ds homebrew help

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ds homebrew help

Post by mrandyk »

what is needed to get ds homebrew games working on my ds? i have seen so many things like flash carts and pass me and key something i have no idea what i actually need.

and dont bother mentioning the max media dock as it is very incompatible from the reviews i read.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

r4 is the most covenient and they are the original manufactureres to the m3 simply.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

so i just get an r4?
oafan
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by oafan »

yeah r4 is a slot 1 with built in passme
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

does it have good compatibility with homebrew games and emulators? cause the main reason i want this is so i can have snes games on my ds.
oafan
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by oafan »

if the homebrew you want to play can be patched via dldi you can play it on the r4. you can read about dldi here
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Sorry for the qucik and unhelpful reply. Just as oafan mentioned the other specs. But r4 has a built in passme and your run homebrew straight from the slot 1. Deal Extreme has a pretty good deal on the card and 1gig TF microSD
for about $45
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

so is the r4 the best thing i could buy? because i dont wanna buy this thing and find out that there is a better alternative.

and can most homebrew be patched via dldi?
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

I personally think is well worth it. I would post you a link but then it shows you the playability to warez. You can make a simple search on it.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

ok then when i get an opportunity i will buy this r4. thanks for the help guys.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

politoe wrote:Sorry for the qucik and unhelpful reply. Just as oafan mentioned the other specs. But r4 has a built in passme and your run homebrew straight from the slot 1. Deal Extreme has a pretty good deal on the card and 1gig TF microSD
for about $45
I just scooped that up. Thanks for the tip.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Wow, $45 with free shipping for 1 gig of Slot 1 DS homebrew. I might have to pick that up. I've been hodling off waiting for a better solution that didn't require a flash adapter in the GBA slot, and that looks like it.

Still not sure if it is really worth it for me, as I haven't seen a whole lot of SNES roms I think I'd bother with that work with sound. Hrm...
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qCytHzEOMas

the latest build of SNEmul DS. Check out how it uses the ds stylus on some games.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

politoe wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=qCytHzEOMas

the latest build of SNEmul DS. Check out how it uses the ds stylus on some games.
Sweet. Action.
The only thing is I wish you have shown that after my card gets delivered. :(
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

politoe wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=qCytHzEOMas

That is awesome!

Still, I definitely need a flash cart solution with the GBA slot as I like homebrew options on my Gameboy Micro. My M3 suits my needs fine (though it is a little big, but still).
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

So I'm taking it you can't boot from the GBA slot with a slot 1 only adapter such as the one mentioned so much in this thread ? That may restrict my decision. I want DS + GBA homebrew.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

perry wrote:So I'm taking it you can't boot from the GBA slot with a slot 1 only adapter such as the one mentioned so much in this thread ? That may restrict my decision. I want DS + GBA homebrew.
The r4 has a built in passme for the folks who still want to use the slot 2 for homebrew.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

politoe wrote:
perry wrote:So I'm taking it you can't boot from the GBA slot with a slot 1 only adapter such as the one mentioned so much in this thread ? That may restrict my decision. I want DS + GBA homebrew.
The r4 has a built in passme for the folks who still want to use the slot 2 for homebrew.
But then why would you even need a slot 1 card if you would end up buying a slot 2 card anyway? A passme is loads cheaper than a flash card with passme support.

Having said that, I realize there is a huge market for a one slot solution and this is a great deal for that. As long as you don't care about GBA support, this is one to jump on.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

melancholy wrote:
politoe wrote:
But then why would you even need a slot 1 card if you would end up buying a slot 2 card anyway? A passme is loads cheaper than a flash card with passme support.

Having said that, I realize there is a huge market for a one slot solution and this is a great deal for that. As long as you don't care about GBA support, this is one to jump on.
exactly, I can care less about slot 2 now. Slot 1 homebrew is progressing and I'm satisfied the way it is.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

yes i want the ds homebrew, it should be far better than gba homebrew considering the systems capabilities.