC-like. If apple users could transfer to x86, then Windows users can adapt as easily ;D

The usage of RDTSC on multi-core cpus is asking for trouble (not that QueryPerformanceCounter was perfect, although supposibly Vista has this problem solved, and for XP SP2 you can download a patch). It can be possible that without a certain X2 or C2D under my hand, I won't be able to write proper code for these cpus

For now, the most interesting results were from Core2Duo, but code using RDTSC - so I'll have to verify that :) In the meantime I'm taking my time redoing TA/PVR2 code. There have started to be some multithreading in the emulator, but on this level, it has the same number of pros and cons.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Seems it was a fake (really early April Fools?)
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Juan wrote:Seems it was a fake (really early April Fools?)
Didn't you hear about April Fool's Day before? Or you live under a rock?
Anyway, with nullDC is enough. Plus soon we will get netplay and atomiswave/naomi support,so Makaron is outdated now :p
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

haha, I was totally right in being suspicious! yay.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Coagulus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Coagulus »

Hmm, there seems to be a new blog on his page which mentions PVR2, wish my grandad had taught me Polish!

http://dknute.livejournal.com/tag/makaron
COAGULUS
:;;::;;;;:::;
mog123
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by mog123 »

I'll translate some more:

Jak to zwykle bywa z dalekosiężnymi planami, projektowanie nowego modułu PVR2 nie idzie tak szybko jak bym chciał. W końcu jednak powstanie, bo obecna implementacja to był właściwie taki ciągle rozwijany eksperyment i jest już zupełnie niereformowalna. A nadal źle działa :) Coraz bardziej mi to przeszkadza, a to dobrze, bo mnie zmusi do bardziej stanowczych działań.

to

How it usually goes with faraway plans, projecting the PVR2 Module isn't going as fast as I wish it would. In the end it will see the daylight, cause the present implementation was merely a "continued experiment" and it's completely unformal. And it still works badly :) It starts to bug me more and more, and that's a good thing, it will make me do more decisive actions.

A little rusty, i know, but hey, it took me just a minute or two :p
Masen
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Masen »

why early ? here in europe we do april fools always on the 1st ....
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Masen wrote:
why early ? here in europe we do april fools always on the 1st ....
Because the news for the emulator came out months before, and the news of it being fake came out a few days after april 1st.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Now it seems that confession about it being fake was the actual april fools joke. Oh well.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800