New job interview, yayzorz

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New job interview, yayzorz

Post by Luriden »

Got a job interview at Hasting's approx. 14 hours after applying. The interview is thursday. Chances are I'll have to work a register, which kinda scares to me to be honest since I've never worked a register and I suck with common math off the top of my head (hopefully these new-fangled registers tell me how much to give, according to my mom back in her day they didn't). Either way, I suppose having Best Buy under my belt helped quite a bit, since I've applied before getting the job at Best Buy and they never called me back. Either that or they're just desperate this time around.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

You shouldn't have to do any math unless you mispunch the amount of money they give you. Just do what the screen says.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

You don't pay attention to the register when you shop anywhere? Anyone can work a register.

It's pretty funny when they do hire those "anyone" people and then the computers go down and the employees can't make change for you to save their lives. Well, when you're there, it's not that funny...
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

You just scan the barcodes, press the total button, then type in the money you are given, press another button and the cash draw opens and the display tells you what to give back (if anything). Simple.

And if they're using credit/debit cards it is even easier.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I'd think the worst part about working at a Hastings would be having to get people to pay their late fees.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

butters wrote:I'd think the worst part about working at a Hastings would be having to get people to pay their late fees.
True that. Luckily I noticed not a lot of people rent there. There's the loyal Hasting's customers who rent like 10 movies at a time, but most people go to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video for that type of stuff. Hasting's doesn't have any good rental deals like Blockbuster has, and their selection isn't too great.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:
butters wrote:I'd think the worst part about working at a Hastings would be having to get people to pay their late fees.
True that. Luckily I noticed not a lot of people rent there. There's the loyal Hasting's customers who rent like 10 movies at a time, but most people go to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video for that type of stuff. Hasting's doesn't have any good rental deals like Blockbuster has, and their selection isn't too great.
Have fun with that. I had a friend in college who worked for a video store (a friend of a friend, actually), and he drew this comic about his "favorite" experience with a customer:

MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

That cartoon makes 0 sense to me.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

MulletMan13 wrote:That cartoon makes 0 sense to me.
If you want a little context, you can read the full series at http://www.registeronecomic.com . I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, though....
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

The quote from 'Mike' fails to do anything... I get the 'shows signs of use' thing, but first off I have no idea who 'Poe' is or wear this rant is, and I don't get why he has two hammers.

Also it just isn't funny...

a guy brings in a movie wanting it returned when it has signs of use, so the clerk kills him?

.... uh..... k?
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

That comic sucks.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Code-Red wrote:That comic sucks.
Indeed, though at least it's drawn well enough.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Follow the word of Gord
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I read all the other comics on that site from last 3 years and I must say I really like it. that one posted sucks but the series is really good, goes in depth into peoples relationships.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

How did the interview go/have you had it yet? Best of luck on it.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Thomas wrote:How did the interview go/have you had it yet? Best of luck on it.
Thanks. I'm having the interview today at 4:00 (which is about four hours and twenty minutes from now). I talked to my Best Buy supervisor over Xbox Live and we discussed it all since I put him down on my Hasting's application, he says it's a great place to work and he was planning on applying there had something happened with his Best Buy job. It seems really laid back which is nice, it's the total opposite of what I'm used to with working at Best Buy. But I'm counting my chickens before they hatch, I don't know how many people they're interviewing versus how many people they're hiring.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Prophet][ wrote:I read all the other comics on that site from last 3 years and I must say I really like it. that one posted sucks but the series is really good, goes in depth into peoples relationships.
I found out about it because the creators are old friends of one of my college housemates.

It's an interesting comic, but they've gone through a few long periods without updates.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I think the interview went pretty well. I seemed surprisingly confident and wasn't nervous at all. The interview only lasted about three minutes, if even that. The interviewer said they got most of the needed info from the questionnaire I took at the end of the application, and he would call me later this week or early next week.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Code-Red wrote:That comic sucks.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I got the job, and tomorrow morning I go in to "fill out papers." Should I dress up? I know at Best Buy, when I went to sign papers it was called an "orientation" in which I did dress up for, but I'm not sure if this is going to be that sort of thing and if it's worth dressing up nice for. I may just be going in, some lady at a desk might hand me some papers, I fill them out, and I'm done. I doubt that though, since the manager guy set up a specific time, so I'm sure he'll be there.